• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

Loxley

Mike Huckabee is one of those particularly reprehensible, duplicitous politicians.... that somehow remains kinda likable.

Yeah, I always like his interviews with John. I disagree with him in pretty much every aspect, but at the end of the day he does come off as decent guy.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Give Colbert a Peabody for his continued education on the insanity that is Super Pacs.

Oh wait they already did didn't they? Another one?

I think the people at FOX are just trolling for hits. Whenever any of them come on The Daily Show, they're a lot more reasonable because they're not being paid to get hits for making a false controversial opinion. It's entertainment to them.

Also, how cute is this:

iQEeMsuLhitNp.gif

Keasar

Give Colbert a Peabody for his continued education on the insanity that is Super Pacs.

Oh wait they already did didn't they? Another one?

I was absolutely shocked to hear about how these Super Pacs can be used. FOX just lost every right to call america "great democracy", not that they had any to begin with.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I was absolutely shocked to hear about how these Super Pacs can be used. FOX just lost every right to call america "great democracy", not that they had any to begin with.

Quite simply it sounds like the easiest way to launder money ever. Fucking incredible.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Mike Huckabee is one of those particularly reprehensible, duplicitous politicians.... that somehow remains kinda likable.

I had an odd fascination with him in 08 when he tried to position himself as the populist in the Republican field for a while. He was always the most hardcore socon, but somehow managed to come off as...not overtly malicious. Of course when he joined the Fox News stable he veered even further right on everything, became known as "that dude who was mad at Natalie Portman for having a child out of wedlock" and lost any redeeming qualities, but, you're right, he's somehow still kinda likable.

Dude also gained all that weight back that he mentioned so much in the 08 campaign, lol.

Jimothy

Yeah, I always like his interviews with John. I disagree with him in pretty much every aspect, but at the end of the day he does come off as decent guy.

That makes him a lot more sinister, imo. His views on gays, abortion, and AIDS are disgusting and inhuman, but since he puts a jolly face on people find him amiable. It's pretty disturbing.

Jintor

I think the people at FOX are just trolling for hits. Whenever any of them come on The Daily Show, they're a lot more reasonable because they're not being paid to get hits for making a false controversial opinion. It's entertainment to them.

Also, how cute is this:

iQEeMsuLhitNp.gif

It'd be so much cuter if Bill hadn't done that white minority thing on election night. God, that was stupid. Even if it's just a character he's playing... urgh.

Link

The Autumn Wind
That makes him a lot more sinister, imo. His views on gays, abortion, and AIDS are disgusting and inhuman, but since he puts a jolly face on people find him amiable. It's pretty disturbing.
This. The most dangerous people are the ones that don't come across as threatening.

CPS2

Colbert: That would make an interesting reality TV show - billionaire fight.
Gingrich: We just had that it's called the election.

Mind = Blown.

It'd be so much cuter if Bill hadn't done that white minority thing on election night. God, that was stupid. Even if it's just a character he's playing... urgh.

John's bit about this was fantastic, pointing out the irony of two people named O'Reilley and Goldberg lamenting the rise of new minority groups immigrating to America.

explodet

I just got caught up, and that segment about O'Reilly and Goldberg talking about minorities segueing into the 19th century attitudes about the Irish was awesome.

jP4DbCJfQSlrH.png

Best (original) Moment of Zen in a long time, too.

Man...

I really like Booker.

I don't want him to run for gov. I don't want him to become carcetti. He needs to keep fixing newark and make a better example for other cities.

Yeah, the six or seven minutes that are allotted to interviews in the show just isn't enough. I wouldn't want to take any time away from any of the other segments though.
jstewasp5p.png

Got to leave the audience wanting more. I would agree but the show can get bogged down with staff-fatigue and the formula seems to work well, as it is. When does their holiday break begin? Is it two-weeks or longer?

Jon Stewart's niece is the guest tonight? Seriously?

Edit: Nope, that was an incredibly dumb assumption. Kristen Stewart is the last guest of 2012? Eh.

Edit 2: WYATT'S LEAVING THE SHOW!?

Bear

Man, I was sad to find out Wyatt is leaving. I always thought he was the best correspondent, his style of humor was pretty unique and definitely stood out among the staff. He had some legendary segments on the show.

If they want more time, they could cut all of the correspondents stuff. No one would miss them.

2h4lul3.gif

Fantastical

Death Prophet
If they want more time, they could cut all of the correspondents stuff. No one would miss them.

I have to say, I think the corespondents are easily the weakest part of the show. They definitely have their moments, but there's also a good bit of unfunny in there too.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Correspondents are a waste of an already too short show. Dump them all, they're not worth their time. Kristen Stewart also has to be on of the worst interviews I've ever seen, goddamn.

Yeah, I can live without the correspondents. I'm always disappointed when they show up in front of the camera. Almost as boring as most of the interviews. Love the fact that Colbert can perform his whole show alone.

Edit: What is worse than the correspondents and interviews? The constant breaks. Feels like the show's off every other week. Man, I don't even remember the last time I didn't work for a week. (Yes, I'm jealous.) Of course, I love the show (and Colbert) very much, and all this is just nitpicking...

What the hell is La Comay doing in the Daily Show.

Born and raised in PR and this is surreal.

Highest rated show ever?

I used to hate that show.

Top Bottom