• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Chopper

i know you didnt ask me, but heres mine.
29775bb6-c40d-46f4-a642-d22dfa3cd557_zps8d38e834.jpg

24g 5 wraps on a 1/8th drill bit. comes out to 0.2ohms. rda is a patriot clone and its worth mentioning that the wire is wrapped around the center screw post, not going through the post.

This is 29 gauge. 7 or 8 wraps. I think its a 1.4 ohm.

Kinda gunked up.

Click for mega-huge

ill post one

RDAsetup_zpsc42edc9b.jpg

ppl1395709268707_zpsqijvobta.jpg

Thanks guys. Cool stuff. I'll definitely give this a go next time I rebuild my Clockworks.

I have a picture of a zna... kinda... Took this at the Texas Vape Blast a few weeks ago.

iAVPGSFl.jpg
The man.

Aaaanyway, this arrived today...

I am seriously impressed with the build quality. The threads are perfect! I can't wait to build it this evening. Is there anything I should know that the tutorial videos I've seen might not be telling me, before I start?

I am seriously impressed with the build quality. The threads are perfect! I can't wait to build it this evening. Is there anything I should know that the tutorial videos I've seen might not be telling me, before I start?

Nice.

Just a few thoughts:

- Wrap your coil around the drill bit and keep it on the bit as you attach it to the posts. When its attached, using the bit, lift it up a little so it sits just above the air hole and dead center.
- Slip your cotton through and trip one size. Juice that side a little and form it so it sits just on that shelf right where the airhole leads to. I like the angle the cotton on that sheft so its sort of in the direction that the bottom chimney will spin as I screw it on.
- Trim other side and juice it to sit on that shelf on that side and again slightly angle it so its facing the direction that the threads will turn.
- Screw on bottom chimney and make sure cotton didn't move from the shelves right above the juice runs. Juice the whole coil assembly now.
- Screw on top chimney, then bottom piece, then middle clear (or silver) section, then top section, then top cap, then drip tip. Voila. Fill that bitch.

I can't speak for any clones, but my authentic Kayfun Light Plus is by far the best money I have ever spent on anything vape related. I am just astonished after all this time of how amazing it performs, how easy the build is, how I've never - even once with the thickest juice - had a dry hit. It is so phenominal in almost every way. The only thing that sucks is taking it apart to clean. Detaching the deck piece from the bottom cylinder piece is a bitch to do by hand and I refuse to use any tools to help since I dont' want no scratchies.

Thanks guys. Cool stuff. I'll definitely give this a go next time I rebuild my Clockworks.

The man.

Aaaanyway, this arrived today...

Looks like the newer KFL+ from EHPRO with the transculent tanks. I bought the old version a few months back with frosted tanks and mine was leaking and fucking up like crazy for 2 weeks before I decided to take the center post apart and found a piece of delrin plastic that was left in the airhole during machining. Now it vapes wonderfully.

Chopper

Thanks for the advice guys. I have literally never wrapped a microcoil in my life, nor have I used cotton for wicking, so I was nervous about this one. I watched Pbusardo's review (and build) of the official Kayfun Lite and Russian 91%, which illustrated quite nicely what I needed to do. Along with your advice, I managed to get it working pretty nicely.

The resistance is at 3.3 Ohms (!), which is not ideal, but I've cranked the voltage up to 4.3 and it's vaping well. After a couple of hours I've had no dry hits, so it appears to be wicking nicely too.

There's an odd taste accompanying the juice I'm using. Perhaps slightly metallic? I should definitely have cleaned this bad boy first, but I was just too excited. I'll run the tank dry and clean it out tonight to try and sort that. I might rebuild it again just for fun, and try and get that resistance down too.

I can see myself loving this little (big!) device.

Thanks for the advice guys. I have literally never wrapped a microcoil in my life, nor have I used cotton for wicking, so I was nervous about this one. I watched Pbusardo's review (and build) of the official Kayfun Lite and Russian 91%, which illustrated quite nicely what I needed to do. Along with your advice, I managed to get it working pretty nicely.

The resistance is at 3.3 Ohms (!), which is not ideal, but I've cranked the voltage up to 4.3 and it's vaping well. After a couple of hours I've had no dry hits, so it appears to be wicking nicely too.

There's an odd taste accompanying the juice I'm using. Perhaps slightly metallic? I should definitely have cleaned this bad boy first, but I was just too excited. I'll run the tank dry and clean it out tonight to try and sort that. I might rebuild it again just for fun, and try and get that resistance down too.

I can see myself loving this little (big!) device.

I've only tried one "clone" in my life and it tasted like I was blowing Megatron. Soak it in vodka and clean the shit out of it.

3.3 is a disgrace, you should be ashamed of yourself. LOL

But yeah, try to get that bad boy down and save yourself a whole bunch of battery life in the process. I shoot for 1.4-1.6 to use on my mechanicals.

I don't mind hitting 2.0 if I'm gonna use it on a regulated device.

Is the eGo-C any good? This would be my first E-cig. Should I go for it?

The eGo-C Twist is great!!

My first one lasted for over a year (650mah) and only broke when I dropped it twice in a two day span. Ordered another one immediately.

3.3 would actually be more battery life as there is less amps being drawn from the battery

either way, that coil is going to take way to long to heat up. on a provari you'd probably want 1.6 - 2.0Ω

Pete Rock

either way, that coil is going to take way to long to heat up. on a provari you'd probably want 1.6 - 2.0Ω
This is true. I also agree with Victory Red on a slightly lower range for mechs but I don't use mine very much.

There is a free Vapers Toolbox app for Android, it is pretty helpful for beginners and intermediate builders alike. Once you get your favorite builds down you'll probably just memorize the patterns but it is helpful if you're starting from zero. You can select all sorts of parameters to get you the information you need to build the coil(s) to that ohm spec.

3.3 would actually be more battery life as there is less amps being drawn from the battery

Wait what.

If I build a 3.3 ohm coil I'm gonna need to crank my device to output 5 volts. You're telling me that the battery will last longer dishing out 5 volts than if it were dishing out 4 volts?

Got my Nautilus tank last night.

Vaped it all night and have it with me today at work.

- Packaging is top notch. Its what I would expect a $35 piece to be wrapped like.

- Pyrex is nice, doesn't feel very thick like other glass tanks I've felt.

- Metal pieces aren't the nicest built things. Thin. Screwing them together shows how thin they are.

- Size: Its big but it doesn't bother me. Holds 5ml of juice. Its not bigger than the Kayfun Lite and I don't mind that size.

- Leaks: NONE

- Airflow control is great. 4 sizes to chose from

- Vapor - Eh. Not getting a ton

- I really like the look of it.

Overall its nice. Not sure if its worth the $35. But it is the best bottom coil replaceable head tank that I've tried. Shits all over the iClear30B. But I thought it would give me a result sort of close to the Kayfun given their similair designs. But no.

Exis

My order got shipped to the wrong address, so I went to my local shop and picked up a kit. These thing is kinda amazing.

I'll probably end up taking in more nicotine, but I was going through 10-15 pieces of nicotine gum a day anyway.

I am now looking into more tops, how do I tell if I have a atomizer or cartomizers?

My order got shipped to the wrong address, so I went to my local shop and picked up a kit. These thing is kinda amazing.

I'll probably end up taking in more nicotine, but I was going through 10-15 pieces of nicotine gum a day anyway.

I am now looking into more tops, how do I tell if I have a atomizer or cartomizers?

Take some pics and show us what you got.

A cartomizer has a chamber that holds the juice and feeds it into the atomizer all in one piece.

An atomizer is just a coil and some wicking material that burns and creates vapor. Connecting this to a tube or tank that holds the juice is a cartomizer.

MisterNoisy

Just got seriously into vaping as a replacement for cigarettes (Vamo w/bottom coil clearos + 24mg mint flavor juice) and quitting real smoking is a real thing now. Thanks to everyone here for taking burnt leaves out of my daily routine.

yes, you battery would dish out more because you are pulling more amps from the battery having a lower Ω coil. it's ohms law

it would require a higher voltage to get the same wattage from this higher coil, but again, it would run the battery down slower because it would be a lower amp draw.

would you guys get mad if I tell you I just bought 2 hana modz, full sized? might sell the ZNA now and definitely the provari

if you resistance is higher than you want you can

use a larger diameter to wrap on

wrap less coils

or drop your gauge in wire. the lowest i have is 28 gauge so i do twisted varieties

just got my order! got an ego twist and a mini viva nova. i got it off virgin vapor only because i wanted a genuine ego and they were the first place that popped up. did a few review checks and they seemed legit. is there anything i need to do? i just filled the tank quarter of the way and am charging the ego now. the blu's didn't do it for me so here's hoping this will!

endre

Well I bought something today. It is called the evod bcc.

I'll see how this works out. It should save me arounf 100E per month. More if I get my liquides in Serbia.

endre

Dude, EVOD is awesome. Great juice.

Good luck on the juice hunt.

Cool, and thanks. I bought something like Lucky Strike and maracuja. I am pretty much ok with the first one, I only need to find something good with "neutral" taste and without nicotine. Something without taste or with minimal taste.

Received my bottle of Oak Barrel Cider from ePipeMods on Friday. It comes highly recommended from Rip Trippers and PBusardo.

I bypassed the "smell test" and dripped it right onto some fresh cotton. Holy shit it tasted like gasoline and it was burning and I started coughing like crazy. I then smelled the bottle and it smells horrendous. Like some mutant jizz chemical that doesn't resemble anything close to something I'd want to inhale. Holy shit i dont know what this smells like.

I tried again yesterday and same thing.

Tried again this morning and maybe it smells a little better? I dont know. Still smells like horrible shit. I guess I'll let it sit for a week.

This is pretty crazy. I know some juices need to steep, but they're usually at least a little "vape-able" at first.

daw840

^^Holy shit man....I've had juice that tastes terribad but that is another level. Hope it steeps well.

On another topic. I've decided to jump into the mech mod world.....any suggestions? I already have a titanium IGO, so I have the RBA covered. I just want the best mech mod available. :)

Rizific

^^Holy shit man....I've had juice that tastes terribad but that is another level. Hope it steeps well.

On another topic. I've decided to jump into the mech mod world.....any suggestions? I already have a titanium IGO, so I have the RBA covered. I just want the best mech mod available. :)

are you willing to shell out the dough for real mods? or are clones ok with you?

There are plenty to choose from, and they get pricey. Nemesis, Sting Ray, King, etc.

If I had all the money to spend, I'd get a Panzer Black Hawk. Such hot sex.

lImDwOo.png

If you want to wet your whistle in them first, the Smoktech Magneto is cheap and can hang up there with the best of them. For under $50.

If you'd like to get the real thing, I won't stop you.

I'd still get the stingray clone. The clone is so good and offers everything you could possibly want from a mod, you might want to get the real deal as well.

The brass version has enough SS sections that you can get anything to match. The mech is truly beautiful. The voltage drop on it is so ridiculously low, it's going to hit harder than most legit mechs. The floating pin on the top cap makes flush-mounting any device a breeze. It comes with magnets in the button so there's really no need for anything else.

If you could afford a legit mech, the copper stingray is pretty amazing.

The real thing might have marginally better engraving but not really much besides that. Would probably come to you cleaner.

If you were going to spend that money, I'd say get a DNA 30 device

Why a clone? Would the real thing be better?

There are very minimal differences between current clones and authentics (maybe a small quality control issue here and there). Performance/functionality-wise, they perform the same. My Infinite Stingray is the best performing mech mod I've seen and is also beautiful and easy to maintain.

I was about to hop on a Panzer Blackhawk clone buy but I honestly prefer my SS Panzer clone over it; plus my Panzer is already unwieldy with a tank like a Kayfun on top. Hopped on an Infinite Black Copper Stingray buy instead.

If you're going to go through the ridiculous high prices and scarcity of authentic mechs, you might as well buy a Hanamodz V3.

There are very minimal differences between current clones and authentics (maybe a small quality control issue here and there). Performance/functionality-wise, they perform the same. My Infinite Stingray is the best performing mech mod I've seen and is also beautiful and easy to maintain.

I was about to hop on a Panzer Blackhawk clone buy but I honestly prefer my SS Panzer clone over it; plus my Panzer is already unwieldy with a tank like a Kayfun on top. Hopped on an Infinite Black Copper Stingray buy instead.

If you're going to go through the ridiculous high prices and scarcity of authentic mechs, you might as well buy a Hanamodz V3.

Where can I find a good Panzer Blackhawk clone?

I got it off of my Facebook group buy group, we closed off our Blackhawk group buy last week but there might be some stragglers if you wanna hop on https://www.facebook.com/groups/cloneattack/.

The runner won't disclose the manufacturer so we won't get poached but I got my Panzer from the another group buy in the group from the same manufacturer and its spot on to the original aside from a "too tight delrin" on the floating pin which had to be sanded out. The manufacturer is working it out for the Blackhawks.

The V3tronix Flip is in the process of being cloned, V3tronix released a statement of legal threats against anyone selling the clones once they reach the US. I know Innovapes did something similar with their Patriot RDA earlier this year but has anything ever materialized from this?

i used to subscribe to this belief, but it really takes the right build to make a dripper come to life.

are you using the same simple build on each device? what dripper are you using?

my trident v2 didn't hit another level until i wrapped it with twisted 28 gauge

Chopper

The flavour on my Kayfun clone matches that of the dripper, no doubt. But the draw is much airier, so it's a little less satisfying. I kinda wish I had got a Russian clone just so I could tighten it up a bit. I still might.

if you guys really like the kayfun you should really look into getting a taifun GT

much better device, more liquid, and much easier to get to your wick/coil without dumping your juice

OMG Walmart now has vaping pens and bottles of e-juice (Haus branded by Mystic, starter kits with a battery, tank, and charger, spare batteries and tanks too). Holy cow that is one thing I was not expecting. They had about 10 different flavors, 10 ml bottles of 24mg strength. I looked for PG/VG content but didn't see it listed.

Fascinating. Walmart.

i used to subscribe to this belief, but it really takes the right build to make a dripper come to life.

are you using the same simple build on each device? what dripper are you using?

my trident v2 didn't hit another level until i wrapped it with twisted 28 gauge

I'm 32g wire in both, five wraps in the Kayfun, dual seven wraps in the dripper.

My 28g is in the mail, actually.

I'm 32g wire in both, five wraps in the Kayfun, dual seven wraps in the dripper.

My 28g is in the mail, actually.

that's probably most of your problem. 32 gauge wouldn't be generating much heat and you'd have very few wraps to get down in those lower resistance builds.

if you aren't in the 7-9 wrap area with a coil, depending on the diameter, you're not going to have a lot of surface area. your vape is going to suffer

if you want to use 32 gauge, you'd be forced to do a triple or quad wrap to get a decent coil out of it. anything less i wouldn't personally bother with

organic creme caramel from virgin vapor tastes like cardboard. any sites that offer a good variety of flavors(sampler)? I really like the ego twist i got, but need new liquid. i will say one thing.. the juice i have is 100%vg the vapor lingers for minutes which is cool.

organic creme caramel from virgin vapor tastes like cardboard. any sites that offer a good variety of flavors(sampler)? I really like the ego twist i got, but need new liquid. i will say one thing.. the juice i have is 100%vg the vapor lingers for minutes which is cool.

Yeah 100% VG will have less flavor than say a 50/50 mix. Maybe your juice needs to steep a week or so.

I find most reputable sites have great sample packs where you can pick what you want.

I'd say RoarVapor is a site where I really like (not love) over 4 or 5 flavors. With Truth Serum being fantastic from them.

Top Bottom