• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Caught last nights show. Why is it whenever Jon takes a break, he grows a beard? The beard does make him look older though.

When you have to shave everyday then you enter a situation where you don't then you won't. Basically it's annoying, I'm the same way when I take time off.

Tamanon

Banned
That latino segment is so right. The different countries all think another country is worse.

"I don't want to show the professionals how it's done" as a piece of notebook paper is slipped to John in the middle of a power outage.

Keasar

So George Zimmerman goes free but that woman gets 20 years in prison for shooting in the air to scare off a threat? I am speechless.

Also, ending was great.

Jintor

Holy shit those bottles

my god john you broke the show. God I hope we get a bugle this week

/edit oh god a boom mike at the last second

explodet

Correspondent broken bottle fight and a blackout singalong?
Man, I missed these guys.

The fact that they actually checked their work and looked up the Chilean/mayo thing just made it more absurd.

gabbo

Correspondent broken bottle fight and a blackout singalong?
Man, I missed these guys.

The fact that they actually checked their work and looked up the Chilean/mayo thing just made it more absurd.

it was refreshing to have them back, let alone have those two things happen.
French? *smash* Chilean? *smash*... *both continually smash bottle remnants*

Tamanon

Banned
I think Oliver actually does incredulous anger better than Stewart does. Stewart isstill way ahead on the emotional and exasperated look though.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I watched the Colbert Report, and I was ready for the cello segment to be really stupid, but I actually found it really funny. I love how much everyone involved gave it their all. :p

Rehynn

This was the first time I'd heard of Spitzer... so what exactly is so wrong with sleeping with hookers that it should keep a man from seeking public office forever?

Keasar

This was the first time I'd heard of Spitzer... so what exactly is so wrong with sleeping with hookers that it should keep a man from seeking public office forever?
In the words of one of the wisest men to ever walk this earth.
George Carlin said:
I do not understand why prostitution is illegal. Why should prostitution be illegal. Selling is legal, fucking is legal. Why isn’t selling fucking legal? You know, why should it be illegal to sell something that is perfectly legal to give away. I can’t follow the logic on that at all. Of all the things you can do to a person, giving someone a orgasm is hardly the worst thing in the world. In the army they give you a medal for spraying napalm on people. civilian life, you go to jail for giving someone an orgasm. Maybe, I’m not supposed to understand it.
And the mystery lives on.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Holy shit that final moment of the Jerry Seinfeld interview was great, he completely broke Colbert.

I usually hate Colbert's 'interviews' but I'll make an exception for Jerry and give it a watch thanks for the heads up. I usually turn off my TV after the second segment.

JDSN

Banned
I usually hate Colbert's 'interviews' but I'll make an exception for Jerry and give it a watch thanks for the heads up. I usually turn off my TV after the second segment.

It was great, funny how Jerry said jokinly that he uses comedy to dominate people but at the end he confused Steven into breaking character. Someone really needs to make a gif of the weird coffee drinking.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Great opening segment from Stephen about the Royal Baby news overshadowing a massive prison break out in Iraq.

Was not expecting the picture of Gollum.

Rehynn

Read the wiki entry.

I did. Maybe it's because I'm not American, but I still don't see why the man should remain in hiding for the rest of his life.

The same goes for Anthony Weiner. He gets off on texting pictures of his dick, so... what exactly does that have to do with his work as Congressman or (potentially - ha!) Mayor? Why do we give a shit at all, other than the fact that it's pretty amusing?

Colbert just announced that Daft Punk will be his guests for his annual music festival. This year it's called "Colbchella '013: The Song of the Summer Of the Century".

GET HYPED!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Oh man, the end of Colbert's Hugh Laurie interview was great. He must have been practicing that joke for a while, and Hugh Laurie's reaction was amazing.

Quick

Banned
I was expecting a musical performance from Hugh Laurie, but that was pretty awesome, too. I was puzzled after seeing Colbert back on his desk talking about another topic.

Top Bottom