• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

vilmer_

The good news. Since my kit arrived, I haven't bought a pack of regular cigarettes in over 3 weeks.

The bad news. I still have yet to find that body buzz from a regular cigarette that I used to get even with trying 12-24mg juices. Also, I live with two other cig smokers and it's not fucking easy to refuse a drag lol. The willpower required here is absolutely off the charts.

Perhaps it's a mental thing. It's quite possible. I need to try out some different kinds of flavors - All I pretty much have right now are berry/fruit flavors.

The good news. Since my kit arrived, I haven't bought a pack of regular cigarettes in over 3 weeks.

The bad news. I still have yet to find that body buzz from a regular cigarette that I used to get even with trying 12-24mg juices. Also, I live with two other cig smokers and it's not fucking easy to refuse a drag lol. The willpower required here is absolutely off the charts.

Perhaps it's a mental thing. It's quite possible. I need to try out some different kinds of flavors - All I pretty much have right now are berry/fruit flavors.

Congrats on avoiding buying packs.

I vape 12mg but I don't get a body buzz until I vape it with a lower ohm coil.

What king of hardware are you gaping on?

You may need to get yourself into something with lower ohms and pump up the voltage of whatever mod/battery you are using to increase the throat hit/harshness.

LRz2r.gif

vilmer_

Congrats on avoiding buying packs.

I vape 12mg but I don't get a body buzz until I vape it with a lower ohm coil.

You may need to get yourself into something with lower ohms and pump up the voltage of whatever mod/battery you are using to increase the throat hit/harshness.

I'm using this kit - http://www.vapedojo.com/products/kanger-evod-starter-kit

The throat/lung hit has definitely been there, but I'm not sure it's just my lungs reacting to something totally different than thousands of chemicals from regular cigs. It feels like I'm just inhaling a smoke machine. My go-to juice has been a 75/25 VG/PG so there's definitely lots of smoke but very little physical effect.

I'm using this kit - http://www.vapedojo.com/products/kanger-evod-starter-kit

The throat/lung hit has definitely been there, but I'm not sure it's just my lungs reacting to something totally different than thousands of chemicals from regular cigs. It feels like I'm just inhaling a smoke machine. My go-to juice has been a 75/25 VG/PG so there's definitely lots of smoke but very little physical effect.

Those batteries only put out 3.7 volts.

Look into the eGo C Twist. It allows you to change the voltage output up to 4.8volts. And the battery will work with the current clearomizers you have now.

At a higher voltage, you will notice a stronger throat punch and hopefully get you the body buzz you crave.

Also, when you order new clearomizers or replacement heads for your clearomizers... go with something in the 1.8ohm vicinity.

A 3.7volt output with a 2.5ohm clearomizer will gave you a waaaaaay less throat punch than a 1.8ohm clearomizer and a battery that puts out something around 4.6 volts.

Tuvoc

Dropped my Sigelei Mini Zmax getting out of my car at work and broke both the battery and my Aspire BDC tank a few days ago :(

So i picked up an iTaste TVR with an iClear 30s tank. I'm really impressed with it even though it seems a bit advanced for me since I'm not at all familiar with variable wattage. Also, I'm not quite sure of the proper way to refil the tank. Seeing as how it the wick is more perforated than a regular dual coil. It keeps leaking a bit when I refill.

But the design is solid. The feel of it is really nice.

Chopper

I don't think I'll find a better pairing than Bread of Heaven (ejuice) and Laphroaig (whiskey). It's like they were made for each other.
You are a man after my own heart. I have another 50mls arriving tomorrow, and a bottle of Laphroaig on my booze shelf. I will combine the two ASAP!

bawk

Banned
Been vaping exclusively and off analogs for over two and a half months now, and been recently getting the hankerin for a tobacco flavor. anyone got any suggestions?

daw840

Been vaping exclusively and off analogs for over two and a half months now, and been recently getting the hankerin for a tobacco flavor. anyone got any suggestions?

Yes! Try Casablanca from Backwoods brew. While your ordering get a 15 ml of Conundrum. It's an awesomely weird flavor. Tobacco with a hint of fruit and mint.

You are a man after my own heart. I have another 50mls arriving tomorrow, and a bottle of Laphroaig on my booze shelf. I will combine the two ASAP!

It won't disappoint.

I haven't heard a bad word said against House of Liquid. They steep tobacco in eliquid (and sometimes in liquor barrels too) so it's as accurate as you can get.

Esoteric, have you talked to your brother about your RDAs?

yea, sorry. he wound up taking both of them

just got back from TX on a business trip. went to an authorized dealer of Lazarus Vintage. their Journey is amazing. It's a like a buttery french pastry.

the nebula is the only chocolate vape I've ever had that tasted authentic and very good. bought 2 more bottles

Got my Magma clone, built it to .6 ohm dual coil 7-8 wraps 26g kanthal on a 5/64 drill bit. Not blown away just yet but I just caught the vapors tongue yesterday.

There's some quality control issues on the clone I hear though concerning copper in the center post.

Got my Magma clone, built it to .6 ohm dual coil 7-8 wraps 26g kanthal on a 5/64 drill bit. Not blown away just yet but I just caught the vapors tongue yesterday.

There's some quality control issues on the clone I hear though concerning copper in the center post.
The posts fall out. Sucks. I made mine work. Definitely looking forward to the infinity clone that's in the works

Rizific

question. the past times ive been to a juice bar to find a new flavor, i start to get a metallic taste after the 3rd-4th juice sample. similar to what my new kayfun tasted like before giving it a nice cleaning. im assuming its from my atty getting too hot? is there anyway to combat this? im vaping on a patriot clone with dual 24g kanthal micro coils

The FDA stuff shouldn't be too bad for us as users. Smaller juice makers and personal juice makers might end up running into problems though and depending on what, if any, regulations they put on actual devices (mods and batteries), then there could be some headaches there. Being regulated isn't necessarily a bad thing though. It just depends on how much care they're willing to take in approaching the regulations.

bawk

Banned
Yes! Try Casablanca from Backwoods brew. While your ordering get a 15 ml of Conundrum. It's an awesomely weird flavor. Tobacco with a hint of fruit and mint.
I haven't heard a bad word said against House of Liquid. They steep tobacco in eliquid (and sometimes in liquor barrels too) so it's as accurate as you can get.
Danke danke, I think I'll go with the backwood brew first then try HoL the next time i order juice.

bawk

Banned
The FDA stuff shouldn't be too bad for us as users. Smaller juice makers and personal juice makers might end up running into problems though and depending on what, if any, regulations they put on actual devices (mods and batteries), then there could be some headaches there. Being regulated isn't necessarily a bad thing though. It just depends on how much care they're willing to take in approaching the regulations.
It's actually pretty horrible. Most users I meet tend to go for the smaller boutique juices and those will all be pretty much put out of business. The application process will run to at least $60000 for a single juice with tiered nicotine levels.

Being regulated ain't necessarily a bad thing, but killing every small business and essentially handing the industry over to big tobacco is probably one of the worst things imaginable.

daw840

So.....when I ordered my stingray clone, the Kayfun, and an i4 charger. The website processed my order for 2 of each of those.....and charged my card almost 300 dollars.

Shit.

It's actually pretty horrible. Most users I meet tend to go for the smaller boutique juices and those will all be pretty much put out of business. The application process will run to at least $60000 for a single juice with tiered nicotine levels.

Being regulated ain't necessarily a bad thing, but killing every small business and essentially handing the industry over to big tobacco is probably one of the worst things imaginable.

Where did you get $60k from? I hadn't heard anything about specific cost being decided already.

bawk

Banned
Where did you get $60k from? I hadn't heard anything about specific cost being decided already.

a vendor via facebook (mad murdock iirc said:
Here is the information I have personally gathered, so I am the source. After speaking with the FDA on approval procedures it will go some what along these lines.

The regulations haven't passed but this is what will happen if it does.

You will need to file a registration approval (done through an attorney), this isn't required but if you mess the form up or leave out any detail than it will be denied without investigation, you can not get a refund either. So attorney fees to start. Here are the other fees.

$2500 Filing fee $1500 fee per ingredient listed (if you leave one off, denied) $$ Lawyer fees

So in a nutshell. Lets take Pluid for example since we have no clue what flavors the mad scientist Murdock Ruml uses.

Pluid ingredients (this is not the real ingredients): VG: $1500 PG: $1500 Nicotine 6mg: $1500 Cucumber: $1500 Caramel: $1500 Corn syrup: $1500 (its in caramel flavoring) Butterscotch: $1500 Ethyl Alc: $1500 (its in butterscotch) Attorney fees: $3000, this is a guess

so Pluid at 6mg would cost roughly $15000.00

This has to be done for every nicotine level so 4 levels would cost roughly: $60,000.00

This law hasn't passed as of 9:10am CST as that is when I hung up the phone with them

Hmm.. I googled the first couple lines and got results from a number of different pages dating back as long as 5 days ago. I can't seem to find an original source though for some reason. I'm going to keep looking though because right now, it looks like a scare message that's getting spread like chain mail.

Edit: The oldest mention that I find on Google comes from GotVapes Facebook page (but not necessarily made by GotVapes), but it looks like they deleted all their posts that had discussion on the FDA Regulations (though I remember them having quite a few posts on it before). So.. I'm going to take that info with a grain of salt until there's something official from somewhere.

Double Edit: Ok on further inspection, despite Google telling me the post was from 6 days ago.. the only mention I can find is from someone posting onto GotVapes facebook page 23 hours ago, claiming the message was from Clint Morgan Jr of iHybrid Mods, but his page is a personal page and I can't see it to check if/when he posted it.

Not sure on how much its going to cost to submit their juices to the FDA.

But it seams like it will be just like weight lifting supplements. NO Xplode, Super Pump, Jacked, etc. Those are horrible for you. They aren't "FDA Approved" but they are just submitted to the FDA, and if the don't take you off the market... its business as usual.

I imagine juices will be the same. Prices will prolly go up a little bit. The big companies will be able to afford it. They are already making a king's ransom for the juices they make.

daw840

I keep seeing people post online that this is going to be affecting devices....but I haven't seen any actual information indicating anything of the sort.

I think it would be impossible for them to do anything about the devices...no?

I mean, you can buy crack pipes at the gas station for christ's sake

I keep seeing people post online that this is going to be affecting devices....but I haven't seen any actual information indicating anything of the sort.

I think it would be impossible for them to do anything about the devices...no?

I mean, you can buy crack pipes at the gas station for christ's sake

Well there's an inherent difference in the two items though. Those kinds of pipes can always be called "Tobacco" pipes and thus aren't actually illegal.

Vaping devices are different in that they're electronic.. so there may be certain regulations put in place to prevent or place restrictions on certain kinds of devices or batteries or combinations of the two. With the danger that can be posed with certain mods not having vents in case of a batteries malfunction and the danger in some of the batteries themselves.. it's not far fetched to think that the FDA could place restrictions on what is commercially available.

daw840

I suppose.

That said, I'm wondering if I should keep my extra stingray/kayfun and sell it when/if the regulation impacts devices. May get a bunch for it...

I suppose.

That said, I'm wondering if I should keep my extra stingray/kayfun and sell it when/if the regulation impacts devices. May get a bunch for it...

Regulation won't ever impact mechanical mods and tanks, at least not in any meaningful way whatsoever. There's no nicotine in them. They are simple devices and they'll just be marketed for other purposes if need be. Think 'Essential Oil Vaporizer! Not for Nicotine use!' You know how many shipping containers from Hong Kong come into this country every day?

Pete Rock

Cleaned, rebuilt a new 1.8 coil and loaded my genny with Alpha Vape Mr. Miyagi, which is a Papaya & Plum flavor. Ooooooh baby! They recently launched another line called Omega which I am going to order along with some Virgin Vapors next time I need to restock.

If you like sweet and bakery flavors I found on my last trip that their Sweet Tooth flavor is really amazing. It's a vanilla ice cream inhale and a graham cracker exhale. They didn't have any 30mls last time I was there and I blew through my 10 so fast... one of my favorites for sure.

Another one that surprised me was Epic Juice Apple Jax, which tastes exactly like the cereal. They also make another one I really like called Banilla which is probably the best banana flavor I've tried yet.

daw840

Got the Stingray/Kayfun 3.1 combo today. Built a 2 ohm coil on the Kayfun for the MVP, though I would like to build a 1.6 ohm coil honestly. I'll try again eventually. However. I may try to build a sub ohm Kayfun build and just retire the MVP. This fucking Stingray is tiny. I could definitely just carry it around. It's amazing. I have an IGO-T that I built a .8 ohm single coil on and holy shit. I'll post some pics. The stingray is maybe an inch taller than the 18650 battery. It's the same size as my buddy's mod in 18350 mode.

Yup, it's awesome.

I personally set my Kayfun to .5 ohms which is a bit low but with a Stingray and Cuttwood Unicorn Milk e-juice in it, it's my favorite vape.

Fixed1979

Any chance someone could recommend a couple Canadian sites for juice? The samples I received with my starter kit are running very low and I'm not 100% sure where to go from here.

highrider

Banned
Hey wanted to give a thumbs up to Five Pawns. It's expensive, but oh so good. Grandmaster, which is a peanut butter, banana with a touch of caramel, i keep coming back to it. I'm using a mvp with a pro tank and this is the best flavor I've experienced using ecigs.

Hey wanted to give a thumbs up to Five Pawns. It's expensive, but oh so good. Grandmaster, which is a peanut butter, banana with a touch of caramel, i keep coming back to it. I'm using a mvp with a pro tank and this is the best flavor I've experienced using ecigs.

been vaping Lucena (peach cobbler w/dark rum), perpetual check (black currant, sweet fig, barley and cinnamon), and castle long lately. all very good vapes from 5p

5P and lazarus vintage have been my "jam" for weeks now.

been smokin caramel, i hate caramel(in candy or in general), but in e- liquid it is amazing for me. have cinnamon, peppermint, and some black cherry crap. all taste like shit except the caramel. it's gonna be a process for me to find a liquid to set me off. these are all 100% vg though. can anyone give me flavors to try.

daw840

Well, now that I have a mech mod with a RDA I am also in search of some awesome 100% VG juices. Some real premium shit....any suggestions?

Got my Helios clone in from FastTech yesterday. Performing nicely and looks awesome.

But the o rings are shit, cap comes off very easily. Can someone point me in the direction of a good site with replacement rings?

Nevermind, found a pack on eBay.

BlackWaltz

lotta black folks here
Any chance someone could recommend a couple Canadian sites for juice? The samples I received with my starter kit are running very low and I'm not 100% sure where to go from here.

I've only been vaping for a month, but I've been getting my juice from canadaejuice. Nothing fancy, but I've been satisfied with the flavours I've tried so far(coconut candy, pineapple, bavarian cream and sweet tarts). Also, (at least if you're in Ontario) the shipping is fast, been getting it next day pretty much every time.

I had been planning on buying The Standard's Curious Jorge from Vapor North, but they were out of mini Protank 2s when I went to order this past weekend, so I ended up just getting sweet tarts from canadaejuice. They seem to be one of the few(only?) places in Canada selling Standard ejuice.

Fixed1979

I've only been vaping for a month, but I've been getting my juice from canadaejuice. Nothing fancy, but I've been satisfied with the flavours I've tried so far(coconut candy, pineapple, bavarian cream and sweet tarts). Also, (at least if you're in Ontario) the shipping is fast, been getting it next day pretty much every time.

I had been planning on buying The Standard's Curious Jorge from Vapor North, but they were out of mini Protank 2s when I went to order this past weekend, so I ended up just getting sweet tarts from canadaejuice. They seem to be one of the few(only?) places in Canada selling Standard ejuice.

Awesome, thanks! I ordered a couple sampler packs and clearomizers from VaperNorth to test them out.

Pete Rock

It's so... it's so beautiful! If you will allow me a bit of a flight of fancy, modern mods and tanks and the colored juices and the entire functionality of the package really seem like some kind of science fiction to me when compared to the caveman level analog delivery method. Absolutely love it! That M-tank is sick and the condensation in the clear drip tip looks really neat as well.

So true.

I wish the tip was a hair shorter, but whatever.

I just wish I had a cool colored juice to put in it. Damn unicorn milk, they need to figure out how to make it dark pink again.

Bought a bunch of stuff off the ECF classifieds this week. Got the Castle Long for dirt cheap, and the guy was basically giving away Pluid. As cool as it looks, its the worst thing I've ever tasted in my entire life. Absolutely disgusting.

Question:

I vape 12mg but got a good deal on some juices that I want to try in 6mg.

So how can I make this 6mg stronger?

My sweet spot with the 12mg is around 1.5ohm single coil.

So.... if I make (2) 3.0 coils, that will make the dual-coil setup read 1.5ohm..... will that feel "stronger" because it is a dual coil build? ... or will it feel the same as a 1.5ohm single coil?

So option two would be to make (2) 1.5ohm coils with a final output of .75 and that should give me a "stronger" vape?

daw840

Question:

I vape 12mg but got a good deal on some juices that I want to try in 6mg.

So how can I make this 6mg stronger?

My sweet spot with the 12mg is around 1.5ohm single coil.

So.... if I make (2) 3.0 coils, that will make the dual-coil setup read 1.5ohm..... will that feel "stronger" because it is a dual coil build? ... or will it feel the same as a 1.5ohm single coil?

So option two would be to make (2) 1.5ohm coils with a final output of .75 and that should give me a "stronger" vape?

I think if you have a nice RDA and Mech mod you should make a dual coil sub ohm build. Be careful though with what kind of batteries your using. Everyone I know that delves into sub ohm builds thinks that the 12 mg is way way too strong at those levels. They all vape 6 mg.

Top Bottom