• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

explodet

Actually it was kinda par for the course for those guys. Which isn't BAD, just that I didn't feel they stepped up their game any.

Colbert gave some really good monologues, and watching Sam Bee get angrier and angrier was pretty fun.

Enk

makes good threads.
I way preferred Colbert/Stewert playing off one another back in 2008

Yeah I was pretty disappointed on how they handled it this year (still entertaining though). I was really looking forward to them teaming up again and doing a long live show like last time. I remember it having a great ending too when everyone was freed from the confines of the studio and basking in the warm glow of Obama's America.

This election for comedy purposes needed to end for those 2 I think.

Obama, the boring incumbent. The inevitable Romney, being a walking joke for almost a year prior to the election.

Mostly just a look of relief.

Feep

Banned
The videos aren't working for me on their sites..."Content Not Available" or whatever. (in the US)

I wanna seeeeee = (

Jintor

I missed the opening yesterday... kinda glad I did, would've been overhyped for the good-but-not-amazing show that followed.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
It was a lot "closer" than it was in 2008. And if they had started an hour or two earlier, they would have been there for most the returns. Didn't 2008 coverage start at 9 EST instead of 11?

RagnarokX

Heh, on Fox News a guy did point to the political map and say essentially "Look at the map behind me, most of it is red, how did Obama win?" and some guy had to explain to him that the population of the United States is not evenly distributed across the surface of the country.

Jintor

I am normally just kind of depressed by Fox News, but right now I'm actually kind of fucking angry. How can you possibly be so self-delusional. How can this happen. How do you not recognise your own inherent fearful, scared racism, terrified of change, terrified of minorities, angry and lashing out, pretending you're the victims of some overwhelming evil.

Heh, on Fox News a guy did point to the political map and say essentially "Look at the map behind me, most of it is red, how did Obama win?" and some guy had to explain to him that the population of the United States is not evenly distributed across the surface of the country.

I need a link for that

WillyFive

I am normally just kind of depressed by Fox News, but right now I'm actually kind of fucking angry. How can you possibly be so self-delusional. How can this happen. How do you not recognise your own inherent fearful, scared racism, terrified of change, terrified of minorities, angry and lashing out, pretending you're the victims of some overwhelming evil.

They fully recognize it. They aren't doing this genuinely, it has been part of their formula ever since the channel launched during the Clinton administration.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Oh god Colbert's little monologue to his female audience there cut to the core. I guarantee every male viewer had the Feel Face on.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
They fully recognize it. They aren't doing this genuinely, it has been part of their formula ever since the channel launched during the Clinton administration.

Yeah, I'm convinced now that the entire Fox news network is essentially one huge Colbert Show. Colbert just does it with sarcasm, while Fox projects it with a more straight faced Leslie Nielson style. But also, Fox uses the people (Republican fanatics) who really believe this shit in their comedy show as props. Really, when you think about it, the entire Fox news network is just one huge comedy show targeted towards Republican religious fanatics. Rupert Murdoch saw a demographic that wasn't being tapped and created an entire network to cater to them.

It's the only plausible explanation. An entire news network can't possibly be that ignorant of facts, evidence, and logic.

Can it?

I rather wish that they used more of those celebrities they showed off during the opening of Tuesday's Daily Show. I mean, seriously, give Patrick Stewart a wig and he'd totally look like Washington...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Neither I nor me nor me will be responsible for this money.

Shameful. It's money laundering.

It's shocking how it's even more like money laundering than it was before this. I remember saying this all could be used as a money laundering scam, back before we all learned about this. Now it's like, all you need to do is wait for an election and you can launder all the money you want for a few months. Shit is just incredibly shady.

markot

Banned
Think colbert will donate the superpac stuff away for Sandy relief?

But its amazing that stuff like that is legal. I love that lawyer too.

Jintor

Mike Huckabee is one of those particularly reprehensible, duplicitous politicians.... that somehow remains kinda likable.

Yeah... I can feel it. Every time he says "Let's be fair", I cringe on the inside but I still want to keep listening.

At least he seems aware he's working for a bunch of crazy assholes

Top Bottom