• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

Silkworm

Rachael Price from Lake Street Dive. Oh my.

Also liked how Colbert's mid-guest was someone whose views didn't completely align with the views of the show.

Just saw this episodes (really like her voice). I kind of get an Alabama Shakes vibe from their performance, which is a good thing. As it turns out Lake Street Dive has their entire album up to listen to at http://www.colbertnation.com/lake-street-dive

Really enjoying it so far :)

Dr.Acula

Banned
My word, Jones with Gorbachev was amazing. I didn't know he was still alive!

"I'll put you against the wall." That would have made me shit my pants rofl

Ty Burrell is lobbying hard for Superman.

Silkworm

Just for future reference if anyone gets confused:

Gorbachev on the left, Yetlsin on the right :)

6a00d8341c565553ef015434aea281970c-pi

Admittedly this photo was taken some years back (probably sometime in the early 90s?), but I doubt they've changes their appearance drastically besides getting older.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What is The Daily Show's budget?
I know they do a lot of stuff cheaply, like their many green screen segments, but if they're able to send Jason Jones to Russia then I really have to wonder how much goes into it.

Silkworm

What is The Daily Show's budget?
I know they do a lot of stuff cheaply, like their many green screen segments, but if they're able to send Jason Jones to Russia then I really have to wonder how much goes into it.

Not sure about the budget , but Jason Jones has reported from Iran as well. They don't do it all the time, but they'll send their "news correspondents" to various places around the world from time to time. Oh, and John Oliver did a multi-part segment in Australia about gun control not too long ago.

Oh, God, the Jason Jones in Russia bits are so good. Russia as a haven for American citizen conservative beliefs is fantastic.

Colbert's Buddy Cole segments on the other hand, are neither funny nor enlightening.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The Buddy Cole thing was funny the first night. Now it is just a rehash of the same "lol, look how gay I am" stereotype joke.

Keasar

Oh man, that McCain impression caught me completely unaware, my colleague even knew what I was laughing at "The McCain bit right? :D". So good.

Top Bottom