• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

explodet

God damn it, I can't help but laugh when Knoxville gets his ass kicked.

i4L0kVcoEyqjD.png

All hail the Ur-Lord of the Afterscape.

Milchjon

"The two parties are at a stalemate, but luckily, the GOP has one of the stalest mates of all, Indiana congressman Marlin Stutzman".

Had me in stitches.

Keasar

I seriously hope they just mailed another Emmy with the note "Its an easy choice for next year." to Colbert. That was absolutely awesome.

maeh2k

So was there anything real about the Wedding segment? I'm honestly not sure.

Of course. All real. (though I think the bear might have been fake and it's not quite clear if they are legally married now)

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/10/04/colbert-hosts-shutdown-wedding/

The groom said he got a call from a Colbert producer on Wednesday afternoon while he and Ms. Le were at the Jefferson Memorial taping another TV interview.

Were they interested? He turned to ask his fiancé. “She just started jumping up and down screaming ‘yes, yes, yes,’ ” he recalled in an interview Friday morning as he was en route back to Washington. “So I got back on the phone (and said) ‘she’s jumping up and down so I think we’re a go.’ ”

As it happens, Ms. Le is a huge Colbert fan. (And Mr. Cassesso is a huge Mandy Patinkin fan. “When I was a kid I made my parents watch ‘The Princess Bride’ every day for five years.’ “)

They invited their close family and friends to be at the “wedding,” but couldn’t tell them why because the show wanted to be sure it was a surprise. “We just said ‘don’t ask us questions because we can’t give you answers, but we need you to be in New York Thursday morning and you are going to be very happy with why.’ ”

“The whole experience was completely surreal,” an exhausted Ms. Le said Friday. “I kind of floated through it.”

Fun fact: They watched the show on their phones Friday morning because the hotel the show put them up in did not get Comedy Central.

The couple didn’t want to answer questions about whether they were legally married by Mr. Colbert. The couple is to be married on Saturday, as planned, though not at the Jefferson Memorial as the government remains closed.

JDSN

Banned
Is the hostage guy an actor? His delivery of everything he said was amazing, reminded me of Gary Cole.

Edit: I cant stand listening to Malala Yousafzai for more than 5 minutes without getting shivers, seeing a young person speak like that is humbling.

As a teacher that Malala interview was amazing. I wish more young people viewed education the same way she did. But, as she said "We don't learn the importance of anything until it;s snatched from our hands."

I lost my shit completely at the Jason Jones bit. So fucking good.

Jason Jones in-particular has been on a roll lately, but I really appreciate how they're not even entertaining the GOP talking points on the shutdown with their usual schtick. It's come to just calling these people out to their faces.

By today you mean last week?

Doh, well yeah last week.

I feel like Aasif must've been keeping that zinger for a while and could be used for many occasions:
"Are you sure the problem is really [insert demonised group]? Because it might be reactionary fear-based rhetoric and the inability to come up with middle of the road solutions for complex problems."

Nopren

Does anyone know how to get the colbert report video where he dances to "Get Lucky". I can't find anywhere to see it, besides watching camera footage of someone filming their tv.

Tamanon

Banned
I think my favorite part of that segment was how he mentioned white people as "it could hurt white people", but then for black people he said "it could also hurt the lazy blacks who want the government to give them everything".

The man's a good ol' fashioned racist.

Top Bottom