• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Question: I have some e liquid I got from a legit online vendor, but it says it was bottled in 2012, and it expires March of 2014 which is now. Should I be pissed, or is it okay to use? That's two years wtf. I must have picked some non-popular flavors.

Question: I have some e liquid I got from a legit online vendor, but it says it was bottled in 2012, and it expires March of 2014 which is now. Should I be pissed, or is it okay to use? That's two years wtf. I must have picked some non-popular flavors.

Weird, I've never seen an expiration date on eliquid, only bottled date, and usually that's pretty recent.

I don't think it can go bad, the only thing I can think of is maybe the nicotine becomes less potent over time? I'm just bullshitting that, though. Also, maybe the flavoring agents change over time? If so, that's probably more of a "best used by" date than an "expired date". It's probably safe to vape, but might taste a little off.

Also, maybe it was bottled in europe and not the US? If so, remember that their calendar is in the day/month/year format, so it wouldn't expire for a few more months from now.

Broseybrose

Unfortunately your instincts are correct. I wouldn't vape anything bottled over a year ago. I know the nicotine starts to degrade after a year, to say nothing of the flavor!

Also I wanted to post that I just picked up some (3) magnets for my Origin for $5. Legs & Hans Vape Shop is a really cool vendor with fair prices, and they shipped my magnets immediately. They carry magnets for Origin, Nemesis, Caravella and a few others. It's a fairly major upgrade IMO.

Update since my last post.

I quit cigarettes yesterday. In place of them I'm rocking a HCigar Nemesis clone with a EHPro Kayfun Lite+.

I was nervous about my first build, so nervous I forgot entirely to clean the atomizer before building and filling. Needless to say the first 3 hits I took were metallic as all hell. Totally killed my excitement about the thing until I realized what I had done. I smoked through that rough patch and that's when the flavor hit. Tried Custard's Last Stand from Nicoticket for my first juice and it was pleasant, but I think a little muted based off trying my cousins. My vapor also wasn't really where I wanted it.

My first coil was 1.5 ohms (12 wraps of 28g on a 1/16th bit, too many) and I vaped about 2 ml on it until I tried again today after work.

My second and current coil is 1 ohm exactly. (8 wraps of 28g on a 1/16th) I have to say I'm pretty proud at how well I emulated all the youtube videos on coil wrapping. Even my first one was quite nice looking. I'm vaping Grandma's Cinnamon Danish from Nicoticket in this current tank. The cinnamon taste is amazing. No bad taste either. I soaked all the pieces sans plastic in super hot water and then dried it meticulously with qtips. I'm blowing the clouds that I see in youtube videos and the flavor is almost too strong at this point. Success imo. Next time I'm trying to hit .8 and I think 6-7 wraps will do that.

Anyways, I'm still learning the Kayfun. The hardest part has been wicking the cotton. Not sure if I'm laying it right in regards of the juice channels. I'm wicking enough so that it slides through the coil without much resistance and then laying it down next but not in the channel. I juice it a bit to make it shapable, like rip trippers does in their Kayfun tutorial videos.

I'm having loads of fun with it though. So glad I did this.

Nice writeup.

I like my cotton on my kfl+ to be a little puffy, you cannot easily pull it through the whole unless its completely soaked. I also wet the cotton ends to make them easier to work with, and I let the two ends sit against the wall right above the juice channels.

Yeah, toss it.

I had liquids that have been sitting for close to a year and they taste like crap.

Is it at all normal to have "flavor fatigue"? I've changed the wick on my KFL+ multiple times and my friends who take a hit off my device say its pretty flavorful but I'm barely able to taste anything from the vapor since I binge-vaped this weekend.

Is it at all normal to have "flavor fatigue"? I've changed the wick on my KFL+ multiple times and my friends who take a hit off my device say its pretty flavorful but I'm barely able to taste anything from the vapor since I binge-vaped this weekend.

Yes. That's part of the reason why it's suggested that you drink water often when vaping (the other being dehydration) and also why most people swap flavors every so often.

daw840

Alright....this shit is pissing me off. I have a Protank 2 that I've been using with 1.8 ohm coils and using some really good juice. Goodlife Vapor and Apothecarium Ejuice. I set the MVP to the lowest voltage setting and it tastes burnt. I set it to the lowest wattage setting and it tasted good for a while now it's tasting burnt again. I don't dry hit, I fill it up when it gets low, I changed the coil twice now, I have no fucking idea what the hell is happening.

Alright....this shit is pissing me off. I have a Protank 2 that I've been using with 1.8 ohm coils and using some really good juice. Goodlife Vapor and Apothecarium Ejuice. I set the MVP to the lowest voltage setting and it tastes burnt. I set it to the lowest wattage setting and it tasted good for a while now it's tasting burnt again. I don't dry hit, I fill it up when it gets low, I changed the coil twice now, I have no fucking idea what the hell is happening.

chances are its silica so you won't be burning anything. it's most likely hits that aren't saturated so you are partially getting a dry hit from it.

IMG_20140312_215934_zpszjo4kkp4.jpg

please excuse the crappy clear wrap on this hana. it wasn't put on very well. this thing is so damn small. my atty is actually taller than the mod with the pyrex drip tip.

friggin love pyrex drip tips

it's actually a DNA 30. im just vaping at 20w btw

What is the benefit of the DNA20/30 chips if you have no intention of every running anything at over 15 watts ?

Does it deliver any better battery life or consistent power or anything?

or is it just the fact that it can go up to 20/30 watts (and the dope display) is all the rage?

TheExodu5

Banned
chances are its silica so you won't be burning anything. it's most likely hits that aren't saturated so you are partially getting a dry hit from it.

Well dry hits result in you burning the residual ejuice so that's where the burnt taste comes from.

As for the ProTank...I've never had any luck with it. Dry hits are extremely common. It doesn't wick well at all. I got the airflow adjustment valve which does help, but you basically need to close it completely for it to wick at all from air pressure alone.

My Protank 2 hits like a champ. I never get dry hits unless I don't pay attention to my juice level and hit it when it's empty. Which has happen like 2 or 3 times in the months that I've owned it.

Though my experiences seem vastly different from most people. Like I use a 2.5ohm coil head at 3.8-4.0v because lower resistances in my experience tend to burn at anything much higher than 3.3-3.5v None of the carto's or tanks that I've had have ever tasted not-burnt running some of the lower ohms and higher volts that people in the thread report using.

Thats strange. From my experience, there are just some juices that do not wick in my EVOD. Like, at all.

Even some of the ones from Namber that don't even look that thick just will not wick in my EVOD, everything is burnt.

Broseybrose

Ive always found that removing flavor wicks solves an EVOD not wicking. I wonder how this will work with the new dual coil heads for EVOD/Protank that I ordered!

Daedalux

Neo Member
Well guys, I have to thank all of you, because of this thread I caved in and it has been 2 week and a half without the regulars.

Got myself 2 ego-t's and a ego twist, 3 kanger clearos (1x evod, 1x t3s, t2).

I feel like a new man without those cancer-sticks.

Well guys, I have to thank all of you, because of this thread I caved in and it has been 2 week and a half without the regulars.

Got myself 2 ego-t's and a ego twist, 3 kanger clearos (1x evod, 1x t3s, t2).

I feel like a new man without those cancer-sticks.

Awesome dude. You got a nice setup there for a beginner.

What kinda juices are you vaping?

So I went ahead and placed an order from Good Life Vapor. I tried them last year (melon boba was great, wasn't too crazy about anything else) then went and got Deadly Sin from them a month or so ago.

Deadly Sin is so fucking ridiculously amazing. I just purchased a 30ml and 3 other new flavors. I'll check back in with reactions.

So I went ahead and placed an order from Good Life Vapor. I tried them last year (melon boba was great, wasn't too crazy about anything else) then went and got Deadly Sin from them a month or so ago.

Deadly Sin is so fucking ridiculously amazing. I just purchased a 30ml and 3 other new flavors. I'll check back in with reactions.

Good Life and Roar Vapor are my new go to's since Vape Dudes got so popular that the orders take forever and a day. Quality juices imo.

Broseybrose

My go-to juices in 2014 have been from Velvet Cloud Vapor; 100% VG and 100% organic, made in San Fransisco. Strawb-Gwab, Vanilla Custard, and Blue Beard all day.

Thats strange. From my experience, there are just some juices that do not wick in my EVOD. Like, at all.

Even some of the ones from Namber that don't even look that thick just will not wick in my EVOD, everything is burnt.

This is usually easy to fix:

-Take out the head.
-pull that silicone sleeve thingie off the shaft.
-pull the shaft off the wick head.
-remove one or both (iirc, there's two) of the little pieces of wick laying on top of the wick that actually has the coil wrapped around it.
-reassemble.

This should solve anyone's problems with the evod and thick juices. If you get gurgling, you can always go back and stick a wick back in, or a thinner piece of cotton you could wind yourself or something. The evod is highly customizable for a "beginner-friendly" unit. Pretty much the reason I have never seen why people buy something else, unless they really need a big glass tank or something.

So bummed with Rocky Mountain Vapor. Of the 14 bottles of e juice I bought, 3 are 2 years old, 4 are a year old, and 4 don't even have a date so who knows. Guess I'll be getting my juices from someplace else. I bought lots since I had a good coupon code. Oh well.

Email them

Yeah, I just don't see how that can be acceptable, to anybody.

However, I got such a good deal on their hardware, that I want to stay on good terms so I can order stuff in the future, I just won't be getting their juice.

I got some at the Electric Cigarette Lounge in Sacramento (what a cool place!) from a company called Pink Spot, and it is so good! Great vapor, great flavor. Kicks the ass of the ones I got from RMV.

My DNA 30 will run 7 watts up to 30. It will fire resistances from .5 up to 3.3Ω.

I chose to go with this because I found myself really enjoying the 18 to 22 watt range on my mechanical mods. The problem with that is you can only vape in that range for so long before you have to switch batteries. having the regulated device will allow you to tailor your vape to exactly what you want for the entire life of your battery

this hana is nice because i never have to mess with batteries. uses the same charge cable as my samsung phone, and will let me sub-ohm nicely for dual coils.

basically, the lower the resistance of my atty, the less voltage required to get that same wattage. I got into sub-ohm vaping because dual coiling above 1Ω just takes too damn long to get your coils hot. having the added protection of the Evolv chip is just another bonus

Daedalux

Neo Member

Hehe, yeah, I love my setup, gotta post some pictures. :D

Currently I've already made the jump to 12mg of nicotine juices, I've been vaping a french juice called Tabac Regular from Smookies, it's got 45% PG and 55% VG (high PG made me a bit dizzy) and, so far so good! :)

Pete Rock

New toys...
Sick, looks like an enormous shotgun shell, I love it!

Very nice HM EsotericManiac, great setups all around.

I was thinking of springing on a DNA system but I don't really "need" it so it's hard to justify when my old provari and gennies are working out alright still. Probably wait for the next big thing before I upgrade.

Sick, looks like an enormous shotgun shell, I love it!

Very nice HM EsotericManiac, great setups all around.

I was thinking of springing on a DNA system but I don't really "need" it so it's hard to justify when my old provari and gennies are working out alright still. Probably wait for the next big thing before I upgrade.

Yeah I feel the same way. I'd love to get an Opus D or Hana but I never even go over 11 watts on my VW devices.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I lost my iTaste VV battery last night somewhere between the grocery store and my house. I'm super bummed about it. At least I only had a cheapo atty on it.

Looks like the cheapest option for a replacement is ebay at 30 bucks. Ugh.. I'm down to 1 battery now I need to be more careful with them I've lost several over the past 2 years. If anyone has any batteries they want to sell I'd be interested in getting some spares. PM me.

DietRob

Instead of going and buying another iTaste VV what would be the next 'graduation' so to speak. For instance when I first started I used the pen style devices. Then I moved on to the ego thicker style 510 batteries. After a while I started to go for variable voltage model of the iTaste.

What is my next natural progression?

Instead of going and buying another iTaste VV what would be the next 'graduation' so to speak. For instance when I first started I used the pen style devices. Then I moved on to the ego thicker style 510 batteries. After a while I started to go for variable voltage model of the iTaste.

What is my next natural progression?

itaste MVP 2.0 Box mod is sort of a sidegrade (but with way longer battery life)

itaste VTR is probably the next step up after that...

Above those are a variety of mods that will require "industrial" batteries that you buy seperately. Stuff like the Vamo, Zmax, and (on the higher price range) Provari. There's a ton of options at that level but it's a bit more of a cost investment up front since you buy the mod, batteries, and charger separately. You should also excercise more caution with charging and storing these types of devices and batteries. I mean, you should be cautious anyways but especially with these. Stuff like not charging them unattended and the like.

DietRob

itaste MVP 2.0 Box mod is sort of a sidegrade (but with way longer battery life)

itaste VTR is probably the next step up after that...

Above those are a variety of mods that will require "industrial" batteries that you buy seperately. Stuff like the Vamo, Zmax, and (on the higher price range) Provari. There's a ton of options at that level but it's a bit more of a cost investment up front since you buy the mod, batteries, and charger separately. You should also excercise more caution with charging and storing these types of devices and batteries. I mean, you should be cautious anyways but especially with these. Stuff like not charging them unattended and the like.

Thanks. I'm actually looking at the MVP right now and extended battery life would be a great upgrade. I'll take a look at the VTR also. I don't really want to make a big investment right now. I've been off the stinkies for 2 years now but I don't really see any value in buying setups for a few hundred bucks. But, maybe that's due to me not having any experience with something like a provari??

edit: Quick question about the VTR it looks as if it's built for a tank. I have a ProTank 2 but I don't enjoy the tanks as much as I do dripping. Can I drip with a VTR or is it only for tanks?

Thanks. I'm actually looking at the MVP right now and extended battery life would be a great upgrade. I'll take a look at the VTR also. I don't really want to make a big investment right now. I've been off the stinkies for 2 years now but I don't really see any value in buying setups for a few hundred bucks. But, maybe that's due to me not having any experience with something like a provari??

Some of the other members of our esteemed community would be better to tell you whether those higher end mods are worth it. I've been tempted to get some but never made the jump because it requires too much monitoring and if something does go wrong it can be extremely dangerous (I have 2 kids and no safe place to store that type of stuff at the moment).

What I can say is when you hit that level of mod, the batteries last a lot longer and the power they provide is great enough to handle any kind of atty you throw at it. Those setups are the kinds you see capable of blowing great clouds of vape.

Edit to your edit: I couldn't say. It would depend on what size your atty is since the VTR has that upper bracket. I believe there's an extension sleeve that comes with it though? I don't have one myself.

DietRob

Yea, I've been posting in here for a while and it's really amazing to see how members of the community have progressed with their equipment over time. With how often I tend to lose my gear I would be absolutely devastated if I ended up losing something as nice as a provari and the like. If I ever do make that jump it will be a device that NEVER LEAVES MY HOUSE..

Even then it's not safe from getting lost in a couch cushion, under the bed, or left laying in some random place. LOL. Speaking of maybe I should go check the couches and chairs and see if I can just find a replacement battery that way. I need help. haha

Do you guys still feel that you're addicted? Right now I feel like I vape because I like it, not because I feel compelled too. The same kind of craving I get for chocolate or a coke, that I'd miss if it disappeared but I wouldn't suffer withdrawal. I went on holiday for two weeks late last year and I left my e-cig at home and I was completely fine. There were times of course where I thought "I'd love a vape right now", but I was completely fine. But I guess I was more a casual smoker before vaping, and have never had a nicotine addiction so maybe that's part of it.

Chopper

Do you guys still feel that you're addicted? Right now I feel like I vape because I like it, not because I feel compelled too. The same kind of craving I get for chocolate or a coke, that I'd miss if it disappeared but I wouldn't suffer withdrawal. I went on holiday for two weeks late last year and I left my e-cig at home and I was completely fine. There were times of course where I thought "I'd love a vape right now", but I was completely fine. But I guess I was more a casual smoker before vaping, and have never had a nicotine addiction so maybe that's part of it.
How strong is the juice you vape?

How strong is the juice you vape?

It varies depending on the juice, but I try to keep it as low as possible. The Bread of Heaven I'm vaping now is 12mg though because it lifts the flavour and gives it a kick I like. But if I'm vaping something sweet or fruity, I'll often go 6 or even 0mg and add menthol if I feel it needs a kick.

DietRob

Been reading some good reviews here and elsewhere for Good Life Vapor. Decided to give them a shot. I got a sampler pack with Deadly Sin, Pain Killa, Twilight Zone, and Zombie Blood.

I also rebought the iTaste VV 3.0 again. Pbusardo's review of the MVP really turned me off to it also don't like the big boxy size of it.

You're gonna miss out on all the truly great stuff then.

What in your opinion should be something for me to try? Best of the best... I like the fruity stuff, no tobacco or menthol flavor.

HAHA I'm such a liar! All I've been doing today is browsing the ecig forums, and because of that I ordered some awesome sounding juices from Mount Baker Vapor. Aaaaaaaaah I'm swimming in juice!

Butterscotch
Caramel Apple
Hawk Sauce
Moo Juice
Orange Dream Bar
Rainbow Roundies

I never considered myself addicted to nicotine either, just liked smoking cigarettes. Its the same now with vaping. If I have it by me I will take a few drags quite often. But if I am seperated from it for a few hours (battery died FML) then I'm completely fine.

Been reading some good reviews here and elsewhere for Good Life Vapor. Decided to give them a shot. I got a sampler pack with Deadly Sin, Pain Killa, Twilight Zone, and Zombie Blood.

I also rebought the iTaste VV 3.0 again. Pbusardo's review of the MVP really turned me off to it also don't like the big boxy size of it.

The version 1 or the version 2?

The only negative thing I can say about the version 2 is that the fire button is too hard to press and the connection is very finicky and sometimes requires a lot of cleaning and extra tightening down of the atomizer (or clearomizer) for it to fire.

But the MVP v1 is phenomenal in every way. The "boxyness" is quickly overlooked. It is much smaller in person than it appears to be on camera. You could get a version 1 for dirt cheap these days, I'd look into it. Unless you absolutely need variable wattage and an ohm reader than I'd go with the version 2. They have to of fixed the button issue by now. I've had mine for a while and it was an early batch.

OK I am so impressed with Apollo E-Liquid. Never switching to anything else. Guess that makes my shopping easier!

Listen, if you like them and are completely happy then stick with them. And they are cheap as all hell.

But..... I've tried Apollo and while they are good for the price, they are pretty much bottom of the barrel compared to other liquids I've tried. But trying juices from tons of vendors can also get very expensive. So I'd fine 2 or 3 flavors you like and stick with them.

.Listen, if you like them and are completely happy then stick with them. And they are cheap as all hell.

But..... I've tried Apollo and while they are good for the price, they are pretty much bottom of the barrel compared to other liquids I've tried. But trying juices from tons of vendors can also get very expensive. So I'd fine 2 or 3 flavors you like and stick with them.

It's funny, I'm doing the same thing I did a few years ago when I first got a K-Cup coffee machine... So many flavors, so many choices, kind of going nuts. But eventually I settled on two or three kinds that I buy all the time, and my favorite I buy in the 100 packs. Sounds like the same will be true here.

DietRob

The version 1 or the version 2?

The review I listened to was on version 2. The two turnoffs I had where the button press issue and the size of the unit. I can appreciate that the battery is large and keeps a charge for a long time. Thing is I work from home and almost always have my ecig hooked up to my computer while I'm vaping. The long battery life really does nothing for me.

It's funny, I'm doing the same thing I did a few years ago when I first got a K-Cup coffee machine... So many flavors, so many choices, kind of going nuts. But eventually I settled on two or three kinds that I buy all the time, and my favorite I buy in the 100 packs. Sounds like the same will be true here.

This is a really apt comparison. I'm the same way. I've settled on Alien Visions to be my 'go-to' vendor the majority of the juice orders I make go through them. However, I do always keep my ear to the ground for new vendors to try. Don't lock yourself in quite yet community.

I went through tons of juices and even until about a month ago I would keep trying new vendors.

I've decided to just stick with 3 or 4 "staples" and just vape those. I am completely happy with them. I feel that I've tried all the ones that everyone completely raves about. So I'm good for now.

The review I listened to was on version 2. The two turnoffs I had where the button press issue and the size of the unit. I can appreciate that the battery is large and keeps a charge for a long time. Thing is I work from home and almost always have my ecig hooked up to my computer while I'm vaping. The long battery life really does nothing for me. .

Gotcha, the button is a concern, but like I said I'd think they fixed it by now.

But don't let the size hold you back. It is very small in your hand and I never have a problem throwing it in my pocket when on the go. I just unscrew whatever clearomizer I have on at the time and throw the mvp in my pocket.

Top Bottom