• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

JDSN

Banned
God damn, Mr. Bond brought that ether for Colbert last night. Comparing someone to Rush Limbaugh is some of the worst things you can do to another man.

Keasar

Two of my favourity interviewees are Neil De Grasse Tyson and Denis Leary.

Neil De Grasse because he is intelligent and funny at the same time. Usually bring something fun and new to learn about to the show.

Denis Leary because Jon and Denis forget whatahell they were talking about and just start bashing each other for 10 minutes as great friends, and its always hilarious.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
that neil degrasse tyson interview was the best interview I've seen on Daily Show because it's fascinating and learned something

The dinosaur extinction? Well, a couple of things:
1. There's way more evidence than just correlation. There's a thin layer of dust from the same time as impact all across the globe.
2. Dinosaurs are not extinct. Birds are dinosaurs. Neil would have gone into this considering he's part of the Museum of Natural History which has a whole floor about this.

two weeks ='(

i have nothing to watch.

ikzPLhJo3g8DB.gif

dLMN8R

Following TDS and TCR closely, I can't believe how long it's been since they took time off. I'm used to seeing it happen once a month or so, where they do 3 or 4 weeks on, then 1-2 weeks off, but this time the last time they were off was over the holidays. Two months straight of shows.

gabbo

Following TDS and TCR closely, I can't believe how long it's been since they took time off. I'm used to seeing it happen once a month or so, where they do 3 or 4 weeks on, then 1-2 weeks off, but this time the last time they were off was over the holidays. Two months straight of shows.

And several three day weekends

No posts? :(

Great week for both shows. Dinklage was awesome on Monday as he always is. The pig farmer interview on Colbert was hilarious. When he questioned him about the pigs meandering into the slaughterhouse I lost it.

JDSN

Banned
God damn, Im usually firmly set in Colbert Camp but Jon brought it last night, that initial segment was Emmy-winning material, then Oliver's segment came I literally said "Oh shit" when the guy started mentioning the Varsovia's ghettos, hallucinating stuff, especially because Oliver wasnt leading or antagonistic towards the guy.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm surprised they didn't bring up the segment where they sympathized with the Steubenville rapists. Maybe they planned to but couldn't make it funny.

Anyone else having problems with the Daily Show online player? Since the start of this week it's been stopping and refusing to play the rest of the episode after it cuts for the first ad break. All my Daily Show eps this week have been 10 minutes long! Sucks. It hangs after it cuts to black and says "content will return shortly", but it never does.

In comparison, I have no issues with the Colbert Report player. Plays the episode in full no problem.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Anyone else having problems with the Daily Show online player? Since the start of this week it's been stopping and refusing to play the rest of the episode after it cuts for the first ad break. All my Daily Show eps this week have been 10 minutes long! Sucks. It hangs after it cuts to black and says "content will return shortly", but it never does.

In comparison, I have no issues with the Colbert Report player. Plays the episode in full no problem.

Try the hulu player, the episodes are there as well.

hiro4

Yup having the same problem.
Really annoying. But I had this several times before. Most of the times a few days later it would work again.

Watching the interview with David Stockman on the corruption of USA's capitalism made me feel I just grew some new neurons on all this economy stuff, I could listen to them talk for an hour.

China growing to be the biggest credit bubble. The reason for the Great Depression. "Bubble believers" like Greenspan and the new Bernake dude. Glass Metal regime. Very enlightening.

Jintor

Jesus christ you goddamn video player go suck on a lemon. Can't stop buffering, can't stop fucking seeking, lags like a sonofabitch, crashes sometimes when reverting from fullscreen mode for no apparent reason. What a crock of shit

I seriously want a gif out of that Colbert "Heyoo! *slap*"

Good idea, but I have no GIF skills.

My pet peeve for TDS and Colbert right now is, I'm watching the show feeling like I'm getting some smart laughs (although there is immature humor the majority has some social thought behind it) the show goes to break and I get ads for Scary Movie 5 and that Fluffy mexican comic.

Good idea, but I have no GIF skills.

My pet peeve for TDS and Colbert right now is, I'm watching the show feeling like I'm getting some smart laughs (although there is immature humor the majority has some social thought behind it) the show goes to break and I get ads for Scary Movie 5 and that Fluffy mexican comic.

That's why I watch it on DVR.

There was supposed to a be a new one tonight, but I think they're putting in a repeat of the Jimmy Carter episode cause of the bombing

Edit: Or was there no new episode scheduled tonight anyway?

Top Bottom