• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

Silkworm

Man, Jon's really compensating for his shitty NY Pizza.

Colorado Style Pizza is the best though.

We make Mountain Pies!
http://guide.denverpost.com/media/photos/full/beau_jos_600x600.JPG

California style is shit. Something we can all agree with.

What exactly makes a "Colorado Style Pizza"? I tried to some basic searching but it seemed like it was more associated with a particular restaurant, Beau Jo's. It sounds like its distinguishing characteristics is that it has a bigger crust (one person associated the crust as equivalent in taste and size to a loaf of challah) and that you basically eat the pizza and then when you get to the large crust you can drizzle/dip it with honey as a sort of a dessert. Also the pizza itself sounds to be pretty big. Is any of this accurate?

Keasar

Swedish Kebab Pizza for the win.
pizza4.jpg
And that is still a damn pie, not a pizza.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Never tried any of these pizzas (since I'm not from the USA), but Chicago style pizza at least looks delicious, NY pizza looks like cardboard.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
What exactly makes a "Colorado Style Pizza"? I tried to some basic searching but it seemed like it was more associated with a particular restaurant, Beau Jo's. It sounds like its distinguishing characteristics is that it has a bigger crust (one person associated the crust as equivalent in taste and size to a loaf of challah) and that you basically eat the pizza and then when you get to the large crust you can drizzle/dip it with honey as a sort of a dessert. Also the pizza itself sounds to be pretty big. Is any of this accurate?

Pretty much the jist of it.

Ok, I'm watching the Trey Radel segment, and I can't ignore the laughter of this one person.

Also, I want New York AND Chicago pizza now.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I shouldn't have liked that J. Law interview more than I did... I really really liked it.

Keasar

Stuart Varney is a true piece of shit.

I love how these people at one hand go "You should totally follow the words of the Holy book and the Pope without question!" but the moment it starts speaking against their personal life they immediately go "Well, it depends on how you interpret the text." and to the new Pope:
1fj82.gif

What's been going on with Jon's hair? I know he's losing it but ever since he's been back it's been distracting. Tonight's in particular was bad. Looked like he was wearing a wig.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So long John Oliver, you brought many of the show's greatest bits. I'll enjoy your new show on HBO and any possible cameos on Community.

Here's hoping that we get a new correspondent soon. Last one was Jessica Williams, who has proven she's pretty good.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Waaa Oliver is leaving. :(

Wish him all the best but sucks to see him leave.

Head TDS writer Carvell is leaving too. yikes.

Keasar

Wow, that was one of the most heartfelt goodbyes I have seen yet on The Daily Show, I couldn't take seeing John Oliver cry. :(

Edit: A worthy choice of Moment of Zen, gonna miss you John.

Yep, he said it was a surprise on The Bugle podcast. Impressive that they must have written and rehearsed a whole bit just to keep it hidden from John.

Saw the opening segment yesterday, are some news reporters in America really saying because it was soo cold over the weekend that clearly Global Warming isn't real. That really made my jaw drop at their stupidity.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Saw the opening segment yesterday, are some news reporters in America really saying because it was soo cold over the weekend that clearly Global Warming isn't real. That really made my jaw drop at their stupidity.

They just seem to use any excuse to get their agenda across. It's not like this an opinion they derived just now.

gabbo

They say it every winter, as if global warming would only cause one extreme weather type.

Top Bottom