• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

That red haired guy who's the blondes partner looks horrible. He is the only one who I think is badly designed. Lightning's character model? Just beautiful. Amazingly detailed.

But I pray this game is not as super linear as FFX. This is just a demo so I'm not going by this video but I really, really hope it isn't.

AranhaHunter said:
Link? And even if they did, I don't believe them, they haven't even started working on the 360 port yet.

Kitase just said so last week in the OPM interview. Europe will get the game within six months of the JP launch, which sort of implies NA will get it in that time frame as well. He seems to be the few straight talkers on the team so I'm willing to believe him.

AranhaHunter said:
Link? And even if they did, I don't believe them, they haven't even started working on the 360 port yet.

it's in an interview in OPM
they're working on the US/EU versions of FFXIII PS3, so i imagine they're also working on the 360 version

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
so i'm watching a live stream, and i keep getting the feeling that if there was going to be an FFVII remake this is what it'd look like ..

also, yeah there really needs to be an animation skip option because the battles seem to take their sweet time.

ezekial45

Banned
My question got lost last page, so i'll ask again.

Does this game still have LVLs? Or is it gonna go the way of this new system thats similar to the sphere grid.

inner-G

Banned
Yeah, in the new interview, he says something along the lines of 'we know Europe gets screwed and has to wait, blah blah, this generation we want to move toward a worldwide release blah blah'

He says it should be out in English in 6 months.

adamsapple

Deadly Monk said:
People who believe every word in an interview. It's obviously being worked on right now.

the OPM preview had a quote from the Square guy saying that they're "actively working on the Pal version of the game" which would naturally also mean the 360 version.

He says it should be out in English in 6 months.

still too long :(

Kyoufu

Blame! said:
ugh the combat doesnt look at all like anything they showed for the CG trailer where the chick was doing all these crazy matrix moves with her gun.

totally killzone trailered. :(

ITS A FUCKING DEMO

WITH FOUR ATTACKS

AT THE START OF THE GAME

Blame!

Kyoufu said:
Why are you showing me this? The battles being shown aren't from the location used in the demo.

Keep trying.

if you think combat is going to look anything like it does in this trailer in the space station environment or whatever, you are delusional.

Blame! said:
if you think combat is going to look anything like it does in this trailer in the space station environment or whatever, you are delusional.

they'll probably limit the over-the-top camera angles to special skills etc, rather than every single move

Kyoufu

Blame! said:

Please show me where I said it would.

I'm merely saying you're comparing Lightning's skill-set from the beginning of the game to a target render that is more likely from a fully-equipped version of Lightning.

Try harder.

Darkpen

Banned
Blame! said:
ugh the combat doesnt look at all like anything they showed for the CG trailer where the chick was doing all these crazy matrix moves with her gun.

totally killzone trailered. :(

let me refresh your memory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvyHcBzetrk
:lol :lol :lol

Are you stupid or something? That was an early version of the combat system that got simplified to what we're presented here. Not to mention, we might yet see more intricate animations with massive payload onscreen damage. As has been said, its a demo of what's most likely the beginning of the game. Are you serious?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
By the looks of this one, the official PS360 thread of this game will be fucking insane.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Deadly Monk said:
The battle music really reminds me of a Gackt song. That's scary.

Kyoufu said:
I...don't see the similarities...

He used to use more violins. Unlike his weaker and less creative new songs.

picture12k.png

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

(I'm just glad it's in shipping process. >_>)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Fuu said:
By the looks of this one, the official PS360 thread of this game will be fucking insane.
I just hope the versions are identical or there will be a lot of 'inferior version' clusterfuck comments.

Rpgmonkey

Fuu said:

First twenty pages are going to be dozens of comparison pics and people constantly asking "which version of the game is the best?" over and over again despite it being answered several times.

Really looking forward to it...

Kyoufu

entrydenied said:
He used to use more violins. Unlike his weaker and less creative new songs.

Nice. So having violins = Gackt song vibe

just like having guns in End of Eternity = Parasite Eve vibe

fucking vibes :(

MrDenny

Just wondering. Did they redo the part where lightning eye twitches and is about to fight the mech-scorpion boss from CG into In-Game?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
picture12k.png

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

(I'm just glad it's in shipping process. >_>)

Mine's also:) This is surprising since I only ordered from them 1 and a half days ago. Should reach by friday or saturday:)

Rpgmonkey said:
First twenty pages are going to be dozens of comparison pics and people constantly asking "which version of the game is the best?" over and over again despite it being answered several times.

Really looking forward to it...
I suppose we could either ban people from asking or create an entire thread for people who are merely keen to compare and not actually play the game.

Darkpen

Banned
Okay GAF, be honest:

Did you squeal when Lightning had her back to the camera, and she twirled her sword into its sheath? :lol

Kyoufu

Darkpen said:
Okay GAF, be honest:

Did you squeal when Lightning had her back to the camera, and she twirled her sword into its sheath? :lol

Yeah I loved it.

But nothing makes me squeal as much as Firaga and Blizzaga. Can't wait to see Flare, Mega Flare, Ultima......

aceface

I'm only getting the slightest taste of it here, but Final Fantasy in HD is going to be freakin' epic. I can't wait. Buying a PS3 for this game.

mujun

felt compelled to say to those that bought the demo rather than spending that money on an import asian copy of demons souls suck ;)

mr_nothin

Banned
I hate everything that's not in the battle system.

The running just looks so goofy, especially with the low angle. I dont like how it looks like you should be playing the game like that. They could at least give sweeping camera angles and such.

But yea, it's a demo. Hopefully its more like FFXII than FFX even though I thoroughly enjoyed FFX but I really dont like it here.

We will see in due time.

adamsapple

so, uh, yeah the demo didn't seem all that glorious and was nothing more than a battle arena with about 3 cutscenes which will eventually be ripped on youtube in HD anyway.

it's kinda strange people willingly spend great amounts of cash in importing things like this ..

Kyoufu

chandoog said:
so, uh, yeah the demo didn't seem all that glorious and was nothing more than a battle arena with about 3 cutscenes which will eventually be ripped on youtube in HD anyway.

it's kinda strange people willingly spend great amounts of cash in importing things like this ..

As amazing as it looks I don't regret skipping the demo. Going to buy Demon's Souls instead which looks delicious.

Top Bottom