• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Zeth

I'm pretty intrigued by the bottom coil clearos. Might have to try the Phoenix or something. I've been fairly happy with the 3.5ml Vivi Nova, and don't mind tilting or laying horizontally occasionally.

I really need to upgrade to a ProVari soon. I feel like I wear down my 1000mah ego twists so quickly that I'm constantly adding a new one to the rotation and retiring one that doesn't hold a charge. Just can't pull the trigger on the one-time high price of investment. Might as well, since it'll be more cost effective than buying $20-$30 egos every couple months.

Broseybrose

I'm pretty intrigued by the bottom coil clearos. Might have to try the Phoenix or something. I've been fairly happy with the 3.5ml Vivi Nova, and don't mind tilting or laying horizontally occasionally.

I really need to upgrade to a ProVari soon. I feel like I wear down my 1000mah ego twists so quickly that I'm constantly adding a new one to the rotation and retiring one that doesn't hold a charge. Just can't pull the trigger on the one-time high price of investment. Might as well, since it'll be more cost effective than buying $20-$30 egos every couple months.

$10 for a 5pc of the best clearos ever made with correct syringe and tips? Cant go wrong!

Double D

The KGO kit? Can't go wrong. That's what I got based on this thread and I've been loving it for the past few months. My recommendation would be to get that kit, get the 5 piece clearos that everyone is talking about and get a couple juices that look tasty. I was absolutely befuddled when I first started, and now look at me. I'm throwing around words like 'clearo' and actually know how all this crap works.

Broseybrose

The KGO kit? Can't go wrong. That's what I got based on this thread and I've been loving it for the past few months. My recommendation would be to get that kit, get the 5 piece clearos that everyone is talking about and get a couple juices that look tasty. I was absolutely befuddled when I first started, and now look at me. I'm throwing around words like 'clearo' and actually know how all this crap works.

Nailed it. KGO kit is without question best bang for buck starter kit, and i still (with 3 years vaping experience and tons of experimentation) use the KGO batteries today with the new clearos you referred to. KGO is of the best ecig batteries you can buy, and the starter kit is so much cheaper than even a little joye510 kit for $70 from some other sites.

This post should be quoted in OP.

As far as juices go, i can personally recommend:

AVEjuice.com
BackwoodsBrew.com (Malty Toffee especially!)
iVape.net

All fantastic juices at fair pricing. Some gourmet juice sites get a little out of control when it comes to pricing.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm dangerously close to being out of Juice.

I've got something from AVE and something from myvapestore on the way though.

Really hoping one of the two shows up today.

Started vaping a few weeks ago, and suddenly find this thread. Awesome.

Howdy folks!

Welcome aboard.

avf1n.jpg

Here's my current setup with the vivi mini

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Hey welcome to the club Dark Sun Cetra.

This is a great thread for recommendations. There is so much out there it can be overwhelming at times.

Zeth

These are some of my personal favorites

Alien Visions (AVE): Boba's Bounty, Gorilla Juice, Strawberry Cooler

BackwoodsBrew: Malty Toffee, Dulce de Lece, Honey Flue Nut/Nutty, all their coffee

Virgin Vapor: cleanest tasting, highest quality juice I've seen, but pricey. Marshmallow Blackberry Swirl, Kona Coffee/Velvet Milkshake, Cherry Vanilla Swirl, Peach Vanilla Swirl. 100% certified organic everything, and you can really tell.

Copper Creek also has some great stuff, especially House Blend. That was the first juice I really loved.

I've had some great stuff from Mrs. T's like Snickerdoodle, but the cost and long waiting list kept me from trying more. Still, I need to try more vendors. I've been bouncing around between these few for the past year.

Cetra

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

Currently after trying an Ego T out I figured it wasn't what I was going for. So my roomie took that over. Settled on a Silver Bullet with a Vivi Nova 2.5 tank.

As far as juices, my favs so far are RD Dude from Vape Dudes. Really excellent root beer flavor. And Peach Thrymba from Highbrow Vapor. By far and away the best, most realistic peach flavor I've found. I put in an order yesterday for some more flavors from them.

Going to try Virgin Vapor next I think, this isn't the first time I've heard I've heard good things about them.

Zeth

The Silver Bullet is solid! I've heard good things about Highbrow Vapor as well, adding them to my list.

Ok, so Im vaping my Phoenix Clearomizers now, the bottom coil ones.

phoenix_2.png

They are amazing! Or at least the two of five that im using are.

Im using it on my KGO batts because i was getting a slightly burnt taste at 4.0V with my eGo Twists. But that was literally the first puff i took and was probably just the clearo breaking in.

But speaking as a Cisco atty dripper, this is as good as any throat hit, draw, vapor production, OR FLAVOR ive ever had! The biggest reason i drip is for the flavor plus the convenience of changing flavors. But these things do not mute the flavor of my BWB Malty Toffee at all.

Also, NO leaks. And i mean NO LEAKING AT ALL. I partly attribute that to the fact that the GotVapes Phoenix Clearomizers 5pc comes with the correct filling syringe and 2 tips.

Ill be back in a few days with more impressions. As for now... A+

Ok, I'm super frustrated. Bought a pack, my first two are leaking. I am filling inverted, using the included blunt needle tips, and I get leaks. I get a LOT of resistance trying to penetrate the fillhole. Is there a valve in there, or are you puncturing the rubber? I feel like I'm tearing something. No matter what angle I push the needle, I get a ton of resistance.

I'm really considering getting a ProVari. It's either that or a laptop with a working keyboard, my priorities are very sound thank you. Any downsides I should know about? The only negative thing I've read that actually bothers me is the non-clicky button. Everything else about it seems to be overwhelmingly positive. Would be interested in checking out devices that are just as good/better, but everything seems to point to this.

Broseybrose

Ok, I'm super frustrated. Bought a pack, my first two are leaking. I am filling inverted, using the included blunt needle tips, and I get leaks. I get a LOT of resistance trying to penetrate the fillhole. Is there a valve in there, or are you puncturing the rubber? I feel like I'm tearing something. No matter what angle I push the needle, I get a ton of resistance.

Yes, youre puncturing a seal on the inside of the hole youre poking the needle through. What you dont want to do is ream the hole any bigger than the tip of the syringe... fill inverted... and you should be good. Try and go through the hole as straight as possible. No angles. Also, try to pierce the seal with a swift motion.

Very strange that yours are leaking. Mine are dry as bone, always.

OK so I picked up the kit in the OP and some juice. So now I need to get something else to use the juices I picked up right? That information would be extremely helpful in the OP. This is so confusing at first. :(

daw840

OK so I picked up the kit in the OP and some juice. So now I need to get something else to use the juices I picked up right? That information would be extremely helpful in the OP. This is so confusing at first. :(
You should have everything you need with that kit and some juice. What are you confused with?

Where does the juice go? Do I put it in the tip with the cloth thingy in it?

That sounds like a standard cartomizer. Yes, drip the juice onto the white wooly material. Hold it at an angle and try not to get any into the centre tube. Do 2-3 drops at a time, wait for them to soak in then repeat until it looks like it won't hold any more. About 15-20 drops is typical.

Ahh ok thanks. I wondered why the flavor wasn't really there when I put a drop or two in it! Figured that was enough. Would a clearomizer (not sure what the term is, the Phoenix do-dad) be a replacement for that wool material tip thing?

dj_h

Neo Member
Ahh ok thanks. I wondered why the flavor wasn't really there when I put a drop or two in it! Figured that was enough. Would a clearomizer (not sure what the term is, the Phoenix do-dad) be a replacement for that wool material tip thing?

Alright, the kit you bought should already come with pre filled carts, meaning the juice is already soaked into the poly fill (the white material). The Kit came with LR atties. I find if you also order juice with the kit you should be direct dipping into the atty. Roughly three drops right on the metal bridge inside the atty. You should be dripping every time you taste a burning favour, ideally with time you will be able to know when to drip.

As for clearomizer that replaces the whole thing, you would fill tank with juice and it would wick into the cartomizer.

I am not that great a explaining, sorry. if you have more questions feel free to PM me.

Broseybrose

Yes @nintendogal i recommend picking up a five pack of phoenix clearos or the clearos of your choice. Throw away the carts (mouthpice things) theyre useless. Get a few drip tips and use them with your atomizers and your clearos. Theyre essentially just mouthpieces. But there are lots on nice ones out there.

Thanks to both of you for the handy knowledge!

Oh and sorry if I came off as snippy in the last few posts. I re-read them and the tone seemed kinda bitchy which wasn't my intention at all.

those needle nose bottles with the blue cap are pretty handy for refilling

also I recommend the Vivi mini tanks those things are very user friendly. Easiest method I've tried so far. No leaking no puncturing just unscrew the cap and fill it up.

Cetra

So I got my order from Highbrow Vapor yesterday.

Dudes, my god. Peach Thymbra, EXCELLENT. Strawberry Lemondade, EXCELLENT. Green Tea, ALSO EXCELLENT.

Best. Juice Vendor. Ever.

Broseybrose

Thanks to both of you for the handy knowledge!

Oh and sorry if I came off as snippy in the last few posts. I re-read them and the tone seemed kinda bitchy which wasn't my intention at all.
No snip detected here. Any more questions? By all means fire away.

So I got my order from Highbrow Vapor yesterday.

Dudes, my god. Peach Thymbra, EXCELLENT. Strawberry Lemondade, EXCELLENT. Green Tea, ALSO EXCELLENT.

Best. Juice Vendor. Ever.

Their site certainly puts up a good image. Ive never heard of them before but i think id like to give them a try.

Zeth

New pickups

555 Exotic is definitely a contender for all-day vape. Tastes more like tobacco than any juice I've seen. Nutty, spicy, creamy, almost like a liquor. Haven't tasted the buttercream mint yet but it smells amazing. The rest are old favorites. Got some Nova heads that should last a bit too.

I've had Virgin Vapors mint buttercream before and I really liked it. To me it tasted exactly like Murray Mints. I'm not sure if you get those in the US, they're a bit like a minty Werthers Original. It started tasting a bit weird after a week or two though.

Okay so I'm about to jump in with this kit here - http://www.ukecigstore.com/e-cigarettes/advanced-kits/innokin-itaste-vv-kit-new-v2

If I grab that, am I pretty much all set to go? I can just charge it up and start smoking?

Also, what about all these flavours I see. Are the flavour cartridges one size fits every type of e cig, or are they more a type of thing where I get a liquid delivered and I have to top up the e-cigarette?

Anything else I'd need with the kit I mentioned above? Any consumables I'd need to stock up on?

Double D

^^ I have to be honest, I'm not sure what's going on with that kit. I mean, the battery looks kind of awesome and it's got good revews, but I can't figure out what those attys are all about with the little point on them. Maybe someone with a little more knowledge can assist you.

TheExodu5

Banned
I really wish they sold this stuff in Canada. Would be a nice alternative to shisha when I'm feeling lazy.

How is the nicotene-less stuff? Any recommended gear if I want to go that route?

kaskade

So I saw that this company was giving away free a free disposable e cigarette so I decided to try it. I don't smoke, I might when drinking but that's it. I ended up getting a cherry with no nicotine. They are actually pretty damn cool. It's much more like smoke than I thought it would be.

Okay so I'm about to jump in with this kit here - http://www.ukecigstore.com/e-cigarettes/advanced-kits/innokin-itaste-vv-kit-new-v2

If I grab that, am I pretty much all set to go? I can just charge it up and start smoking?

Also, what about all these flavours I see. Are the flavour cartridges one size fits every type of e cig, or are they more a type of thing where I get a liquid delivered and I have to top up the e-cigarette?

Anything else I'd need with the kit I mentioned above? Any consumables I'd need to stock up on?

You buy flavours alone in tubs of usually 10-30ml. You then put the flavour in one of hundreds of devices that attaches to your battery (Atomizers with a cartridge, clearomizers, cartomizers etc). That kit comes with everything you'll need to start, but it isn't a battery I often see recommended (that's not to say it's bad, I just haven't heard anything about it) and it doesn't necessarily come with the best stuff.

The Ego Twist is a fantastic battery for beginners and... anyone, really. Add on a charger with that for £25 and that's your battery sorted. I did the same thing from that same site myself a few months back.

Now you'll need something to put on top of that battery. The thing that holds the juice and converts it to vapour. A quick lesson -- the main thing is an atomizer. That's the raw head that heats the liquid into vapour. Some require direct dripping of liquid manually, some have a cartridge that stores juice that'll drip onto it for a while. A cartomizer is an atomizer that also stores liquid so the atomizer inside is regularly fed. Those are the standard devices that you'll be putting on your battery. A clearomizer is just a transparent cartomizer so you can see how much juice is left. As I said there are literally hundreds of different attys and cartos so it can be daunting at first.

These clearomizers are the best I've found and I recommend them wholeheartedly. Free shipping too! They're easy to use, and they stay dry as a bone as the liquid is injected inside rather than dripped. The battery I recommended (£25 with charger) plus 5 of these (£7.50) is a great start and all you'll need then is liquid.

These boge cartos are pretty much a standard recommendation, though the quality can vary they're very cheap. 5 for less than £5. They hold about 1ml of liquid that you'll drip in that is soaked up by the material inside.

As for liquid I can't recommend Pixie Juice enough in the UK. Their mint choc chip is fantastic, but pretty much every flavour is. That aside, this is my favourite juice I've found yet but taste is subjective. If you're not looking for something sweet/fruity/desserty and more of a tobacco flavour then I'm not necessarily the best man to ask but House of Liquid is often recommended. 10ml is a good amount to try a flavour. That'll give you 7-10 refills of one of your cartomizers, with each refill lasting a day at least. I'd recommend getting 2-3 flavours to start. The cheap stuff that comes in a kit probably isn't very good at all.

Here's a well populated and helpful UK Vaping forum. It's how I got started without feeling totally lost.

How is the nicotene-less stuff? Any recommended gear if I want to go that route?

Great. Nicotine free juice is all I smoke, just for the flavour. The gear is exactly the same, it's only the juice that contains nicotine so as long as you make sure the vendor has a nicotine free option you're good to go.

All the Canadian vendors will sell nicotine free juice. As far as the e-cig itself goes, does it matter how much I spend?

No, it's more about the quality of the battery. You can get pretty cheap Ego style ones which is what most people will recommend for a beginner. Anything that looks like a cigarette is usually pretty crappy.

Thanks for all of that. I'm a little confused, as the kit I referred to previously says it includes an atomizer head, clear cartridge and a cartomizer.

I thought that you used either atomizer+cartridge or cartomizer, so why would it have both?

Just a bit of variety. You don't know what device is going to suit you best. I have 5 clearomizers, an atomizer+catridge and a dripping atomizer head in rotation right now.

Top Bottom