• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Arment

So I've been smoking a pack of Newports every 2 days for roughly 3 years. After months of research about e cigs I finally ordered all my parts and accessories.

I decided to skip the low end and went right to mechanical mods. I have a Nemesis clone and a KFL+ clone incoming. Wire, cotton, batteries, charger, ohm/voltage reader, juice are all coming together as well. Need a few tools for coil building like a flat tweezer and a few drill bits.

My first juices are from Nicoticket. 15ml of Grandma's Cinnamon Danish and 15ml of Custard's Last Stand. I've heard great things about both although I might go grab some local juice to use first and let these two steep properly. I can't believe how many e cig shops there are in Pinellas.

I'm already investigating a RDA just to be able to vape two flavors interchangeably. In between the Origen and the Omega right now.

Joe

Electric Angel Mechanical Mod....

does anyone know which 18350 battery go get for this? flat-top or button-top?

searching around for a friend and we can't find an answer anywhere. will it accept either?

Most mechanical mods want flat-tops.

If you are going to skip right to mechanicals, please read up on battery safety and be smart. Talking to some people at the last vape-meet, they think that stopping when you battery gets hot is good enough. By then, it could be too late.

I'm not a fan of RDAs unless you are going to be trying a lot of flavors. I don't mess with gennies too much because I hate paying for SS mesh and I hate dealing with hot spots. They are very capable of a nice, warm vape but it can be a chore.

Broseybrose

Electric Angel Mechanical Mod....

does anyone know which 18350 battery go get for this? flat-top or button-top?

searching around for a friend and we can't find an answer anywhere. will it accept either?

I would hate to steer you in the wrong direction but most mechs take flat tops, Im almost positive. Wait for someone to corroborate before anyone buys anything, though.

Arment

Most mechanical mods want flat-tops.

If you are going to skip right to mechanicals, please read up on battery safety and be smart. Talking to some people at the last vape-meet, they think that stopping when you battery gets hot is good enough. By then, it could be too late.

I'm not a fan of RDAs unless you are going to be trying a lot of flavors. I don't mess with gennies too much because I hate paying for SS mesh and I hate dealing with hot spots. They are very capable of a nice, warm vape but it can be a chore.

I've been reading about this stuff for months. I'm taking a cautious approach. I did a lot of research about safety and particularly the battery safety. I've been to a local shop that told me to come in and they'd gladly help me tinker with it if need be. My cousin has been vaping for years. I'll have equipment to check my batteries. I feel pretty good about it. And as far as I know, it's best to stop vaping on a battery as soon as a noticeable drop in power occurs. Most information I've read said it would be immediately apparent.

I've been reading about this stuff for months. I'm taking a cautious approach. I did a lot of research about safety and particularly the battery safety. I've been to a local shop that told me to come in and they'd gladly help me tinker with it if need be. My cousin has been vaping for years. I'll have equipment to check my batteries. I feel pretty good about it. And as far as I know, it's best to stop vaping on a battery as soon as a noticeable drop in power occurs. Most information I've read said it would be immediately apparent.

I recommend the Igo-W.

Its dirt cheap and a great dripper. I have a KFL+ also. I throw my favorite flavor in there and vape that at home. It lasts me like 4 or 5 days. But I have my IGO-W for when I'm in the mood for another flavor. Simply pulling out the cotton, dry burning, reloading new cotton is so easy its amazing.

Pete Rock

Simply pulling out the cotton, dry burning, reloading new cotton is so easy its amazing.
I was going to say as much, you can't really alternate between flavors on a dripper or a wicking tank system without a significant corruption of either flavor by the residuals left in the wick material, even with a dry burn or two. You can get around this by sticking with very similar flavor profiles which mitigates the effect, but it is still noticeable. So a custard to a vanilla might not be bad, but a vanilla to a sharp fruit flavor might be straight fucked up and end up tasting like some type of stomach acid at best.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm having an issue now. Maybe I'm just more sensitive to the quality of my vape now, but I'm realizing that none of my tanks are really working properly. I use the iClear 30, iClear 30s, and Protank 2.

They all have one issue in common: air pressure. The first few vapes provide good flavor and throat hit, but the quality goes down drastically afterwards. To fix it, I need to unscrew the top of the tank and then screwn it back in. This fixes the air pressure inside the tank, I'm assuming, which results in me getting a few more good hits in.

Anyone experience this?

DaFish

I'm having an issue now. Maybe I'm just more sensitive to the quality of my vape now, but I'm realizing that none of my tanks are really working properly. I use the iClear 30, iClear 30s, and Protank 2.

They all have one issue in common: air pressure. The first few vapes provide good flavor and throat hit, but the quality goes down drastically afterwards. To fix it, I need to unscrew the top of the tank and then screwn it back in. This fixes the air pressure inside the tank, I'm assuming, which results in me getting a few more good hits in.

Anyone experience this?

I'm not sure if any of those tanks have a "built in" drip tip, but maybe try a tip with a smaller diameter center whole to increase the back pressure to suck more juice in when inhaling. Maybe

Joe

could anyone take a size comparison picture of the original iClear30 and the new iClear30B?

i stopped using the iClear30 because it just looks so massive (and it's a juice hog).

Oh I see. By cool dark place, would a drawer suffice? Do they steep faster if they'd be put in a refrigerator?

Drawer would be good. Head helps, not cold.

You can put some warm water (around 100 degrees) in a bowl, place the juice in a ziploc bag and let it sit in the water for a few hours. Heat the water up every 45 minutes or so to keep it at 100 degrees. This will quicken the steeping process.

could anyone take a size comparison picture of the original iClear30 and the new iClear30B?

i stopped using the iClear30 because it just looks so massive (and it's a juice hog).

They are the same exact size. But the B can use whatever drip tip that you want. The original was so massive cause of that horrendous rotating tip.

I can take a picture when I get home later for you.

Daedalux

Neo Member
After some months looking into it I've pulled the plug and it's been a week without analogs..

Ego-T + EVOD for the win!

Feels so good...

Ceebs

Just wanted to pop in here and mention my experiences. I was not a super heavy smoker, but had been smoking 3-4 packs a week for about 8 years. I knew going in that I wanted to try e-cigs to quit instead of just replacing normal cigarettes, so instead of spending a ton of cash, I got one of those Blu starter packs. By the time I had finished off the initial cartridges, I was down to the equivalent of maybe one cigarette a day. I ordered a new pack of the zero nicotine cartridges, and made it through one of those. Since then I have not touched it in a month and have had no desire to go buy a normal pack again either.

I think what these really did for me was two things. One, I never smoked inside and always had to put on clothes (and coats during the winter) and trudge outside. It developed into a bit of a habit of I would get kinda stir crazy being inside and would go smoke to get out of the house. being able to smoke the e-cig indoors took care of this in no time. Secondly, I did no real research on how many drags you are supposed to take at once, so I was pretty conservative. I feel like this had me on a gradual reduction of how often I was smoking so one day I just did not feel like I needed it anymore.

Long story short, if you want to quit give these a shot. It may not work for you, but it's worth a try.

Joe

They are the same exact size. But the B can use whatever drip tip that you want. The original was so massive cause of that horrendous rotating tip.

I can take a picture when I get home later for you.

yeah if you could possibly take a comparison shot with the B using a regular drip tip that would be awesome

Got mail

IMG_20140307_185236.jpg

That looks pretty amazing.

How is the gold coating? Let us know if/when it starts to rub or fade off.

Where did you get it from?

The "Phantom Brass" as its advertised is just brass on the clones (this is an Infinite clone) since no one really knows what mix of copper/aluminum/brass the authentic one is but it looks superb. It'll probably have some patina by the end of the week but I'm gonna polish it, it looks too beautiful, especially in 18350 mode.

I got it from a group buy at CaliVapers for $45, I believe there's a round two going on if you wanna check it out. It's in the Clone Group Buys subforum. I also have another one coming in from Tobeco and I'll compare them later on.

Having a few problems though, the firing button is a bit crunchy and takes a good amount of pressure to fire up, I probably just have to take it apart and clean it though. Also it doesn't seem to be firing off my MNKE 1500MAH but my VTC4 is working just fine.

Hits like a beast, noticeably harder than my Nemesis.

Pimpwerx

I haven't posted in here in a while. Still vaping strong, and I only vape my own juice. I haven't tried selling it yet as I'm self-employed and currently extremely busy with work. I'd still like to get into it. Got some good feedback on the few flavors I make.

I'm never buying another ego-C again. Both ego-Cs died in less than 3 weeks. Waste of money. My ego-T from my starter kit has outlasted both and is still going strong.

Been thinking about giving up in EVODs since they all leak. Is the Protank3 looking good now? Last I asked, the opinions were mixed, but it was also brand new.

Lastly, haven't done much with my I-ATTY. Vapor production is weak, and hotspots are still something I need to work on. Just been wearing out my kasdt EVOD while I plan my next move. PEACE.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm not sure if any of those tanks have a "built in" drip tip, but maybe try a tip with a smaller diameter center whole to increase the back pressure to suck more juice in when inhaling. Maybe

I found the solution with the iClear 30S: blow back into the tip every now and then. Since it wicks just the right amount, it doesn't end up leaking any juice when doing so and it seems to restore the right pressure in the tank.

I haven't posted in here in a while. Still vaping strong, and I only vape my own juice. I haven't tried selling it yet as I'm self-employed and currently extremely busy with work. I'd still like to get into it. Got some good feedback on the few flavors I make.

I'm never buying another ego-C again. Both ego-Cs died in less than 3 weeks. Waste of money. My ego-T from my starter kit has outlasted both and is still going strong.

Been thinking about giving up in EVODs since they all leak. Is the Protank3 looking good now? Last I asked, the opinions were mixed, but it was also brand new.

Lastly, haven't done much with my I-ATTY. Vapor production is weak, and hotspots are still something I need to work on. Just been wearing out my kasdt EVOD while I plan my next move. PEACE.

Are you getting Ego-C and EVODs from fast tech?

My ego c twist is still going strong from over a year ago, bought legit from myvaporstore.com

Out of all the EVODs i've had (about 7 or 8), two of them leaked. I'm not sure why you are having so many problems.

The hate on the Pro Tanks III has settled down and its regarded as a good device.

The Aspire Nautilus is the king of the bottom coil clearomizers right now. Check that out if you are looking for a tank with more capacity with replaceable heads.

daw840

Holy shit I found an awesome store today. They carry all sorts of fantastic premium juices. From Halo to Good Life Vapor to some other shit I have never even heard of. The guy that runs it is cool as hell too. I picked up 2 30 mL bottles on of El Kamino from GoodLife and one called Jedi Juice from Apothecarium Eliquid.

notworksafe

Not my first e-cig, but this is the one I plan on actually sticking with to quit smoking:

iTaste VTR + Kanger Protank 3

Been using it for a few weeks now I can't imagine going back to cigs. Right now I'm using Hawk Sauce from Mt. Baker in it and I really like it. Fruit+Menthol is a great mix that I really dig.

FT shipped my stingray clone but not my drip tip.

Was super close to pulling the trigger on 2 separate DNA 20 devices. Really just holding out on a good DNA 30 device at this moment.

Coiled the Aqua to .67Ω. Really outdone myself this time on this build.

Messing around with a bud today I recoiled the trident v2 to .55Ω. Man that sucker is HOT. Some flavors were decent, others much better with less wattage.

FT shipped my stingray clone but not my drip tip.

Was super close to pulling the trigger on 2 separate DNA 20 devices. Really just holding out on a good DNA 30 device at this moment.

Coiled the Aqua to .67Ω. Really outdone myself this time on this build.

Messing around with a bud today I recoiled the trident v2 to .55Ω. Man that sucker is HOT. Some flavors were decent, others much better with less wattage.

Is the FT one actually brushed and not polished? Didn't pull the trigger on that one because the pictures were ambiguous and the only brushed Stingray I've seen is the stainless steel variant.

Twisted420 did a video on voltage drop and it looks like the Infinite Stingray took #1 spot, having the lowest voltage drop and beating out a bunch of high end authentics too like the Panzer, Hades, and Flip :).

i really couldn't tell you man. i will post a pic when it arrives.

saw your pic over on ECF as well.

fact of the matter is, the only reason I purchased the stingray was because it was brass and it had an adjustable 510. my caravela won't allow all my atomizers to sit flush because of the one pin and i find this very annoying.

i did purchase the full M tank kit for my Hcigar 3.1 kayfun. happened to be hcigar as well. thing looks great

Einbroch

Banned
Just picked up option one from the OP. Not a smoker but someone with an oral fixation. Ordered a few nicotine free juices and I want to order a nicotine one for my brother to try. Only question is, I'm clueless about the strength. He's a moderate smoker.

Just picked up option one from the OP. Not a smoker but someone with an oral fixation. Ordered a few nicotine free juices and I want to order a nicotine one for my brother to try. Only question is, I'm clueless about the strength. He's a moderate smoker.

I'd say start him off with the lowest just to play it safe. When people start vaping, they tend to vape more than they would smoke and vaping tends to deliver the nicotine more effectively. So even if the nicotine amount in his vape was equal to that of his cigs.. he'd likely end up getting a nicotine "buzz" from vaping just through the sheer use.

So I'd start him with a 6mg juice. If that isn't enough to curb his cravings then step it up to 8 or 12mg and see how that is.

if he's trying to quit smoking, you need to ask him how much he smokes. I was a PAD, so I'd recommend 18mg. If they pick up vaping then they'll naturally progress downward.

if someone doesnt smoke i would do 0mg

It's not as much about how much you're smoking as it is what kind of cigs you smoke. Extra Lights, Lights, Regs, Reds.. those are the different concentrations of Nic. I don't recall off the top of my head which strength corresponds to which mg amount atm though.

As a halfpack a day smoker, I found 6mg too light and 12 too strong.

Problem is a lot of vendors won't make you a custom batch, so I started ordering all 12mg and "forcing" myself to get used to the higher nicotine.

Bad idea. Was getting tons of headaches and chest felt like someone was laying on it.

I'm just gonna have to stick to the vendors that will make me 9mg or 10mg batches.

Ever since finding this Deadly Sin by Good Life Vapor I've decided to drastically reduce the amount of juice I'm vaping. I'm going to settle on 3 or 4 staples and thats it.

Right now it's:
Deadly Sin by Good Life Vapor
Gorilla Juice by AVE
Tribute by Juicy Vapor

TheExodu5

Banned
As a halfpack a day smoker, I found 6mg too light and 12 too strong.

Problem is a lot of vendors won't make you a custom batch, so I started ordering all 12mg and "forcing" myself to get used to the higher nicotine.

Bad idea. Was getting tons of headaches and chest felt like someone was laying on it.

I'm just gonna have to stick to the vendors that will make me 9mg or 10mg batches.

Ever since finding this Deadly Sin by Good Life Vapor I've decided to drastically reduce the amount of juice I'm vaping. I'm going to settle on 3 or 4 staples and thats it.

Right now it's:
Deadly Sin by Good Life Vapor
Gorilla Juice by AVE
Tribute by Juicy Vapor

Get a 6mg and 12mg bottles and mix them.

have another vape meet again this Saturday. Last vape meet I was showing people how to properly wick + coil their kayfuns (to svoemesto specifications). it sucks that I am extremely horrible with names as people remembered me from the last meet and all I can really say is "Hi" or call them dude.

Arment

Update since my last post.

I quit cigarettes yesterday. In place of them I'm rocking a HCigar Nemesis clone with a EHPro Kayfun Lite+.

I was nervous about my first build, so nervous I forgot entirely to clean the atomizer before building and filling. Needless to say the first 3 hits I took were metallic as all hell. Totally killed my excitement about the thing until I realized what I had done. I smoked through that rough patch and that's when the flavor hit. Tried Custard's Last Stand from Nicoticket for my first juice and it was pleasant, but I think a little muted based off trying my cousins. My vapor also wasn't really where I wanted it.

My first coil was 1.5 ohms (12 wraps of 28g on a 1/16th bit, too many) and I vaped about 2 ml on it until I tried again today after work.

My second and current coil is 1 ohm exactly. (8 wraps of 28g on a 1/16th) I have to say I'm pretty proud at how well I emulated all the youtube videos on coil wrapping. Even my first one was quite nice looking. I'm vaping Grandma's Cinnamon Danish from Nicoticket in this current tank. The cinnamon taste is amazing. No bad taste either. I soaked all the pieces sans plastic in super hot water and then dried it meticulously with qtips. I'm blowing the clouds that I see in youtube videos and the flavor is almost too strong at this point. Success imo. Next time I'm trying to hit .8 and I think 6-7 wraps will do that.

Anyways, I'm still learning the Kayfun. The hardest part has been wicking the cotton. Not sure if I'm laying it right in regards of the juice channels. I'm wicking enough so that it slides through the coil without much resistance and then laying it down next but not in the channel. I juice it a bit to make it shapable, like rip trippers does in their Kayfun tutorial videos.

I'm having loads of fun with it though. So glad I did this.

Fuck, anyone else waiting for Indigo to finish their move? I used up the last of my Duke, and I need some more, stat! I tried getting Backo from Backwoods Brew because I heard good things about it, but it tastes like I'm vaping potpourri even after several hot water baths, leaving the cap off for a couple days, and a bunch of shaking.

I'm also waiting for Dawn to Dusk because I heard it was another one of their best, and I've been wanting to try a coffee flavor. Anyone know if their other coffee flavors are good, too?

Top Bottom