• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

Colbert missed out on a good joke with MTV not actually playing any music videos anymore and Daft Punk being on a channel that doesn't actually play music.

Keasar

Today's interview with Kirsten Gillibrand was great. I liked Kirsten a lot after that from never have heard of her.

sammex

I just caught up on the last Colbert - OMG the vending machine was hilarious. Stephen has been on a roll recently with the Hugh Laurie/Matt Damon interview and the Get Lucky dancing.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Was Rand Paul interviewed tonight? And please tell me:

1. There was no shitty drone talk
2. Oliver destroyed him

Tamanon

Banned
Was Rand Paul interviewed tonight? And please tell me:

1. There was no shitty drone talk
2. Oliver destroyed him

It was mainly about the ACA, no drone talk. Oliver did the best to really dive into what they actually oppose about it. Paul is a tough sell though, he'll just bulldoze through with his answers.

John did get him on the UK health care though which was pretty funny.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
It was mainly about the ACA, no drone talk. Oliver did the best to really dive into what they actually oppose about it. Paul is a tough sell though, he'll just bulldoze through with his answers.

John did get him on the UK health care though which was pretty funny.

That's my man.

Can't wait to see it.

explodet

Already? Damn, that was over sooner than I thought.

I hope they do a compilation of all of the things Jon was doing instead of hosting (waiting to be born to the royal family, setting the world record for smashing watermelons with his head, etc.)

Asbel

I liked Oliver about as much as Stewart as host but Oliver brought in better guests.

Stewart would bring in people like JLo to promote a shit movie way too often. I skip about half of Stewart's interviews but have watched all of Oliver's.

Jackpot

Banned
Disappointed they just skipped out on Egypt in favour of a backpatting almost-clip show. TDS has tackled sombre stories before and would have liked to see their take on it vs the superficial reporting of the rest of the media. Now they'll probably use the break till September to skip it entirely.

Disappointed they just skipped out on Egypt in favour of a backpatting almost-clip show. TDS has tackled sombre stories before and would have liked to see their take on it vs the superficial reporting of the rest of the media. Now they'll probably use the break till September to skip it entirely.

Do you use The Daily Show as your primary news source? Not sure why you're so disappointed considering this is a comedy news show that only goes on for 25 minutes in a day, not a 24-hour news cycle. I'm sure Jon Stewart will do a wrap up of everything he missed which might include Egypt.

gabbo

I liked Oliver about as much as Stewart as host but Oliver brought in better guests.

Stewart would bring in people like JLo to promote a shit movie way too often. I skip about half of Stewart's interviews but have watched all of Oliver's.

Oliver didn't handle the political guests as well.

explodet

Angry Colbert is best Colbert.
It's funny when he gets his way, and funnier when he doesn't.

RAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.gif

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
And that's why they couldn't do Colbchella? He is going to be so pissed, I cannot wait to see the reaction.

Well, some are speculating that Daft Punk was pissed at MTV for the whole fiasco. Purly speculation though.

Be awesome if they showed up next Tuesday on Colbert.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ooooh man, Jon is going to have to so much fun with this revival.

Hopefully CNN is not that dumb. Right? ..... Right?

Jon's going to wind up killing the same show twice isn't he?

EDIT: I still don't get how Kramer survived his thrashing. If I were him I'd have quit and moved to Siberia after that beat down.

Operation: Just the tip

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Kind of boring news bits. But I imagine it will take Jon a few days to get back to form. "Shut the Fuck up marching band". Oliver had a better Marching band bit.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-july-18-2013/the-rock-block

And not just becasue they were playing a Doctor Who tune.

Jon's going to wind up killing the same show twice isn't he?

EDIT: I still don't get how Kramer survived his thrashing. If I were him I'd have quit and moved to Siberia after that beat down.

Operation: Just the tip

Kramer bit seemed really staged. He knew exactly what he was getting into. He went into it knowing he was going to get a public shaming, and he pretty much sat and took it, then went back to work.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Kramer bit seemed really staged. He knew exactly what he was getting into. He went into it knowing he was going to get a public shaming, and he pretty much sat and took it, then went back to work.

I suppose. Dude just took the bullet for everyone else.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I suppose. Dude just took the bullet for everyone else.

Well, the reason the Crossfire thing was so shocking was because the two hosts were taken totally off guard with it. They probably had comedians on the show before for a laugh, and expected Stewart to be a safe fluff piece. Stewart just blindsided them.

Top Bottom