• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
...That was... ... The interviewees aren't usually that willing to dig their own hole on camera. Good on Aasif

I showed that to a friend and she was speechless. Aasif gave him an out and he just kept digging.

"You're not racist..."

"Well...."

I lost my shit there.

The good news is that guy was forced to resign within 24 hours lol

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/10/24/3308737/nc-voting-law-target-of-daily.html

I like how he's complaining that it's the editing that made him look bad.

lmao @ Enrique Trouble, SVU just doesn't give a shit anymore.

They haven't given a shit since Christopher Meloni left, it's got to be the easiest writing job in the world.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So, news channels see a comedy show making fun of Democrats, and assume they have "turned" on them. They don't seem to realize that comedy is open-opportunity, and can (and will) make fun of anyone they see fit. Whether they lean left or right, they will make fun of both sides.

This also applies to SNL since one of those corespondents mentioned them. Still, if news channels see a subject getting laughed at as a reason to quit... then FOX News should have disappeared YEARS ago.

So, news channels see a comedy show making fun of Democrats, and assume they have "turned" on them. They don't seem to realize that comedy is open-opportunity, and can (and will) make fun of anyone they see fit. Whether they lean left or right, they will make fun of both sides.

This also applies to SNL since one of those corespondents mentioned them. Still, if news channels see a subject getting laughed at as a reason to quit... then FOX News should have disappeared YEARS ago.

News channels just think that Jon Stewart is nothing more than an Obama cheerleader when he's not even close to being that.

I couldn't believe that a dude from Virginia could actually have "cooch" in their name, but looked it up and Ken Cuccinelli is his real name! Bahaha

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Wow, that piece on John Morse last night was incredibly misleading. Rather than interview people in Colorado Springs where his district was, he interviewed people on the 16th Street Mall, 70 miles away in downtown Denver.

Yes, people in Denver don't agree with people in Colorado Springs. People in Denver also aren't allowed to vote in the recall election because it's not their district. No wonder it took him a while to find someone there from Colorado Springs.

Lot of respect for this show lost after that. For going after Fox and other cable news channels for misleading stories all the time, I find out the Daily Show does the same thing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wow, that piece on John Morse last night was incredibly misleading. Rather than interview people in Colorado Springs where his district was, he interviewed people on the 16th Street Mall, 70 miles away in downtown Denver.

Yes, people in Denver don't agree with people in Colorado Springs. People in Denver also aren't allowed to vote in the recall election because it's not their district. No wonder it took him a while to find someone there from Colorado Springs.

Lot of respect for this show lost after that. For going after Fox and other cable news channels for misleading stories all the time, I find out the Daily Show does the same thing.

They got the facts right about the percent of people that did vote in the recall, hardly anyone did if I remember right. I'd hardly put them on the same level as FOX.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Even more credit for the show lost. John thinks that antenna on top of their building counts, and the dumb ass is disrespecting deep dish Pizza. Not as bad as Jason Jones bullshit piece, but still bad.

They got the facts right about the percent of people that did vote in the recall, hardly anyone did if I remember right. I'd hardly put them on the same level as FOX.

Still, they interview people who are in a city with a vastly different constituency than the people who live in the district where this guy was recalled. It's not much different than John's piece last night about Fox getting Doctors who just spout the line they want them to.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Even more credit for the show lost. John thinks that antenna on top of their building counts, and the dumb ass is disrespecting deep dish Pizza. Not as bad as Jason Jones bullshit piece, but still bad.

he's totally right on the "pizza"

one hundred percent

BatDan

You're wrong Stewart! Wrooong! Deep Dish is real pizza! You have an issue with Chicago? Come over here and say it!
And let me guess, you're one of those people that puts mustard on hot dogs!

And I hate Chicago, but I have to give them credit for great Pizza.

Hey now...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You're wrong Stewart! Wrooong! Deep Dish is real pizza! You have an issue with Chicago? Come over here and say it!
And let me guess, you're one of those people that puts mustard on hot dogs!

Hey now...

Your asshat ex-mayor destroyed an airport in the middle of the night, and I blame him for the downfall of MS Flight Simulator because that was an awesome default airport.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Everyone knows the best pizza is NYC pizza, it's goddamn science. That Chicago pizza isn't even really pizza, it's some kind of disgusting Frankenstein monster.

Keasar

As an outsider to America, who just saw what a Deep Dish Pizza looks like...

...that's a pie. I am gonna go with Stewart on this, that is not a pizza.

Tacitus_

Still, they interview people who are in a city with a vastly different constituency than the people who live in the district where this guy was recalled. It's not much different than John's piece last night about Fox getting Doctors who just spout the line they want them to.

Is the previous show on the channel still about puppets making prank calls? I only watch it on their website.

BatDan

Everyone knows the best pizza is NYC pizza, it's goddamn science. That Chicago pizza isn't even really pizza, it's some kind of disgusting Frankenstein monster.

Come on son!
Let's just say that both pizzas are good and call it a day.

Is the previous show on the channel still about puppets making prank calls? I only watch it on their website.

Yes, The Daily Show is still on Comedy Central.
Crank Yankers on the other hand hasn't been on in years. It was cancelled in 2005, but then MTV2 picked it up in 2007 for a few more episodes, but now it's gone for good.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Man, Jon's really compensating for his shitty NY Pizza.

Colorado Style Pizza is the best though.

We make Mountain Pies!
beau_jos_600x600.JPG

California style is shit. Something we can all agree with.

BatDan

The pizza wars are over... for now.

But yeah, California pizza is crap. I don't think we'll be seeing much outrage over that.

Top Bottom