• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Got an iClear 30b. Performance is about on par with my Pro Tank 3. Flavour is a bit worse, vapour is a bit better. But I've been lucky with my Pro Tank as it hasn't gurgled, spat or leaked once.

I got it off of my Facebook group buy group, we closed off our Blackhawk group buy last week but there might be some stragglers if you wanna hop on https://www.facebook.com/groups/cloneattack/.

The runner won't disclose the manufacturer so we won't get poached but I got my Panzer from the another group buy in the group from the same manufacturer and its spot on to the original aside from a "too tight delrin" on the floating pin which had to be sanded out. The manufacturer is working it out for the Blackhawks.

I'm in. Looking through the history upsets me that I missed that stuff.

I'll be checking everyday for new group buys.

that's probably most of your problem. 32 gauge wouldn't be generating much heat and you'd have very few wraps to get down in those lower resistance builds.

if you aren't in the 7-9 wrap area with a coil, depending on the diameter, you're not going to have a lot of surface area. your vape is going to suffer

if you want to use 32 gauge, you'd be forced to do a triple or quad wrap to get a decent coil out of it. anything less i wouldn't personally bother with

Funny thing is I'm getting better flavor (I'm just talking flavor, the clouds are thick from both) out of the Kayfun single-coil (1.8 ohm microcoil) than the dripper dual coil (1.1 ohm).

daw840

I got it off of my Facebook group buy group, we closed off our Blackhawk group buy last week but there might be some stragglers if you wanna hop on https://www.facebook.com/groups/cloneattack/.

The runner won't disclose the manufacturer so we won't get poached but I got my Panzer from the another group buy in the group from the same manufacturer and its spot on to the original aside from a "too tight delrin" on the floating pin which had to be sanded out. The manufacturer is working it out for the Blackhawks.

I sent a request to join! Hopefully I make the cut....lol

stingrays can be purchased from fasttech. crown RDA isn't even in the top epsilon of drippers right now. there will be others

as far as you flavor from the kayfun vs dripper, again, you probably don't have the right build on your dripper.

what kind of dripper are you using? drippers are more for sub-ohm, high heat to really maximize the flavor. im not really trying to sell you on drippers btw. i used to subscribe to the same belief until i found the right build on my dripper that really pushed it over the top.

for flavor and convenience, i run either an Aqua or a Taifun GT. way better than a kayfun for flavor

That seems like a fairly ridiculous stance based on the variety of drippers available. I'm not saying the difference would be night and day, but I think its easily discernable.

Its a stance that my wallet really likes.

I'm just not interested in spending a lot of money trying out different RDAs because some of them are ungodly expensive for a deck, some posts, screws, and a cap.

I will, however, experiment with different clones. I have an Helios clone on the way.

I'm sure there are some out there that perform better than my IGO-W. I'm just not willing to search the world and spend the money looking for one.

On another note:

My Trident clone still tastes like metal. Soaking in Vodka overnight helped a little.

What else could I try?

I got a Tobeco stingray, something isn't making contact somewhere and it won't fire (button batteries or flat tops).

Sigh. Clones. $250 mechanicals are still overpriced, though. My machinist friends agree.

I got a Tobeco stingray, something isn't making contact somewhere and it won't fire (button batteries or flat tops).

Sigh. Clones. $250 mechanicals are still overpriced, though. My machinist friends agree.

What kind of batteries are you using? All Stingrays seem to have an issue where certain types of batteries like the MNKE series won't make contact because of the shape of the contacts. Some people have shaved off some of the plastic in their batteries to better accommodate the fit and it seems to work, I don't really want to go through the trouble but my Sonys work just fine on my Infinite. The MNKE won't though.

DaFish

What kind of batteries are you using? All Stingrays seem to have an issue where certain types of batteries like the MNKE series won't make contact because of the shape of the contacts. Some people have shaved off some of the plastic in their batteries to better accommodate the fit and it seems to work, I don't really want to go through the trouble but my Sonys work just fine on my Infinite. The MNKE won't though.

Iv had the same issues with Orbtronics as well, Sonys work as well as AWs

daw840

So....based on the reviews and talk in this thread, I think I'm gonna pick up a Taifun. Which one should I get? Any reputable dealers?

The 22 dollar fast tech version is good otherwise get the hcigar one.

I just ordered a magma RDA and an origen clone. I'll let you know what I think

Just received 2 different flavors from Lazarus vintage. Check them out

This Nautilus fucking blows.

Everything is a very warm and dry vape. As dry as the day is long.

No matter what voltage/wattage dry dry dry and warm.

Cleaned it out and refilled it. Same shit.

Flavor is terrible.

I guess I can try the other head that came with it. I don't know. I can probably get more money for it with the other head brand new. This sucks.

I wanted to try out Lazarus Vintage but that shipping price killed it for me.

I ordered a Magma clone too along with a Quasar clone, looking forward to throwing em on my Panzer since they look quite sexy on it.

There's HanaModz clones and V3 Flip clones now too, China is getting ruthless. The V3 Flip clone is too expensive but I'll be hopping on a HanaModz clone group buy soon.

This Nautilus fucking blows.

Everything is a very warm and dry vape. As dry as the day is long.

No matter what voltage/wattage dry dry dry and warm.

Cleaned it out and refilled it. Same shit.

Flavor is terrible.

I guess I can try the other head that came with it. I don't know. I can probably get more money for it with the other head brand new. This sucks.
I have heard that the Nautilus heads vary in quality. Seems like kind of a big flaw for something that expensive, so I wouldn't buy one unless you want to build your own (assuming it's relatively easy).

heard the hana modz clones could be awhile before people actually receive them

these lazarus flavors aren't too bad, but i wouldn't put them up with five pawns. not yet anyway

Looking at Taifun GT. People raving about flavor with organic cotton.

Thing I'm not getting is how this would perform any differently than a Kanger Protank with my choice of coil, bored out wick channels, and cotton wicking?

Looking at Taifun GT. People raving about flavor with organic cotton.

Thing I'm not getting is how this would perform any differently than a Kanger Protank with my choice of coil, bored out wick channels, and cotton wicking?

it really comes down to your coil options and if your wick can keep up with your coil. even if you bored out the protank to accommodate more options, you still wouldn't have the same options available to you with a taifun. it would definitely be better than a stock protank.

taifuns can be purchased for about $19. really no reason not to have one i think

it really comes down to your coil options and if your wick can keep up with your coil. even if you bored out the protank to accommodate more options, you still wouldn't have the same options available to you with a taifun. it would definitely be better than a stock protank.

taifuns can be purchased for about $19. really no reason not to have one i think

I'm going to pick one up, I think, if I can find a good quality clone from a solid vendor at a decent price (recommendations welcome, I see some for $33+ on eBay. I was mostly trying to make sure I understood the physics of it or if it were doing something different than I thought.

But yeah I've filed out the wick channels on Protank coil housings and stuck much higher diameter coils inside and fatter, fluffier cotton wick. I can do it in about 10 minutes actually.

That's not terrible. I'm not sure how long you've been doing that, but wicking and coiling a taifun takes about 4 minutes for me, but then again I have a routine and have been doing so for months.

I've tried 3 differnt manufacturers of the taifun clone and they were all capable. Just try to find one that has the insulator in the 510 connection and you'll be fine.

That's not terrible. I'm not sure how long you've been doing that, but wicking and coiling a taifun takes about 4 minutes for me, but then again I have a routine and have been doing so for months.

I've tried 3 differnt manufacturers of the taifun clone and they were all capable. Just try to find one that has the insulator in the 510 connection and you'll be fine.

OK.

Filing out the coil housing in a protank cartridge is something you only have to do once. From then on I can dry burn and rewick in about one minute and do a full recoil/rewick in less than five. Honestly it's sometimes faster to recoil a Kanger than to rebuild an RDA because I can deal with the center pin and gasket on the Kanger faster than fiddling with tiny screws and caps.

Broseybrose

My Aqua finally came. Finished boiling it with soap and drying it out. Im about to do my first build on it, and my first dual coil build ever. I'll be using 28ga with a 2.5mm diameter to my wraps, and 3mm cotton core Ekowool.

Ideally I would like each coil to be 1 ohm, so it totals at 0.5ohms. Im going to go look for that chart to see how many wraps...

jdforge

Banned
I bought a box full of tricks from a gaffer over a year ago and I'm on day 3 of vaping. I bought an ego c twist and got to say I'm really liking it.

Have just bought some new juices. Glad to see the back of stinking ciggies :)

Broseybrose

So I am currently vaping my first dual coil build ever; on my new Aqua and filled it up with some Ahlusion Vurley Tobacco.

I wanted two 0.5ohm coils for a total of 1ohm, but ended up with a total of 0.4ohms. I thought I did the math right, but whatever. I have never vaped like this before.

Its not only because of the chimney design, but the sub-half-ohm and the dual coils, plus the adjustable airflow AND adjustable juice flow, PLUS the fact that it looks so amazing in hybrid mode with my Origin.

I'm also using the purple 35amp 2500mah efest batteries for maximum juice and I'm just blown away by the flavor and vapor. And throat hit. This thing is officially a beast and I'm pretty awed.

Chopper

I am failing at microcoils.

I'm using .20 mm Kanthal, and am using 2 mm and 2.5mm drill bits.

The coils I'm wrapping just aren't tight enough. The wraps don't touch, and no amount of heating them will make them stick together. I'm wrapping about 7 times, and getting over 3 Ohm resistance every single time. This is beginning to piss me off, cos the performance of what I'm building is simply not good enough.

The coils I'm wrapping just aren't tight enough. The wraps don't touch, and no amount of heating them will make them stick together. I'm wrapping about 7 times, and getting over 3 Ohm resistance every single time. This is beginning to piss me off, cos the performance of what I'm building is simply not good enough.

the lower the gauge the kanthal is, the easier it will be to wrap

stop trying to have your torch + tweezers doing so much of the work. how tight your wrap will be is directly dependent to how tightly you wrap on your bit

i'm going to be selling my trident v2 and my Origen RDA. probably need to buy another Aqua as one of my hana modz just hates the thing. annoying because i prefer the copper one

daw840

the lower the gauge the kanthal is, the easier it will be to wrap

stop trying to have your torch + tweezers doing so much of the work. how tight your wrap will be is directly dependent to how tightly you wrap on your bit

i'm going to be selling my trident v2 and my Origen RDA. probably need to buy another Aqua as one of my hana modz just hates the thing. annoying because i prefer the copper one

Hey man. I would be interested in both if you're getting rid of them. Let me know.

Any reason you don't like them?

I torch mine with a butane torch before wrapping. Makes it less springy.

So I have been an on and off again vaper for about a year now. Most of the time I just default back to smoking because there a number of things I'm not to fond of when it comes to vaping. To start off, all I have been using is Tsunami Battery and tanks(clearomizers?) with non removable wicks that I got at my local tobacco store, with their cheap juices.

One is that when i go back to vaping after smoking analogs, the hit makes me cough like crazy the first couple times.

Two,is that no matter how hard I seem to suck on the thing, I'm not getting that thick throat hit that comes from an analog, which is one of the things I like most about smoking.

The other thing I like most about smoking, is the smoke, or in this case, the vapor. There just like is none.

Three, juices. I've been reading some of the pages here and I think I might try a couple of places that you guys have listed here. But I need a nice tobacco flavor, which I haven't found yet.

So my questions for you, and this is as a noobie, what should I be looking at for a decent throaty hit, decent vapor and preferably either has easily changeable wics, or are cheap enough that buying a new tank every couple weeks wouldn't break the bank.

Preferably that I might be able to pick up local. I know where I bought my kit originally they carry Ego twist, would that be a decent battery? They have this thing too. Is it any good? What does variable voltage on the battery actually do for the hit?

So yeah, any advice would be great

Broseybrose

If you can find 2 EGO Twists and some EVOD clearomizers (probably much the most popular batteries and clearos in the world right now) then grab them because that is pretty standard equipment and can be had for <$50.

Then you can begin hunting for juice! For a first tobacco juice Id recommend Blend 4 from Alien Visions eLiquid.

daw840

So I have been an on and off again vaper for about a year now. Most of the time I just default back to smoking because there a number of things I'm not to fond of when it comes to vaping. To start off, all I have been using is Tsunami Battery and tanks(clearomizers?) with non removable wicks that I got at my local tobacco store, with their cheap juices.

One is that when i go back to vaping after smoking analogs, the hit makes me cough like crazy the first couple times.

Two,is that no matter how hard I seem to suck on the thing, I'm not getting that thick throat hit that comes from an analog, which is one of the things I like most about smoking.

The other thing I like most about smoking, is the smoke, or in this case, the vapor. There just like is none.

Three, juices. I've been reading some of the pages here and I think I might try a couple of places that you guys have listed here. But I need a nice tobacco flavor, which I haven't found yet.

So my questions for you, and this is as a noobie, what should I be looking at for a decent throaty hit, decent vapor and preferably either has easily changeable wics, or are cheap enough that buying a new tank every couple weeks wouldn't break the bank.

Preferably that I might be able to pick up local. I know where I bought my kit originally they carry Ego twist, would that be a decent battery? They have this thing too. Is it any good? What does variable voltage on the battery actually do for the hit?

So yeah, any advice would be great

If you can find 2 EGO Twists and some EVOD clearomizers (probably much the most popular batteries and clearos in the world right now) then grab them because that is pretty standard equipment and can be had for <$50.

Then you can begin hunting for juice! For a first tobacco juice Id recommend Blend 4 from Alien Visions eLiquid.

Listen to this man! Also check out the OP. Option 1 seems right up your alley!

Once you get the right setup, you'll hate it when you slide back to analogs.....

Rizific

i was honestly just like this when i started vaping on a ego twist+tank. it just wasnt cutting it for me and i would still regularly smoke analogs. i didnt come completely off analogs until i made the switch to mechanical mods. its a much more satisfying vape imo. however it is a bit more costly and may seem confusing at first. but theres really not much to it. i found success switching to mech mods, so thats what id personally recommend.

Pete Rock

one of my local shops has a Philippine mango (that is available with menthol) that is incredibly good. taste just like biting into a fresh mango. its from vape chemist and is called PimP.
Just filled up my freshly rebuilt ZAP with Adic's Burn Green Mango... why did I ever leave you? I can vape 5mls of this a day, it tastes like fucking cannnnndy oh my god

Is it a legit one or a clone from Mild? My clone needs to come in!
Its a clone. Construction is decent. Threads could be better. The design of this dripper is just fantastic. Can get a bit messy at times bit having the ability to fill it and last a 30 minute car ride is ridiculous.

I think the dome cap + the air coming directly under the coils makes this a home run

Kayfun Light Plus FAIL.

I've built tons of builds on my KFL+ and never had a problem. Always filled from the fill hole on the bottom.

You know how terrible it is to fill these things with eye dropper bottles so today I decided to just fill the KFL+ (after a new build) before screwing the top cap on, to avoid having to use the eye dropper tip to fill from bottom.

What a mess. The second I screwed the top cap on juice started pouring out of the air hole. The pressure must have been all jacked up. Took forever of sucking and blowing and cleaning up to get the thing working properly.

Never again. Bottom fill hole forever.

-----------

I went ahead and ordered some Unicorn Milk 2.0 that isn't pink and won't instantly kill you. Wow, this is a tasty juice. It came vape-able but it was a real clear color and tasted like it should sit for a little bit. About a week later, its a nice light caramel color and the strawberry really came out. I love this juice. Highly recommend it.

if you're top filling a kayfun, you need to flip the atty upside as soon as you catch the oring and quickly finish screwing until tight. the way you did it, the column of air left in the atty pushed the juice up into the atomizing chamber and out through the air hole.

if you need to clear out a flooded chamber, flip the unit upside down, put a paper towel next to the air hole, then blow into the drip tip while its upside down. this will clear out the chamber while keeping the remaining juice at the top of the atomizer (which is now the bottom because you flipped it upside down)

i assume you can tell ive done this hundreds of times. the 3.1 kayfun is hard to find a tip that fits in the air hole so i had to come up with a process that works every time.

if you're top filling a kayfun, you need to flip the atty upside as soon as you catch the oring and quickly finish screwing until tight. the way you did it, the column of air left in the atty pushed the juice up into the atomizing chamber and out through the air hole.

if you need to clear out a flooded chamber, flip the unit upside down, put a paper towel next to the air hole, then blow into the drip tip while its upside down. this will clear out the chamber while keeping the remaining juice at the top of the atomizer (which is now the bottom because you flipped it upside down)

i assume you can tell ive done this hundreds of times. the 3.1 kayfun is hard to find a tip that fits in the air hole so i had to come up with a process that works every time.

Good tips. Thanks

Kayfun Light Plus FAIL.

I've built tons of builds on my KFL+ and never had a problem. Always filled from the fill hole on the bottom.

You know how terrible it is to fill these things with eye dropper bottles so today I decided to just fill the KFL+ (after a new build) before screwing the top cap on, to avoid having to use the eye dropper tip to fill from bottom.

What a mess. The second I screwed the top cap on juice started pouring out of the air hole. The pressure must have been all jacked up. Took forever of sucking and blowing and cleaning up to get the thing working properly.

Never again. Bottom fill hole forever.

-----------

I went ahead and ordered some Unicorn Milk 2.0 that isn't pink and won't instantly kill you. Wow, this is a tasty juice. It came vape-able but it was a real clear color and tasted like it should sit for a little bit. About a week later, its a nice light caramel color and the strawberry really came out. I love this juice. Highly recommend it.

Yup, its my favorite juice to vape on a Kayfun, don't quite like it on a dripper though.

Top Bottom