• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

Socreges

Banned
Dang missed the entire first half of the show. How was the new guy?
He uh... may have killed it. I haven't laughed at a correspondent that much in a while, though it was tailored toward a new person. We'll see if he can do that well regularly.

It's weird. I expected to hate him the moment I saw that he was new, but he was perfect for the piece.

explodet

I got a bit of an Ed Helms vibe from him - at least for the first couple of seconds, until he went to the "new guy" schtick - which was admittedly pretty damn funny.

It's fairly ingenious, actually - if you're gonna screw up on your first day, might as well screw up big time and on purpose.

EDIT:
Patrick Stewart's show is over in a few weeks and he'll probably go back to England...

Almost everything Patrick Stewart has done for these guys has been comedy gold.
Holy shit, a fainting couch.

First segment of Daily Show tonight was one of the best in recent memory. It might be because all my co-workers yesterday were basically saying the things the Fox News people were so to hear Stewart say the things he did made so much sense and had me rolling and gasping for air.

The interview on the daily show last night pissed me off something awful. Who is this fucking clown? Spewing bullshit for 20 extra minutes on website. Loved that someone in the audience burst out laughing when he said America had the best healthcare in the world..

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
First segment of Daily Show tonight was one of the best in recent memory. It might be because all my co-workers yesterday were basically saying the things the Fox News people were so to hear Stewart say the things he did made so much sense and had me rolling and gasping for air.

Yep agreed. First time in a long time that I was very close to doing a legit spit take as I was drinking my water. Jon's delivery was spot on.

Milabrega

Who is this fucking clown? .

Former Senator, was considered the most conservative Senator at the time. Now head of the uber conservative "think tank" Heritage Foundation and founder of Heritage Action Super PAC, one of the two super pacs (The other being the SCF) that pushed for that government shutdown last year.

Fucking Fox News supporting Putin. I would have no sympathy for any of those cunts if they all died horribly. Such disgustingly horrible human beings, every one of them.

Aasif did another stellar report. The look on the Fox News pundit when Aasif revealed the horrible conditions in Knoxville was just amazing. To watch these people come to a realization that fucks their entire world view and brings them out of the Fox News Bubble is so satisfying.

gabbo

Aasif did another stellar report. The look on the Fox News pundit when Aasif revealed the horrible conditions in Knoxville was just amazing. To watch these people come to a realization that fucks their entire world view and brings them out of the Fox News Bubble is so satisfying.

It's more like their bullshit caught up with them and they don't know how to talking-point out of the situation.

DietRob

Jason Bateman interview last night was incredible.

Indeed. I'm not jewish so I didn't understand a lot of the context but watching Jon laugh always makes me laugh.

I also enjoyed the first real bit from new correspondent Jordan Keppler

explodet

Ineed. I'm not jewish so I didn't understand a lot of the context but watching Jon laugh always makes me laugh.

I also enjoyed the first real bit from new correspondent Jordan Keppler
He needs to work on his Tony Clifton a little, but it was a good bit.

EDIT: That poor woman Sam Bee was interviewing (err, the first one).

Llhtm64.jpg

from Colbert. i laughed though.

JDSN

Banned
Did Colbert put Fly me to the moon when Ronan Farrow was introduced? Subtle.

I dont meant to be a dick but that Russian news lady obviously did it as a stunt, or did she never figured it out that the network was sponsored by the Kremlin?

explodet

Is the new Daily Show website working for all of you guys?
All I get is a blank rectangle now.

Granted I'm a dirty Canadian, but I don't even get the snarky "Go watch clips on Comedy Network" message.

DietRob

My life feels incomplete when TDS and Colbert are on hiatus. Been watching religiously for far too long I guess.

Why not? He's branching out into his own career, like John Oliver. It's like a child growing up and moving out of his parents house. Heck, the reason why I love Sulu from Star Trek is because he actually got promoted to Captain and got his own ship.

explodet

I guess Mandvi's next in line to be the correspondent to be sent out to all the crazy places like Tehran and Moscow.

He's done Knoxville, he can handle it.

Why not? He's branching out into his own career, like John Oliver. It's like a child growing up and moving out of his parents house. Heck, the reason why I love Sulu from Star Trek is because he actually got promoted to Captain and got his own ship.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/340910/july-07-2010/steve-carell

Steve Carell: At least we're not working for Stewart anymore.
Stephen Colbert: Yeah! That bastard was really holding us back, while he was launching our careers.

'Cos he's the best correspondant by far and the show would be worse off without him.

Of course, it's better for his career, but as a viewer of The Daily Show, I'll be really sad if he leaves, especially to make a shit-sounding NBC sitcom.

gabbo

'Cos he's the best correspondant by far and the show would be worse off without him.

Of course, it's better for his career, but as a viewer of The Daily Show, I'll be really sad if he leaves, especially to make a shit-sounding NBC sitcom.

He'll be back before November.

Last night's was the first Daily Show ep that I only listened to, due to the new website being a piece of shit and not playing the video, only sound. Is it not working right for anyone else? Was still great, though. The CNN plane stuff, fucking hell.

Top Bottom