• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

It's always nice when someone is already on my ignore list and they post something that, when quoted, reminds me that I probably ignored them for a good reason in the first place...

Alright, so I got my drip tip. Once it went on the battery, it's only come off for charging - I love it! Now to get a few more bridgeless atomizers so I'm covered when this one burns out.

vapedudes.com was pretty slow to deliver (ordered Sept 17th and it finally came Oct 1), so I wouldn't recommend relying on them if you're almost out ... but the juice is amazing. I got:

Mocha Java Drizzle: already been covered in this thread, I concur, it's excellent. I've tried three coffee flavors from other vendors and this, while not being strict coffee, is far superior.

Key Lime Pie: I was just expecting lime, really, but there are hints of graham cracker and toasted meringue in here. It's excellent but very desserty, I'm going to keep looking around for a simpler citrus.

Lemonade: Tastes more like a hard lemonade, it's got a slightly malty tinge to it. It almost reminds me of the dry lemonade flavored Kool-Aid packets that we all ate dry when we were kids (right? right? ...)

Dude Cider: like a hard cider. Nice and refreshing and not too complex.

Classic Tobacco: I ordered from them back when I foolishly thought I was going to miss the cigarette taste. It's good I guess, but a little weird, because it's missing all sorts of other stuff that went along with smoking cigarettes (hacking cough, burn, etc). I'll probably pass on the rest of the bottle.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Broseybrose: your bridgeless 510 Cisco atomizers. Is there any wick inside the coil? I removed the bridge on mine but it's gonna be difficult to get the tiny but of wick that the coil is wrapped around. Pissed they sent me 4 atomizers with bridges when I ordered bridgeless. They told me removing them myself would give me the same result.

Yes, there is some wick inside of the coil. All coils have some wick in them, otherwise they don't work.

Those bottom coil CE3s look pretty cool. I'm gonna try a pack. I'm using the regular CE3s at the moment and I find them a bit hit and miss. One will be perfect, while the next one I try tastes all burnt and doesn't wick properly.

I bought one of these a few days ago: -

emVNj.jpg

I'd read mixed reviews, but I wanted something fairly small, with a battery that would last an evening, and that I could switch on and off so that it doesn't activate in my pocket. Basically a "down the pub" e-cig. This fits the bill well IMO and so far it hasn't leaked, which is one of the gripes I'd read.

I've been using one like that. I think it works best if you just have a little juice in the bottom or else the think leaks like crazy.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I finally got a bottle of Gorilla Juice, had to settle for ordering it from a vendor. Apparently the owner of avejuice, Ben, is having some heart trouble and hasn't opened the store in a while.

Double D

I finally got a bottle of Gorilla Juice, had to settle for ordering it from a vendor. Apparently the owner of avejuice, Ben, is having some heart trouble and hasn't opened the store in a while.

I hear a lot about this Gorilla Juice. What's it taste like? And can you point me in the right direction so I can order some?

DietRob

I hear a lot about this Gorilla Juice. What's it taste like? And can you point me in the right direction so I can order some?

It's honestly hard to explain but I'll try my best.

It is a tobacco base, kinda tastes like a Turkish blend tobacco. It has notes of banana, maybe a touch of vanilla, and I taste coconut also.

It's a pretty complex juice that produces tons of vapor. Give it a shot. I got mine from the re-seller http://www.smoktek.com/

Zeth

Gorilla juice is fantastic. Boba's Bounty shares the same flavor base I believe. GJ has notes of creamy banana but it's fairly subtle. I wouldn't consider it a banana-flavored juice, so don't let that turn you off.

DietRob

Gorilla juice is fantastic. Boba's Bounty shares the same flavor base I believe. GJ has notes of creamy banana but it's fairly subtle. I wouldn't consider it a banana-flavored juice, so don't let that turn you off.

For some reason I get kinda a 'soapy' taste from Boba's that I don't like, that's why I stick with GJ

Got 2 juices from JuicyVapor today, Ecto Plasma and Angry Bird. Ecto Plasma tastes exactly like the tubes of sherbet I used to have as a kid. The lime flavoured one. I believe they're called Pixy Stix in America. I've had juices before that people have said "Tastes exactly like" and I've thought "Hmmm... kinda" but this does taste exactly like that.

Angry Bird is a creamy strawberry/blueberry flavour and it's lovely. One of the better fruit juices I've had.

I also got a juice from Alice In Vapeland (another US juice, via a UK vendor) - Cupcake City. To me it tastes like cake batter rather than the cake itself, which is fine by me because I prefer to lick the spoon than the resulting cake anyway :p

Broseybrose

Ok, so Im vaping my Phoenix Clearomizers now, the bottom coil ones.

phoenix_2.png

They are amazing! Or at least the two of five that im using are.

Im using it on my KGO batts because i was getting a slightly burnt taste at 4.0V with my eGo Twists. But that was literally the first puff i took and was probably just the clearo breaking in.

But speaking as a Cisco atty dripper, this is as good as any throat hit, draw, vapor production, OR FLAVOR ive ever had! The biggest reason i drip is for the flavor plus the convenience of changing flavors. But these things do not mute the flavor of my BWB Malty Toffee at all.

Also, NO leaks. And i mean NO LEAKING AT ALL. I partly attribute that to the fact that the GotVapes Phoenix Clearomizers 5pc comes with the correct filling syringe and 2 tips.

Ill be back in a few days with more impressions. As for now... A+

Have you tried the Vision V2 clearomizers?

I have tried two and I think the Phoenix/Ce3's are far superior. Better taste and a less tight draw and of my 2 Visions, one produced a diluted watery taste. Of my 10 CE3's (you get 5 in a pack), only one has been problematic and it was problematic after 2 weeks of use.

And when people say no leaks, they mean it. You could literally throw it down the stairs and it'd still probably be dry as a bone. It's sealed tightly at both ends in a vaccuum that can only be penetrated by a syringe. My one problematic one leaked after two weeks, but it was one of those juices that cracks tanks so I don't know if that had something to do with it.

Broseybrose

Exactly what Inaudible said.

Still waiting to try this sweet $10 Bottom Coil eGo Tank that i ordered, too. Cant see how it could be better honestly. Hopefully it performs the same as the clearomizers, considering same core design elements in both products.

2mlphoenixtank_1.png

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Woo! Alien Visions is up again! Grabbed a 100ml of Boba's Bounty and a 30 ml of Blend 4 :D

With everything being said about the Gorilla Juice, I'm going to have to find some when it pops up! Or maybe try one of the resellers.

DietRob

With everything being said about the Gorilla Juice, I'm going to have to find some when it pops up! Or maybe try one of the resellers.

Yea, I got an order in too. Had to 'settle' for Boba's instead of my normal Gorilla Juice.

Boba's is great too though so I'm good, just like Gorilla Juice better.

Izayoi

Banned
First time I've ever "smoked" was today, on one of these things. I vaped tobacco once long ago before this, and I did not like it. However, these don't make me want to puke like normal cigarette/tobacco smoke, and don't make my mouth taste like shit. I was pleasantly surprised, and the nicotine high works very well with a THC high. It seems that for the most part they are pretty cancer free, so I might end up starting.

Broseybrose

First time I've ever "smoked" was today, on one of these things. I vaped tobacco once long ago before this, and I did not like it. However, these don't make me want to puke like normal cigarette/tobacco smoke, and don't make my mouth taste like shit. I was pleasantly surprised, and the nicotine high works very well with a THC high. It seems that for the most part they are pretty cancer free, so I might end up starting.

Well its vaping... tobacco and combustion free... so its a whole lot better than taking up cigarettes.

Now that ive had these new revised bottom coil clearos for a week i say theyre the best way to vape. A dripper has converted.

Izayoi

Banned
Well its vaping... tobacco and combustion free... so its a whole lot better than taking up cigarettes.
I'm getting mixed signals about whether or not it's actually carcinogenic. The videos in the OP state that it clearly isn't, as do several web sites and studies that I've researched on my own, but then Wikipedia (and its linked studies) says that it promotes cancer growth in several different ways. Who to believe?

I'm getting mixed signals about whether or not it's actually carcinogenic. The videos in the OP state that it clearly isn't, as do several web sites and studies that I've researched on my own, but then Wikipedia (and its linked studies) says that it promotes cancer growth in several different ways. Who to believe?

A quick glance at the Wiki article and the main point I can see about cancer was from a study of two vendors juices in 2009 containing impurities. E-Juice's have evolved massively from the days when it was all mass imported from China. I'd imagine most of the major vendors have regulations now and take pride in the quality of their juices and a lot of them specifically sell organic and 100% natural e-liquids.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

Anyone who says that e-cigs are 100% risk-free are either ill-informed or lying to sell their product, and anyone who says that e-cigs are 100% super-bad for you, beyond the already-proven effects of the nicotine itself, are likewise full of shit. There's not enough conclusive, scientific information out there. E-cigs simply haven't been studied enough.

But considering the hundreds of chemicals present in regular cigarettes that are proven to be terrible for you, compared to the relatively few things present in nitocine liquid (propylene glycol, nicotine, and flavorings), it seems pretty unlikely that e-cigs are anywhere near as bad for you as regular cigarettes are. When I told my doctor that I was using an e-cig, he just shrugged his shoulders and said "I'd much rather you puff on one of those than actual cigarettes." At the same time, it seems foolish to assume that e-cigs are completely safe.

Either way, I don't know why you would want to start using them if you don't already smoke. Regarldess of how healthy or not healthy e-cigs are, nicotine is still a super-addictive substance and being handcuffed to something like that is a bad thing no matter how you dress it up.

DietRob

Anyone who says that e-cigs are 100% risk-free are either ill-informed or lying to sell their product, and anyone who says that e-cigs are 100% super-bad for you, beyond the already-proven effects of the nicotine itself, are likewise full of shit. No conclusive, scientific information exists. E-cigs simply haven't been studied enough.

But considering the hundreds of chemicals present in regular cigarettes that are proven to be terrible for you, compared to the relatively few things present in nitocine liquid (propylene glycol, nicotine, and flavorings), it seems pretty unlikely that e-cigs are anywhere near as bad for you as regular cigarettes are. At the same time, it seems foolish to assume that e-cigs are completely safe.

Either way, I don't know why you would want to start using them if you don't already smoke. Regarldess of how healthy or not healthy e-cigs are, nicotine is still a super-addictive substance and being handcuffed to something like that is a bad thing no matter how you dress it up.

I agree with this post and so does my doctor. He told me something along the lines of it's much less bad for you than smoking regular cigarettes with all the additives and burning carcinogens but I can't tell you that it's completely safe, just better.

Additionally if you aren't already addicted to nicotine stay the fuck away. Or get juices that don't have any nicotine content. Better option is just staying the fuck away.

Either way, I don't know why you would want to start using them if you don't already smoke.

For me it was because I always liked smoking, and I'd smoke my friends cigs on the weekend when they offered me one, but I never bought myself any cigarettes or got addicted due to the health effects and addiction. So an E-Cig seemed like the perfect way to start given that I smoke nicotine-free juices and the health risks are at a point where I'm comfortable to take the risk (I understand that there haven't been enough studies to say anything for sure, but we know they don't clog up lungs with tar, that they don't contain hundreds of bad chemicals and they don't effect the heart anywhere near as much, if at all).

Still, I've been asked by numerous people "Why did you buy one? You don't smoke" and I always find the question bizarre. At some point every smoker chooses to start smoking. I just decided to start when a healthier, tastier alternative came about. That seems to really puzzle people.

Plus given that I'm in no way addicted, I treat it like I do a snack and have maybe 1 session a day but I mostly vape when I'm drinking on weekends. It's actually replaced my snacks and I'm losing weight as a result.

daw840

For me it was because I always liked smoking, and I'd smoke my friends cigs on the weekend when they offered me one, but I never bought myself any cigarettes or got addicted due to the health effects and addiction. So an E-Cig seemed like the perfect way to start given that I smoke nicotine-free juices and the health risks are at a point where I'm comfortable to take the risk (I understand that there haven't been enough studies to say anything for sure, but we know they don't clog up lungs with tar, that they don't contain hundreds of bad chemicals and they don't effect the heart anywhere near as much, if at all).

Still, I've been asked by numerous people "Why did you buy one? You don't smoke" and I always find the question bizarre. At some point every smoker chooses to start smoking. I just decided to start when a healthier, tastier alternative came about. That seems to really puzzle people.

Plus given that I'm in no way addicted, I treat it like I do a snack and have maybe 1 session a day but I mostly vape when I'm drinking on weekends. It's actually replaced my snacks and I'm losing weight as a result.
I never thought of it as a way to replace snacks. That's a really good point.

Phreaker

Never noticed this thread. I've been vaping, using an e-cig, for two years this December. I started with a 510, went to eGo (which I still use at times), but the last six months or so I've been using a ProVari. I use cartomizers mainly, Boge 2.0ohms. My main vape is Johnson Creek's Tennessee Cured (Red Oak line, no PG) and I really enjoy it.

It doesn't matter what others say. I know after two years this is way better for me than smoking. In the past I had quit, cold turkey, for over a year, but started smoking again - I don't even remember why. I decided to try e-cigs and never really had much of an issue not smoking after that. I'd like to get off the e-cigs too at some point, for for now I'm quite content. There are times when I can't vape and I'll use Stonewalls or Ariva for my nicotine fix.

Nicotine is not that bad for you and there are some reports that it may actually be beneficial, so I'm not too worried about the nicotine.

E-cigs are on fire right now in Italy, don't know why there is such a massive push for them in the last few weeks. I've seen a lot of specialized shops open just in my city, and suddenly lots of people vaping at the movies.

I might jump ship too.

Izayoi

Banned
I like the high. Why does anyone start using any kind of drug?

Additionally if you aren't already addicted to nicotine stay the fuck away. Or get juices that don't have any nicotine content. Better option is just staying the fuck away.
Is it really that bad?

I only vape when I vape the other popular green substance as well, which is no more than a few times a week. I'm also using a really weak juice, something like 5mg, so I'm honestly not too terribly worried about the addiction.

daw840

According to the UCLA doc in the video posted in the OP it's no worse than a caffeine addiction if you can remove all of the harmful othe things with smoke.

DietRob

Is it really that bad?

I'm overreacting I'm sure. I am treating you like I would any other non smoker I see reaching for a regular cig or an ecig.

If your not already a smoker please just promise me you won't get any juices that contain nicotine and we're cool.

If your not already a smoker please just promise me you won't get any juices that contain nicotine and we're cool.

I promise :p Nicotine doesn't have a taste, does it? So if I'm not already addicted there doesn't seem to be any advantage to me buying a juice containing nicotine. I know some people, I guess established smokers, crave the harsher throat hit but it's more about the flavour/relaxing for me. I don't even vape tobacco flavoured juices.

Phreaker

I promise :p Nicotine doesn't have a taste, does it?

It's a bit peppery. I vape flavorless juice sometimes that only has nic and right, it adds a throat hit.

These are really more of an offramp, not an onramp to smoking. I would not encourage anyone to vape if they are not trying to quit smoking.

It's a bit peppery. I vape flavorless juice sometimes that only has nic and right, it adds a throat hit.

I have a sweet tooth so I mostly vape sweet/dessert/fruit juices and some minty stuff so the flavour/hit of nicotine doesn't really appeal to me all that much. Plus a bit of menthol and emulate a hit to the throat quite well if I want something like that.

Izayoi

Banned
Well, there's not really a point with no nicotine, right? Unless there's something I'm missing, that's what causes the high (aside from mild hyperventilation). I guess I'll try the no-nicotine juices. Haven't done it since the first time I posted in the thread, and I don't actually own an e-cig, just used my brother's when he was over the other day.

You stop getting the high pretty quickly after you start smoking on a regular basis. Like, really quickly.
Well that's unfortunate. I'll probably end up just sticking with weed if that's the case.

Formosa

Still looking for good boges... Been searching for 3 months and still no luck, hopefully this shipment from another vendor will make me happy.

Izayoi

Banned
Like I said, for me it's just relaxing. Plus there is an insane range of flavours. I can be vaping mint choc chip icecream one day and a strawberry doughnut the next.
I wonder if they'll make these things for THC when it's legal here come fall. That'd be pretty cool.

Formosa

I just got my order in, that was fast. Ordered late Friday night and it's here today. You guys should definitely try this out. It's fucking amazing. Everything in this pic was less than $20. You can make an unlimited amount of custom creations.

IMAG0034-1.jpg

I've always loved ECB until last week due to un-consistence thickness of the juice... Been shopping with them for more than an year, but I read from a lot of reviews that their liquids has very little flavor compare to other vendors.

P.S. Get their Dragon's Blood flavor... It's my favorite from ECB.

DietRob

So ive been using the Phoenix Bottom Coil EGO Tank (along with the Phoenix Bottom Coil Clearomizers) on my 1000mah EGO VV Twists daily with my and i like it a lot. A whole lot. Enough to not miss dripping at all. The tank is on par with the clearos in every department. This is a new way to vape for me. So much more convenient and never a leak! I mean, these things stay totally dry, always.

You keep pimping these and one of these days I'm going to bite. I'm always just so disappointed because I'm a dripper. I feel like none of the tanks or cartos I've tried have given me even close to what I get from dripping.

What makes these different? Is it the bottom coil? Honestly, I'm not even sure what that means.

Broseybrose

You keep pimping these and one of these days I'm going to bite. I'm always just so disappointed because I'm a dripper. I feel like none of the tanks or cartos I've tried have given me even close to what I get from dripping.

What makes these different? Is it the bottom coil? Honestly, I'm not even sure what that means.

Yes the coil is situated at the bottom and that makes a big difference as far as keeping your coil soaked with juice all the way till its empty. Also its fillerless and that helps keep the flavor from getting muted.

Ive tried the eGo Vision clearos and they didnt produce the flavor or vapor output that these Phoenix devices do.

As someone who's been dripping for over 3 years, my final thought is that these Phoenix devices have been very recently revised. And I do believe that with this new revision, the Phoenix bottom coil clearomizers and eGo Tank clearomizer are just as much a revolution in vaping as Variable Voltage eGo-style batteries (for me at least). Because it is the first carto/clearo ive ever tried that gives as much vapor and flavor as dripping. So you get an experience as good as dripping with the convenience of cartos. Its a new way to vape.

Because these clearos are so revolutionary in my mind, im going to use their introduction to the market as a reason to prompt my parents to get back into vaping. They always used cartos when they did vape, for the convenience, so these clearos should be perfect for them. And hopefully enough for them to drop their cigs.

Top Bottom