• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

TimeLike

One year analog free. Been using V2 Cigs batteries and prefilled cartos since last October. Love them and can't live without em.

It's so nice being able to smoke at work. I manage a warehouse and always have a cig in my hand no matter where I walk or which department I'm checking in on.

I got publicly reprimanded for the first time a few weeks ago. I was at a wedding reception in the Cincinnati Reds baseball stadium, and a radio wearing staff member came to our table and said there's no smoking allowed. I showed her what it was and she said ok and walked away.

Broseybrose

One year analog free. Been using V2 Cigs batteries and prefilled cartos since last October. Love them and can't live without em.

It's so nice being able to smoke at work. I manage a warehouse and always have a cig in my hand no matter where I walk or which department I'm checking in on.

I got publicly reprimanded for the first time a few weeks ago. I was at a wedding reception in the Cincinnati Reds baseball stadium, and a radio wearing staff member came to our table and said there's no smoking allowed. I showed her what it was and she said ok and walked away.

That's what they always do. Anyone who has ever questioned me about it in my three years vaping. I find theyre mostly curious, seeing something theyve never seen before. I vape on airplanes, motherfucker!.

Congrats on being free!

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Should be getting some more clearomizers today. Didn't understand how to properly prime the first one and I was vaping some nasty burnt wick.

Trying it again because my Boba's Bounty juice is clogging up my regular atty's something nasty. I went through 2 in 5 days. Trying to clean them, but holy hell was there a lot of muck on the coils.

Evenflow

So I went to order the starter kit listed in the OP, it's sold out(exept for pink...), but there is a V2 of it for a few bucks more at the website: https://www.hoosierecig.com/V2-KGO-Kit-1100mAh_p_367.html. The thing is I didn't want to mess with juice or anything, they sell pre-filled cartridges for $.40 each at that site and I was just gonna load up on those, but I can't tell if they will work with this newer version? It seems like it is made for people that want to fill up themselves? Any help would be much appreciated! I've been smoking disposable e-cigs and an Njoy starter kit that I got from 7-11 the last few weeks, but would like something of better quality! Thanks!

TheExodu5

Banned
Actually, I think starter kits may not be a good idea for me.

I'm looking at e-cigs to replace a hookah, for both convenience and health reasons. I don't really have any attachments to nicotine, and I'm in Canada, so I'm going nicotineless. Also, since I won't be vaping that much, I don't necessarily need multiple batteries.

That being said, since I do smoke shisha, I am looking for lots of smoke if possible...it seems the Ego-C (at least the ego-c atomizer) may not be suitable for that.

I'm having trouble finding out what I need to buy.

daw840

Actually, I think starter kits may not be a good idea for me.

I'm looking at e-cigs to replace a hookah, for both convenience and health reasons. I don't really have any attachments to nicotine, and I'm in Canada, so I'm going nicotineless. Also, since I won't be vaping that much, I don't necessarily need multiple batteries.

That being said, since I do smoke shisha, I am looking for lots of smoke if possible...it seems the Ego-C (at least the ego-c atomizer) may not be suitable for that.

I'm having trouble finding out what I need to buy.

You would do well with a mod and a drip tip. It's a bit expensive but with the variable voltage and good drip tip you would blow out giant plumes of vapor!

Check this out.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Lambo_4_0_w_Resistance_Checker_s/92.htm

Or....if you really want to to all out get the ProVari!

http://www.provape.com/ProVari-Variable-Voltage-V2-p/provari.htm

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I had to order blend 4 from alien visions because gorilla juice has been out of stock forever.

anyone know of some resellers where I can get a big bottle of either gorilla juice or Boba's?

TheExodu5

Banned
You would do well with a mod and a drip tip. It's a bit expensive but with the variable voltage and good drip tip you would blow out giant plumes of vapor!

Check this out.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Lambo_4_0_w_Resistance_Checker_s/92.htm

Or....if you really want to to all out get the ProVari!

http://www.provape.com/ProVari-Variable-Voltage-V2-p/provari.htm

Looking into drip tips...seems like the issue is that I would have to refill after every 4-5 hits. That might get tiring.

Maybe I should look into getting a tank? Ideally, I'd like to be able to go 30-60 minutes without having to worry about refills.

Broseybrose

Looking into drip tips...seems like the issue is that I would have to refill after every 4-5 hits. That might get tiring.

Maybe I should look into getting a tank? Ideally, I'd like to be able to go 30-60 minutes without having to worry about refills.

What youre referring to is dripping and is imo the best way to vape with atomizers.

Try these - http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=148_162&products_id=741

They last hours and are a really great vape.

Gotvapes happens to be sold out at the moment but you can find these elsewhere on the internet. Search "Phoenix Bottom Coil Clearo".

And drip tips are just mouthpieces. You would use one on those clearos. You use one on EVERYTHING because cartridges suck.

i'd like to switch to e-cigs as well but i can't understand a bloody word in this thread. it's like you're all speaking in a different language.

i just want an e-cig that looks and feels like a normal fag, not making me look like i'm inhaling through a god damn fountain pen.

any ideas? i heard skycig were good?

i'd like to switch to e-cigs as well but i can't understand a bloody word in this thread. it's like you're all speaking in a different language.

i just want an e-cig that looks and feels like a normal fag, not making me look like i'm inhaling through a god damn fountain pen.

Having had a look at the Skycig site, it looks like one of those cheap e-cigs that are bundled at high prices. Most vapers would advise against those rip offs and recommend an Ego style battery, but if you're adamant that you want something small then this should do the trick. It's got a standard 510 connection so it will work with most common atomizers and cartomizers (those are the things that screw onto the battery to convert the liquid into vapour).

One of the reasons people will recommend the Ego is because those small batteries won't last very long so it's best to buy a second one at least (that site sells the batteries standalone for £7.95). Then all you'll need is some juice (the cheap crap that would come with the overpriced bundles won't be good) and maybe some more Boge Cartomizers.

TheExodu5

Banned
You know what? I'm just going to start out cheap, and buy once I try it out.

From Happy Vaper, I'll be ordering:

eGO USB Passthrough Kit ($29.99)
SmokTech 510 XXXL Clearomizer ($3.99) - just to try a LR cartomizer
PV 5x3ml samples $(14.99)

$48.97

Shouldn't be too bad to start out with. I'll buy different atomizer/tank/battery setups down the road.

In the end, I'd love to have something like in this guy's setup:
baditude-albums-pictures-my-setup-picture142044-family3.jpg

totowhoa

Banned
I just jumped in on this as well... just bought my first e-cigarette. I intend to use these to kick my addiction to nicotine first and foremost, but I imagine I'll continue smoking them (particularly when I drink). I just bought an Oakley eGo-T 650 mah Starter Kit. Black color, low resistance, tobacco flavor (I'll get experimental later, and probably starting with clove), and 6mg nicotine. I've gone cold turkey before (only to eventually start again), so hopefully dropping down to 6mg will be pretty easy, and then I can drop to zero for my next purchase. Grand total: $75, and pretty reasonable if I'm truly getting a carton of smokes out of a 10ml jar.

I ordered from OKC Vapes. I had never heard of them before, but I live in OKC. It's only about a twenty-five or thirty minute drive from where I'm at as well. I went ahead and just had them ship it since I've still got a couple packs of cigarettes here anyway. It's nice to know that I apparently have a decent e-cig store not too far away :D It'll be nice to have those guys to talk to once I get a handle on the hobby.

DietRob

ibwhbHO3YOkQWC.jpg

i REALLY REALLY miss Gorilla Juice and Boba's. Just a little something to tide me over until they can finally restock.

DietRob

Blend 4 is my personal AVEjuice favorite.

Mix it 50/50 with Havana Gold and youve got a really special treat!

Damn wish you would of told me that before. LOL. I'll have to get a sampler of Havana next time I re-up.

This Blend 4 is one of the better RY4 type juices I've tasted. AveJuice quality is second to none. I've never had a dud.

TheExodu5

Banned
The site I ordered from seems to offer VG, PG, and a bunch of different flavorings so you can create your own juice...that could be interesting.

Anyways, I've started out with the cheap Ego passthrough kit, and I think I'll be ordering a Vivi Nova shortly. Down the road, I can see myself picking up a Provari, and maaaayyybe a Z Atty Pro even farther down the road.

Think I can do a slow, sustained lung hit with the Vivi Nova?

Hoping someone can help me out with this.

I picked up some of these clearomisers: http://www.vapingthings.com/CE3_XL_...AROMISERS,_4_RES_LEVELS/p1311952_7225750.aspx

They came with a blunt needle syringe that I used to fill (upside down, so you are squirting vertically upwards). I think I pushed about 1ml in before it started leaking. Is 1ml about all they are supposed to take? I may be naive but I expected to see the fluid I was injecting filling the clear body, but I don't see that at all - it appears to have all gone into the silver chamber running through the middle.

EDIT: I fixed it - there was a really tiny second hole in the edge of the rubber bottom to push the syringe needle through. Chamber is filled now!

I quite like the look of a PCC - does anyone know where I can find something like this?

448px-Electronic_Cigarette_UK_PCC_a.jpg

TheExodu5

Banned
Just ordered 2x Vivi Nova 2.5 (figured I'd get two since I need to order internationally...shipping is a flate rate).

Should be getting my Ego today. Anxious to try it out. If all goes well I'll probably look into getting the Provari.

I'm curious to see if I can do a good lung hit with lots of vape with the Vivi Nova...this will go a long way to replacating a hookah. If not, then I'll have to consider something more expensive like the Z Atty Pro, or simply compromise with the Vivi Nova. I'm hoping the Vivi Nova does well because it's really cheap and seems easy to use.

Hoping someone can help me out with this.

I picked up some of these clearomisers: http://www.vapingthings.com/CE3_XL_...AROMISERS,_4_RES_LEVELS/p1311952_7225750.aspx

They came with a blunt needle syringe that I used to fill (upside down, so you are squirting vertically upwards). I think I pushed about 1ml in before it started leaking. Is 1ml about all they are supposed to take? I may be naive but I expected to see the fluid I was injecting filling the clear body, but I don't see that at all - it appears to have all gone into the silver chamber running through the middle.

You squirted 1ml in and it didn't even begin to fill the clear body? Something is definitely wrong there. Maybe the vacuum is broken. I squirt in 1.2ml to fill so 1ml shouldn't be a problem at all. Just to be sure, you're squirting it directly into the "tank" through the rubber seal, right? I've had 10 of these, all of which I've refilled 2-3 times and I haven't had this issue so I'm not sure what to recommend. What kind of juice is it?

I'm curious to see if I can do a good lung hit with lots of vape with the Vivi Nova...this will go a long way to replacating a hookah. If not, then I'll have to consider something more expensive like the Z Atty Pro, or simply compromise with the Vivi Nova. I'm hoping the Vivi Nova does well because it's really cheap and seems easy to use.

I often take long 5+ second draws, but I guess it depends on the juice, the resistance of the atty and the voltage of the device. The longer you fire the atty, the more chance you have of getting a burnt taste but you'll figure out the limits of your devices quickly enough.

Acid08

Banned
I'm gonna have to take a good look through this thread, I need to quit smoking regular cigarettes. Is the feeling of taking a drag anywhere near as satisfying though?

DietRob

I'm gonna have to take a good look through this thread, I need to quit smoking regular cigarettes. Is the feeling of taking a drag anywhere near as satisfying though?

It is to me. The higher the nicotine the more pronounced the 'throat hit'. Also the PG juices tend to have more of a throat hit but less vapor than the VG based juices.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

The tech/design has gotten substantially better in the past couple of years compared to when I started using these things. Before I had to mod my ecig like crazy to get that throat hit. Not now.

Honestly I'm finding a regular cig hit less satisfying now. And I stink after the fact.

mokeyjoe

The trouble is the 'cig-alike' ones are all pretty poor: feeble, inconsisent hit and dreadful battery life. They're just a load of hassle, which is a big turn off when you're trying to quit. To be honest electronic cigarettes never look much and feel like a cigarette anyway so you're better off with something that works well.

Personally I think the pen-sized Egos are the right compromise between size and performance - especially the new mini ones. But if you must go for a cig-sized one at least go for a 510 model which will be compatible with everything if you upgrade.

The performance and technology has moved on a lot in the last couple of years but in the end it's all still hampered by current battery technology, small ecigs just don't perform well enough.

mokeyjoe

It is , and can even hit harder, but you need to change your expectations as to what that means. For instance I smoke regular cigarettes but I find strong menthol flavours much more satisfying than the tobacco flavours.

One thing I've recently found out that you should base the nic strength you use on the strength of cigarettes you smoke not on the amount you smoke. If you smoked, say, Marlboro Reds then you'll need high nic (18 - 24mg) to get the satisfaction - even if you only smoked 5 a day. If you smoked lights then you'll probably be fine with lower nic even if you were on a pack a day.

For maximum hit get a 24mg PG based liquid, and use a decent device - the Ego Twist is a good option. With that set-up cigarettes will seem pretty tame after a couple of days.

Okay so I'm an idiot...

I'd been cold turkey for nearly a week in an attempt to quit smoking. Desperate to deal with the pangs of cravings, I read through this thread and jumped in with both feet (Yes, I should have started more slowly, but I was pretty desperate to get my hands on everything and didn't really think straight).

Long story short - I've tried vaping for 3 days now and it's just not really for me - it just makes my cravings worse. I honestly think I was handling cold turkey better. So I think I'm going to try and dump all my vaping gear. Sadly, eBay don't like you selling it so I'm at a loss for how to dispose of it.

The gear I have is:

Ego Twist 650mAh battery and USB charger

3 x sealed Phoenix Bottom Coil Clearomisers (2.8 - 3.0 ohms)

Boge 510 Cartomizer Stainless Steel 5 pack (2.8 ohms)

E-Liquid (all full and unused)

10ml PG Hotel (Smooth Tobacco) - 14mg
10ml PG Luxury Blend (Mild to Medium bodied tobacco) - 14mg
10ml PG Coffee - 18mg
10ml Blue Cola - 18mg
10ml 70%PG 30%VG Vanilla Custard - 16mg
10ml 70%PG 30%VG Raspberry Dodge - 16mg

I've also got around 5-6ml of Camel Tobacco 18mg

I'd estimate the value of all of this to be around £60. If anyone is interested in everything I listed above, I'd be happy to send it all out within the UK for £35 delivered or in Europe for £45 delivered. PM me if you want it.

Ah that's a shame that it didn't work out. That's a fantastic deal for anyone in the UK looking to start out though. I would recommend selling in the classified section of UKVapers.org if you don't have much luck here but I think you need 100 posts first. It'd get snapped up in an instant there.

Ah that's a shame that it didn't work out. That's a fantastic deal for anyone in the UK looking to start out though. I would recommend selling in the classified section of UKVapers.org if you don't have much luck here but I think you need 100 posts first. It'd get snapped up in an instant there.

Yeah. I feel a bit stupid for grabbing so much stuff at once, but I really intended to spend a good few months with the e cig to help me quit. I just can't avoid the fact that since I started taking hits on the e cig, my cravings have gotten twice as bad, so I think the only way I'm going to realistically quit is by completely depriving myself, manning up and dealing with it :-\

Thanks also for the advice - as you can see from what I'm selling, I went more or less with everything you suggested! I did actually sign up to the UK Vapers forums to sell the kit, but yeah, I had restricted access to the classified section without a mandatory number of posts, and I don't really have anything to post apart from how I wish smoking wasn't expensive and bad for your health :(

Takuan

I made an order from Breathe Fresh, the only "brand" I could find that didn't charge an arm and a leg for shipping... only to be told they couldn't ship nicotine cartomizors to Canada due to regulations. Cry.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
the quality of e cigs just from the time of the beginning of this thread till now is pretty impressive i wonder what will be the big thing by next year, a lot of shitty options are being pushed aside thats good. Hopefully most will quit or switch to digital , combusting shit in your lungs is bad news.

DietRob

Ugh. I don't understand why I've backslid so bad. Been smoking regular cigs a lot over the past few weeks.

I don't understand how this is possible. They taste like complete garbage to me now. I've been off them for almost 6 month and bummed one off my cousin last month. Got 3 puffs in before it made me want to barf.

Even the smell of a burning cig makes my stomach turn.

TheExodu5

Banned
Heh yeah something in my brain just shut off the taste for cigarettes entirely a while back. Even if I've ever had a craving (usually if I'm drinking), I take a puff and am imediately disgusted by the taste.

I'm just getting the e-cig because smoking shisha is something relaxing I enjoy while watching TV or hanging with some friends, and the e-cig is simply a healthier, more convenient alternative to that.

TheExodu5

Banned
Trying out my Ego passthrough with the standard Ego Crystal Vision cartomizer that came with it. Trying cappucino.

The flavor is nice, but the draw feels very restricted. Definitely can't do a direct lung hit with this...at least not without most of the vapor dissipating before you can exhale again.

edit: actually, the flavor could be a lot stronger. It's pretty subtle.

daw840

I'm at Walgreens and they are selling the Blu starter kit and cartridges. Didn't know brick and mortars were selling these.

DietRob

I'm at Walgreens and they are selling the Blu starter kit and cartridges. Didn't know brick and mortars were selling these.

Yea those are the ones my wife started out with. They aren't great but certainly something to get people's feet in the door.

DietRob

Thought you guys might dig this.

Stay in the green. The red is dangerous.

SafeVapingPowerChart.jpg

Hmm.. I have no idea what I'm doing dog.jpg

I don't use mods or anything like that so I assume the batteries and atomizers that I buy would be in the green zone.

daw840

Hmm.. I have no idea what I'm doing dog.jpg

I don't use mods or anything like that so I assume the batteries and atomizers that I buy would be in the green zone.

Yeah....if you're not using variable voltage stuff (i.e. an Ego Twist or a mod of some sort) it probably makes no sense.

Broseybrose

I don't understand how this is possible. They taste like complete garbage to me now. I've been off them for almost 6 month and bummed one off my cousin last month. Got 3 puffs in before it made me want to barf.

Even the smell of a burning cig makes my stomach turn.

Same.

Ive been vaping for three years and every time i do bum a cig it is increasingly awful tasting, and i cannot wait to get back to vaping some deliciousness.

I thought EVERY former smoker who successfully transitions to vaping gets to the point where they realize cigs are just nast and if you want some nic or a mouth fix vaping is better in EVERY WAY.

Trying out my Ego passthrough with the standard Ego Crystal Vision cartomizer that came with it. Trying cappucino.

The flavor is nice, but the draw feels very restricted. Definitely can't do a direct lung hit with this...at least not without most of the vapor dissipating before you can exhale again.

edit: actually, the flavor could be a lot stronger. It's pretty subtle.
That's been my experience with Ego Visions... Tight draw, muted flavour. If you can get the Phoenix clearomizers they're much better. Vivi nova should be an improvement too. Alternatively a good LR 306 dripping atomizer will produce a ton of flavour and quite a bit of vapour.

TheExodu5

Banned
That's been my experience with Ego Visions... Tight draw, muted flavour. If you can get the Phoenix clearomizers they're much better. Vivi nova should be an improvement too. Alternatively a good LR 306 dripping atomizer will produce a ton of flavour and quite a bit of vapour.

I'll try to find the Phoenix clearomizers in Canada...hopefully I don't have any issues. I'll stay away from the dripping atomizers...too much hassle, considering I want my vaping sessions to last 1-2 hours.

I thankfully found some Canadian vendors that sell nicotine'd juice. I thought I'd be fine without the nicotine but without it you just really don't feel the smoke at all...I guess that's what they call the throat hit. From the vendor I found, I ordered banana with 12mg in a 30/70 PG/VG mix, as well as a 100 VG mix. We'll see which I like better.

TheExodu5

Banned
Just got some 18mg stuff from a local distributor today...wow way too much throat hit lol. Basically like smoking a cigarette. edit: actually a lot stronger than a cigarette.

I have some 12mg stuff on the way but I have a feeling 6mg will be more suited for me since I want big clouds.

Top Bottom