• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Arment

What is the specific reason for my kayfun lite+ getting hot after 5 or 6 vapes?

I did a build with the same juice that I could chain vape off forever with no noticeable heat problems. I built two after that and both are giving me heat issues. It can get really hot. Hot enough to thin my juice which causes flooding and almost too hot to touch. I still get decent vapor but once it gets really hot I get inconsistent hits, which makes me think juice flow in my cotton.

All 3 of my last builds are .8 ohm single microcoils. Airflow hasn't changed. I use organic cotton balls, 28g wire on a 1/16 bit. I'm slightly rolling the cotton and threading it through with little to no resistance. I fluff it up a bit and then wet it with juice. I'm careful to make sure the cotton is only touching the inside coil. After that I press it against the wall away from the juice channel but with a little cotton spreading out towards it. Never in the channel directly. I read that thin juice needs more cotton and the build I did that chain vaped with zero temp issues did have a fair amount of cotton it in. I tried less, still hot, and now I'm at the same amount as before and it's still getting hot.

I'm wondering if its an insulator issue or something non-build related. But I'd like to hope it's just my build. If anyone has some advice I'd appreciate it.

definitely sounds like an atty issue to me. something else is heating up besides the wire most likely.

i would dry fire the kayfun a bunch with nothing else. it's probably the center pin that goes into the 510. not sure what its doing exactly but id be running a bunch of tests on that thing.

my aqua is dual coil at .67Ω. if i chain vape the tank section gets warm. depending how long i chain vape it even gets hot, but not really at the point you're talking about.

my kayfun has never done anything like that to me.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
3 weeks analog free tomorrow!

I feel so fine! :)

Next buy: Mini-protank 2! :p

Congrats. It is so awesome. I remember back when I was about a month analog free and I started smelling things like I never could before. Sense of taste also improved greatly. It's amazing how much I missed out on because of 20 years of smoking. I'm still ashamed that I smelled as terrible as I notice smokers do now. Yuck!

Daedalux

Neo Member
Congrats. It is so awesome. I remember back when I was about a month analog free and I started smelling things like I never could before. Sense of taste also improved greatly. It's amazing how much I missed out on because of 20 years of smoking. I'm still ashamed that I smelled as terrible as I notice smokers do now. Yuck!

So far, in 3 weeks of analog free, these things feel improved and awesome on whole new levels:
  • The smell and taste
  • Breathing feels so much better
  • No ciggie smell on clothes, hands, car, pillow, the list goes on
  • My mood
  • Working out
  • No more early-day nauseas after the cig
  • No more headaches!

So, the EVOD 2 is here.

Came out a few weeks (months ?) ago.

Replaceable drip tip
Dual Coil

Same sexyness.

KR-EV2-2.jpg

Mine comes in tomorrow, I'll post impressions.

So far, in 3 weeks of analog free, these things feel improved and awesome on whole new levels:
  • The smell and taste
  • My mood
  • Working out
  • No more headaches!

THIS so much.

After a night of heavy drinking, its the tons of cigarettes that made me feel the worst the next morning.

Arment

definitely sounds like an atty issue to me. something else is heating up besides the wire most likely.

i would dry fire the kayfun a bunch with nothing else. it's probably the center pin that goes into the 510. not sure what its doing exactly but id be running a bunch of tests on that thing.

my aqua is dual coil at .67Ω. if i chain vape the tank section gets warm. depending how long i chain vape it even gets hot, but not really at the point you're talking about.

my kayfun has never done anything like that to me.

Latest build seems to fix it.

I detailed the whole device again and undid the screw in the base to adjust the insulator. Looked to me like it had shifted and wasn't lined up completely with the block sitting on top of it.

After that I rebuilt it with the same specifications as the time it worked flawlessly and it works flawlessly yet again. I was starting to think I'd never experience that thick velvety vapor again. Whew.

• The smell and taste
  • My mood
  • Working out
  • No more headaches!

A little over a week myself and I'm feeling the same way. Taste is the biggest. I smoked a cig in the car on my way to a friends the day after I got this thing, just to see if it was even remotely enjoyable anymore. It was so gross. I was glad I did it because I had small pangs of doubt in my head about whether or not I was being satisfied with the vapor. I can truly say now I am. The menthol and the harsh taste just destroyed my taste buds. Couldn't taste my Andromeda juice for a couple hours after. Pissed me off. Good riddance.

Side note: I did go from 12 to 6 mg of nicotine after going through my initial batch of 12mg. 12mg was giving me head rushes like when I first used to smoke and I read the kayfun delivers potent nicotine. 6mg makes me want to 'chain vape' like I'm not getting enough I find. I may go back to the 12mg and just take it easy.

Latest build seems to fix it.

I detailed the whole device again and undid the screw in the base to adjust the insulator. Looked to me like it had shifted and wasn't lined up completely with the block sitting on top of it.

After that I rebuilt it with the same specifications as the time it worked flawlessly and it works flawlessly yet again. I was starting to think I'd never experience that thick velvety vapor again. Whew.

A little over a week myself and I'm feeling the same way. Taste is the biggest. I smoked a cig in the car on my way to a friends the day after I got this thing, just to see if it was even remotely enjoyable anymore. It was so gross. I was glad I did it because I had small pangs of doubt in my head about whether or not I was being satisfied with the vapor. I can truly say now I am. The menthol and the harsh taste just destroyed my taste buds. Couldn't taste my Andromeda juice for a couple hours after. Pissed me off. Good riddance.

Side note: I did go from 12 to 6 mg of nicotine after going through my initial batch of 12mg. 12mg was giving me head rushes like when I first used to smoke and I read the kayfun delivers potent nicotine. 6mg makes me want to 'chain vape' like I'm not getting enough I find. I may go back to the 12mg and just take it easy.

Yeah man, that was my dilemma also.

I would puff like crazy on 6 but 12 would give me headaches if I took too many drags close to each other. I thought I could "force" myself to get used to 12 but after a month or so still the same.

So I decided to just stick with vendors that offer 9 or 10mg. I emailed Jeremy at GoodLifeVapor and I just got my new order in today of custom 10mg.

I contacted AVE and they said they do not make custom batches. But I can open up the airflow on the KFL+ and that tones down the throat hit with the 12mg.

I wish they could get coffee flavored e juice right. I'd be all over it.

Lucena by Five Pawns is great. Don't like peaches or cobbler but that plus dark rum is really good.

Cool. That is right up my street. But... dat price.

It is absurd to pay for a Patriot-style RDA what an MVP2 or VTR costs.

Alternatives? I tried a FastTech clone but it was garbage (screws didn't even reach the holes, no room in the holds for fat or ribbon wire).

Pete Rock

coffee flavored e-juice yuuuuuuucko

What about that caffeinated stuff you posted a while back?

I am fascinated to see the future of other medicated additives to the pg/vg mix. It's already huge with co2 extracted cannabis as the resulting concentrate is very runny and readily mixes with the bases to work highly efficiently in wick based clearomizers, so you don't need a special high end vaporizer or specialized atomizer if you have access to those highly refined commercial products in your state, such as PureGold in CA/CO.

But yeah as far as coffee flavors, every one I've tried is terrible. I drink cold brew coffee though so I'm fairly spoiled in that regard. I will say that all the bakery flavors I've tried are the best "mix" with my morning brew, as fruity flavors tend to stand out against it significantly.

What about that caffeinated stuff you posted a while back?

It's really good. Tastes like an energy drink / Red Bull. I'm going to email them as I don't see it anywhere on their website, and I would love to know just how much caffeine we are talking about.

EDIT: Email sent, will report back.

EDIT 2: They expertly dodged my question about caffeine content.

All Nighter is currently not available. We will keep in mind how happy our customers are with the flavor and let upper management know.

Arment

Ack so it's getting hot again on the same build that worked great all day yesterday. A little frustrating. I was hoping it was fixed but after it sat for 6 hours while I was sleeping it broke itself I guess.

I noticed there was some juice in my drip tip a few times today so I'm thinking it's flooding and somehow that is causing the heat. I'm gonna take it in to one of the shops around here and see if they can pin point it I guess.

Yeah man, that was my dilemma also.

I would puff like crazy on 6 but 12 would give me headaches if I took too many drags close to each other. I thought I could "force" myself to get used to 12 but after a month or so still the same.

So I decided to just stick with vendors that offer 9 or 10mg. I emailed Jeremy at GoodLifeVapor and I just got my new order in today of custom 10mg.

I contacted AVE and they said they do not make custom batches. But I can open up the airflow on the KFL+ and that tones down the throat hit with the 12mg.

Yeah I feel like 10 would be the perfect amount. I'll have to look into getting some from the place you mentioned.

Edit: Upon inspection the area my coil was touching the wick was waaaay dark. I think when I took a few tugs in the morning I burnt the cotton and that caused some dry hitting and eventually flooding...dunno. I re-wicked and we'll see.

So, the EVOD 2 is here.

Came out a few weeks (months ?) ago.

Replaceable drip tip
Dual Coil

Same sexyness.

KR-EV2-2.jpg

Mine comes in tomorrow, I'll post impressions.

Am waiting for EVOD 2, EVOD glass, and Mini Protank 3 impressions as well as some recommended, reliable online vendors. Very interested in all these products. If the EVOD glass is any good, I could see myself buying a whole bunch of those.

daw840

If you want something between a 6 and 12 mg nic level....just mix equal parts 6 and 12 mg juice! Shake well and problem solved!!

What's the big deal behind the Tobh Atty? It seems to be all the rage right now and all the vape shops are pushing it but what differentiates it from other high end 22mm drippers like the Stillare and Origen?

My Panzer/Atomic should be here by Monday :)

Received my gold/brass Smoktech Magneto today.

Man this thing is cool. Great build quality and love the gold finish. Hits great. No scratch threads and magnetic button is silky smooth.

Waiting for my new juices to steep before putting the EVOD 2 to the test.

On another note, my original eGo C Twist finally bit the bullet after over a year. I dropped it and the silver started peeling off the twist knob. Then two days later I dropped it and the button jammed. RIP

Silver replacement came in today also :)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Just got my new ones from Good Life:
OthUnG0.jpg

I've only tried the Deadly Sin so far. I guess I'm not a bakery fan. I mean it's alright I just think my personal preference slides more towards the fruity flavor profiles. Maybe it will grow on me.

Got Grandmaster from Five Pawns about 2 months ago, used about 3 mls but never touched it since. It's just to heavy for me to vape all day.

Got a couple of iClear 30B's a few days ago. It's superior to the ProTank 3 in both flavour and throat hit. And none of the gurgling and flooding issues that I experienced with the ProTank so far. Draw is nicely balanced. Tighter than the Protank but slightly airier than the top coil iClear.

Next up on the shopping list: Nautilus Aspire.

Got a couple of iClear 30B's a few days ago. It's superior to the ProTank 3 in both flavour and throat hit. And none of the gurgling and flooding issues that I experienced with the ProTank so far. Draw is nicely balanced. Tighter than the Protank but slightly airier than the top coil iClear.

Next up on the shopping list: Nautilus Aspire.

I don't think there's a better tank on the market for disposable heads than the aspire nautilus

air flow control is quite good as well

daw840

Mount Baker Vapor is legit holy shit.

Oh man....you need to experiment!

Mt Baker is good, but it's like a 5 or 6 compared to some of the other stuff available.

edit:

On another note. I got a UD IGO-T the other day. Not blowing my skirt up honestly. I built a 1.3 ohm dual coil with silica wicks and it doesn't produce NEARLY as much vapor and throat hit as my Protank 2.

Just recoiled my taifun gt with 30 gauge, twisted kanthal. been trying to sub-ohm on this thing to get more battery life out of my hana mod.

7 wraps on a 5/64th is still 1.2 Ω

gonna try 5 wraps tomorrow

Wallach

i don't care for Mt Baker Vapor in the least. They are cheap. That's pretty much all I can say about that

I'm pretty much with you on this. Hawk Sauce is probably the only juice of theirs that I would re-order at this point, and even then it's so weak in throat hit that I don't plan to anytime soon.

Mostly I still only order from GLV and Apollo.

vilmer_

I will be joining you guys very soon. It's time to quit regular cigarettes, for good... Will be researching the links in the OP this evening as I have no idea where to start lol.

daw840

I will be joining you guys very soon. It's time to quit regular cigarettes, for good... Will be researching the links in the OP this evening as I have no idea where to start lol.

Ask here for any questions. Everyone is very good at answering new vapers questions!

As for the links in the OP. They are still solid, but I need to update a bit.

daw840

I updated option 1 in the OP to include the EVODs instead of those old Phoenix Bottom coils. More user friendly and less finicky IMO.

vilmer_

Ask here for any questions. Everyone is very good at answering new vapers questions!

As for the links in the OP. They are still solid, but I need to update a bit.

Awesome! I've been doing a bit of reading and it seems there are some issues with Canada customs being asses about importing stuff. I want to go with option 1 in the OP, but it looks as though lots of those items are sold out :p

Awesome! I've been doing a bit of reading and it seems there are some issues with Canada customs being asses about importing stuff. I want to go with option 1 in the OP, but it looks as though lots of those items are sold out :p

Have you checked myvaporstore.com ?

They are in upstate NY, they should ship to Canada.

vilmer_

My only concern would be that the batteries are not variable voltage. That's a must IMO.

Hmm interesting. I could always grab another set of batteries right? Money really isn't an issue, I'll be saving a lot more of it now without blowing through a pack of smokes a day :p

daw840

Hmm interesting. I could always grab another set of batteries right? Money really isn't an issue, I'll be saving a lot more of it now without blowing through a pack of smokes a day :p

Absolutely. The one's you'll want are the Ego Twists.

Or if you want to just jump into it balls deep, the iNNOKIN MVP version 2. I love mine!

daw840

I'm sure this is a dumb question to ask, but I'm new to this kind of stuff, any e-liquid will work w/ any e-cig, correct?

This is what I bought:

http://www.vaporzone.com/electronic-cigarettes/vaporzone-pro-starter-kit.html

Sure! Just stay away from any heavy VG juice. Any juice dealer SHOULD tell you the ratio of PG/VG. You'll want to stay with 50/50 for most tank systems.

How's the button on your MVP 2.0? Is it a hard press?

No, I've never had an issue.

Kard8p3

Propylene Glycol or Vegetable Glycerin.

VG is very thick but produces more vapor and it clogs tanks when it's the main ingredient. PG is thinner and produces more taste and throat hit.

Thanks! Any e-liquid you'd recommend? I'm a pansy so I use like 0.6% lol. I'm using a custom blend from vaporzone atm, mix of cotton candy, chocolate and strawberry. Sooo good.

Top Bottom