• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

WillyFive

Bye Wyatt! Minus one great correspondent....

What the hell is La Comay doing in the Daily Show.

Born and raised in PR and this is surreal.

Highest rated show ever?

I used to hate that show.

That was a great segment. I used to think it was such a ridiculous show, but Daily Show brought up a lot of great points about it that make other US news places seem like a joke.

Danielsan

John Oliver, Jason Jones, Samantha Bee and Wyatt Cenac (bye ;_;) I think are worth keeping around.
Agreed. Love Oliver in particular. Aasif Mandvi and Al Madrigal have their moments as well. Though I can't get over how much Al Madrigal looks like Zach Braff with a diferrent skin tone.

Losing Wyatt also sucks, because he and Oliver were the only two correspondents who were also on the writing staff. I wonder who's going to replace him?

I think there's a decent chance there's going to be a lot of correspondent turnover, actually. Jones and Bee have both been there a relative eternity, and Mandvi seems underused, in addition to having also been there a while.

Raxus

I find TDS really shines when they have guest correspondents. Larry Widmore and Jack Black were amazing. Sadly they appeared less and less this year.

It is hard to top their former correspondents and the new ones have their moments at least.

Aaron

If John Stewart needs someone to take an outraged contrary opinion couldn't he just get some kind of sarcastic parrot? I hear Churchill's is still alive.

spliced

The correspondent bits mostly aren't very good although I will admit they have been slightly better lately. But the bottom line is Stewart is the best guy on the show and that's who I want to see, especially when all they do is four 30 minute shows every other week.

bud

i kinda hoped jon would joke around about the whole cheating thing.

he gave pattinson ice cream!

it would be way awkward, but still.

Jimothy

The correspondent bits mostly aren't very good although I will admit they have been slightly better lately. But the bottom line is Stewart is the best guy on the show and that's who I want to see, especially when all they do is four 30 minute shows every other week.

It seems every segment has either the correspondents or Jon cracking up, even when it isn't funny. It's like they know whatever they're doing isn't working, so they start laughing hoping it'll make the audience laugh with them.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I have this dream that Colbert gets the Senate position in SC and has to end his show, and then CC can't find anyone to fill his time slot so they just turn TDS into an hour long show.

BigDug13

I have this dream that Colbert gets the Senate position in SC and has to end his show, and then CC can't find anyone to fill his time slot so they just turn TDS into an hour long show.

That's a terrible dream. TDS doesn't need to be an hour nor does Jon want to attempt to come out with 1 hour of material each night. They would just attempt to replace the time slot with another failed show like what they had with the Colin Quinn show pre-Colbert. Besides. Colbert doesn't rely on "correspondents" to create his awesome show. (Still love TDS though.)

That's a terrible dream. TDS doesn't need to be an hour nor does Jon want to attempt to come out with 1 hour of material each night. They would just attempt to replace the time slot with another failed show like what they had with the Colin Quinn show pre-Colbert. Besides. Colbert doesn't rely on "correspondents" to create his awesome show. (Still love TDS though.)

I miss that show.

WillyFive

How likely really is it for Colbert to get a Senate seat? Because I can't tell with Colbert, especially considering what he has been able to do in the past.

Clevinger

Is Colbert running as his character or himself? I haven't been watching or paying attention to any of this lately.

It's funny and kinda sad, because Colbert would probably make a good senator like Al Franken is.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is Colbert running as his character or himself? I haven't been watching or paying attention to any of this lately.

It's funny and kinda sad, because Colbert would probably make a good senator like Al Franken is.

The SC governor gets to pick the replacement.

Keasar

0%

His entire schtick is making fun of conservatives.

They did fall for it once.
Colbert_Dinner.JPG

Maybe we will get lucky?

I know I'm about 6 years late but I just watched Colbert's Correspondents dinner speech/roast. Fucking incredible. What a legend. How the fuck did he make it out of that building alive? The amount of people he very visibly royally pissed off was insane.

Keasar

I know I'm about 6 years late but I just watched Colbert's Correspondents dinner speech/roast. Fucking incredible. What a legend. How the fuck did he make it out of that building alive? The amount of people he very visibly royally pissed off was insane.

Definatly one of his greatest moments in his career.

Top Bottom