• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

antipode

This game looks like a lot of fun... I love the little character moments between Sazh and Lightning that show their friendship.

For the complaints on this thread - I think a demo is way too early to be judging how field actions might get complex and character progression works.

inner-G

Banned
ad-1.jpg

:D

Dont worry guys, the X360 version will come later on because its being superiorized.

Wow, that video from justin.. thats exactly what is gonna look like on ps3 right? ewww

I threw up in my mouth. I dont know how you trolls can do it. Im going to take a shower and on to bed. Fuck you all, FFXIII will be amazing on whatever system you experience it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I guess my expectations were too high. I thought we were going to be getting some half hour to an hour long bit of awesome never before seen FF goodness, but instead it was just a few corridors of fights that we've seen in released media countless times, and a majorly gimped version of the battle system.

At the very least this validates my decision to not spend my dollars importing.

I mean, I'm sure the final game will be great, and I'm not making and judgments on its overall quality, but yeah, this demo is underwhelming.

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
Im going to take a shower and on to bed. Fuck you all, FFXIII will be amazing on whatever system you experience it.

We're all assholes in real life too (chicks dig us).

Darkpen

Banned
Awntawn said:
it's a demo
I dunno, I wouldn't be surprised if that went unchanged :/

mr_nothin said:
I hate everything that's not in the battle system.

The running just looks so goofy, especially with the low angle. I dont like how it looks like you should be playing the game like that. They could at least give sweeping camera angles
and such.

But yea, it's a demo. Hopefully its more like FFXII than FFX even though I thoroughly enjoyed FFX but I really dont like it here.

We will see in due time.
Really? I think its smart of them to not put you straight in the center of the camera, makes the game far more dynamic to look at. Golden ratio and all that jazz. Also, I'm sure they'll be giving sweeping camera angles, too. For a moment, it looks like they take the camera away from you for an overhead sweep as you run through the scenery.

mujun said:
felt compelled to say to those that bought the demo rather than spending that money on an import asian copy of demons souls suck ;)
shit's on backorder, man :/

Despite the fact that my two support characters had infinite health and were constantly healing me, I actually managed to die during Snow's part :(

Darkpen

Banned
AndriaSang said:
Despite the fact that my two support characters had infinite health and were constantly healing me, I actually managed to die during Snow's part :(
lol, that sucks D:
flintstryker said:
The music is fucking weak.
gaf seems pretty divided about the music. I, for one, think its fucking epic. Not so happy about the way they handle transitions, though :( I feel like its gonna get repetitive after the first 3 hours.

Dont worry guys, the X360 version will come later on because its being superiorized.

The 360 is so powerful and simple to work with that the game will practically construct itself without any of the flaws in the gimped ps3 build that we just witnessed.

Duke Togo

I know this much: I am going to upload videos of this demo set to Linkin Park to youtube, and you are all going to fucking love it.

inner-G

Banned
Hey, TOSE did a good job on the GBA ports, I'm sure they'll do fine on the 360 version too.

Nakazato

IM SO FUCKING HYPED NOW :D

but a quick question is it just me or dose it seem that you have one main to play while the other play around them are just support that you can not control ?

kenta

Has no PEINS
Wait what, there are haters already? Looks like another thread blackout for me, I hate when people Sharp Knees a game to death before I get a chance to play it for myself

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Nakazato said:
IM SO FUCKING HYPED NOW :D

but a quick question is it just me or dose it seem that you have one main to play while the other play around them are just support that you can not control ?
apparently that's only for this section of the game, in the final build you will control multiple characters

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
inner-G said:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f71/nikuluffy/ad-1.jpg
:D

Doesn't work without the bottom text modified (or readable).

I've finally watched some of the demo. I'm... well, the battle system looks fun, but I have to agree with Amir0x in my worries about the level design.

That said, Chocofro is t3h a3w5uM.

Ramenman

inner-G said:

I was going to flame you for "wtf is this the new killzone2.gif shit" until I realized it was probably made of one of those arrogant ads everyone used to have back in the day :D

Please provide the original file :)

looks really good to me.... somebody mention ME? This looks far better graphically (played ME on pc)...

versus cutscenes look almost cg like...

Final Fantasy versus XIII is definately only on PS3.

The video on the FFXIII demo said "FINAL FANTASY versus XIII for PLAYSTATION 3 ONLY Worldwide" Good news for PS3 owners and 360 owners who will be buying a PS3. :D

Boulayman

Ramenman said:
I was going to flame you for "wtf is this the new killzone2.gif shit" until I realized it was probably made of one of those arrogant ads everyone used to have back in the day :D

Please provide the original file :)

It's kinda famous ^^

47424528gl5le5.jpg

Btw, inner-G I like :lol

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Digital-Hero said:
Final Fantasy versus XIII is definately only on PS3.

The video on the FFXIII demo said "FINAL FANTASY versus XIII for PLAYSTATION 3 ONLY Worldwide" Good new for PS3 owners and 360 owners who will be buying a PS3. :lol

Didn't the FFXIII trailers say the same thing before E3 last year?

inner-G

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
Doesn't work without the bottom text modified (or readable).

I've finally watched some of the demo. I'm... well, the battle system looks fun, but I have to agree with Amir0x in my worries about the level design.

That said, Chocofro is t3h a3w5uM.
ad2.jpg

lol, any better?

Kyoufu

Regulus Tera said:
Didn't the FFXIII trailers say the same thing before E3 last year?

Almost. It said "For Playstation 3 Only". The "WorldWide" wording on Versus XIII indicates that they're keeping it exclusive, but nothing is for certain in this generation.

mr_nothin

Banned
Kyoufu said:
Almost. It said "For Playstation 3 Only". The "WorldWide" wording on Versus XIII indicates that they're keeping it exclusive, but nothing is for certain in this generation.
Well Microsoft has to announce something big this E3......

XIII looks great as I expected it to. I am however, more hyped for VS at this point. To bad we know virtually nothing about it. Any chance we will see new footage or get new info at E3 on VS? I sure hope so..

inner-G

Banned
BlueSummers said:
XIII looks great as I expected it to. I am however, more hyped for VS at this point. To bad we know virtually nothing about it. Any chance we will see new footage or get new info at E3 on VS? I sure hope so..
We'll probably be able to buy the demo after XIII launches worldwide.

CHRP718

Banned
BlueSummers said:
I'm sure Square is going to be at the Sony E3 press conference.

neptunes

I wouldn't mind Versus on the 360

I hope they actually consider it, seeing as how the vanilla FF13 version will raise awareness of Final Fantasy on the 360, I believe versus would sell more than ff13-360 if given the chance.

Money left on the table.

Is there anywhere I can listen to the main theme?

Top Bottom