• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

Keasar

Just saw the latest episode of The Daily Show.

What. The. FUCK(!) is wrong with these people? I just saw that "1776 WILL HAPPEN AGAIN"-guy and how is he NOT in a mental hospital? I am absolutely fascinated by these peoples hard-ons for rifles and their complete ignorance. When is America, as a nation, get togheter and force all these numbnuts into their own little state? Because having them running around inside a giant superpower (with nukes) makes me nervous over here.

Also credit to General Stanley McChrystal, cool dude.

What. The. FUCK(!) is wrong with these people? I just saw that "1776 WILL HAPPEN AGAIN"-guy and how is he NOT in a mental hospital? I am absolutely fascinated by these peoples hard-ons for rifles and their complete ignorance.
Cause...
pew-pew-pew-merica.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

What. The. FUCK(!) is wrong with these people? I just saw that "1776 WILL HAPPEN AGAIN"-guy and how is he NOT in a mental hospital? I am absolutely fascinated by these peoples hard-ons for rifles and their complete ignorance. When is America, as a nation, get togheter and force all these numbnuts into their own little state? Because having them running around inside a giant superpower (with nukes) makes me nervous over here.

Also credit to General Stanley McChrystal, cool dude.

The better question is, how does that man have a radio show with thousands of fans and followers?
http://www.infowars.com/ Click at your own risk. It's SFW, but it can injure your brain.

The dual gun debate segments last night are now in my Top 10 of "The Daily Show". I love how when Stewart is truly passionate about something, such as this and the 9/11 first responders getting fucked over, it really elevates the show.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"Hello neighbors, we can't help but notice that the bridge we use together is getting kind of old and worn down. So we're going to offer you a bridge paid entirely by our government."
*points shotgun* "Get off our property you snake-oil selling Canadians!"

Seriously, what the hell?

Also, appropriate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny4a-oxOndo

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot about the racist guy scared of all the evil Chinese coming in. Good lord.

Keasar

Every time Stewart get critiqued he goes for the whole this show is stupid shtick.

He does and I agree with that, but as he points out, he gets called out for being lazy, unproffessional and "ruining his brand" for making fun of the fact that USA is planning to get out of its financial debt with a trillion-billion-whatever dollar coin. To the rest of the world, this is proving the stereotype that USA is a really silly nation.

He does and I agree with that, but as he points out, he gets called out for being lazy, unproffessional and "ruining his brand" for making fun of the fact that USA is planning to get out of its financial debt with a trillion-billion-whatever dollar coin.

Krugman thought his statement showcased his ignorance of fiscal policy and a lack of understanding about the contradictory orders Congress gave POTUS. I thought it was harsh because Jon is a comedian. Occasionally getting substance from TDS is icing on the cake. And a great many don't understand or disagree about legality/impact of the coin. So I don't fault a comedian or layman like me for struggling to understand. I think the back and forth is over until Krugman comes on the show.

Top Bottom