• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Versus has always been the more interesting of the two (well, three, technically) FFXIII games to me. The setting is so much more interesting than the usual futuristic-tech/medieval rotation the FF series has been on for so long.

erm... what is the setting of Versus?

all we've seen so far doesn't seem to suggest much beyond "same world, more leather/zippers" ?

"I believe Halo 3 can be done on the PS3, it's also money left on the table."

indeed, MS missed out big time there.

N30RYU

j76clf.png

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
WhiteAce said:

all we've seen so far doesn't seem to suggest much beyond "same world, more leather/zippers" ?

indeed, MS missed out big time there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdmMrUTASH8

The character design is, of course, very typical. I'm talking about the world. The road heading into the ocean, the city scapes, the giant aquariums inside the sky-scraper with glass windows overlooking the night city, that shit just does it for me. I haven't really seen anything, that I can recall at the moment anyway, that pulls off that look as well as Versus looks to.

Although as I watch the trailer again, the character animation is kinda shitty in comparison to a game like MGS4 or RE5, and the cinematic flair isn't quite their in the non CG scene. But I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, it's still got a lot of time left in the oven.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
WhiteAce said:

Edit: Nevermind, see Zanasea's post below.

ZephyrFate said:
Whatever happened to Haeresis XIII?
I'm assuming it was either canceled or they postponed development when they could barely finish the other three games.

That or it could be the name of the new MMO they're making.

Does anyone have it yet? I am going to be picking it up tomorrow after work and having a couple of friends over to drink beer and play it together.

Was hoping the old man down the street would sell it to me early like he did SF4 and RgG3 but some other guy answered the phone and told me tomorrow. :(

GothPunk

To my fellow EuroGAFers, it's pretty much confirmed now that the ACC BD is region free. Looking at that blog that jiggle linked to with the unboxing pictures, I'm not seeing any region code on the back of the box.

So glad I pre-ordered :D

Zanasea

Nirolak said:
To my understanding all the Fabula Nova Crystallis games are in the same world, just different timelines. Agito is in the past, Versus is in a present day like world, and XIII is in the future.
No, they all take place in completely different worlds that have nothing in common, except their mythology (the so-called "Fabula Nova Crystallis").

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Darunia said:
this is useless, no battle footage.

is there a video that's low on cutscenes, heavy on actual gameplay? that stream doesn't work anymore

There are some links further up the page

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Zanasea said:
No, they all take place in completely different worlds that have nothing in common, except their mythology (the so-called "Fabula Nova Crystallis").
Just checked Wiki, you would definitely be right.

Though it's kind of unfortunate as I think the alternative would be quite interesting.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Nirolak said:
Just checked Wiki, you would definitely be right.

Though it's kind of unfortunate as I think the alternative would be quite interesting.
I think that there will inevitably be a little wink nudge moment or two in each game referencing the other. It's too easy an opportunity to pass up.

gantz85

Banned
I'm hoping someone puts up a torrent of the full playthrough in HD or at least a high resolution. And includes FFvXIII in it :D

I am friggin hungry for media and I can't access Youtube in China : (

mr_nothin

Banned
Rez said:
Versus has always been the more interesting of the two (well, three, technically) FFXIII games to me. The setting is so much more interesting than the usual futuristic-tech/medieval rotation the FF series has been on for so long.

Of course, FF characters spouting Shakespeare lines could be a recipe for disaster, but as of right now, from a pure visual design standpoint, I'm much more excited for Versus.
Yea, im tired of the scifi/medieval look now.

LOVING the look and feel of Versus though:D

Daante

gantz85 said:
I'm hoping someone puts up a torrent of the full playthrough in HD or at least a high resolution. And includes FFvXIII in it :D

Hope this aswell! , (kinda short on money atm and havent preorder this so high res videos will be my "food" for this in the coming days)

Yazus

Jesus christ, what an awesome game. Really. From the videos the game is TOTALLY loading free. TOTALLY. There is no loading whatsoever, no in battle no from location to location and even when a battle ends.

And it's awesome how the HUD appears just when you are in front of an enemy

Ashour

Dark FaZe said:
Please be good...haven't enjoyed FF since FFX back in 2001 :(

This.

I'm looking forward to reading your impressions, I think one of my friends will buy it so maybe I'll get the chance to play it my self.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
AndriaSang said:
I put up a couple of gameplay clips here:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blogs/anoop/2009/04/15/ffxiii_demo_videos_and_screens/

They're YouTubed, but they're embedded in high quality on the blog.

They'll be on IGN in slightly higher quality in just a bit.
Ah, I'm finally getting around to seeing videos of this.

Honestly really unimpressed. Don't like the transitions into the regular battles (do like the seamless transition into the boss battle...and at least the enemies are on the field, which is nice). Don't like the battle menu system with crap flying all over the screen constantly. Don't like that even regular basic attacks are apparently Advent Children-isized. Don't even really like the way it looks. The character animation is still more stiff and wonky in places than I was expecting, and the environment really doesn't impress me at all. That said, this is just one locale and we've already seen much much much more impressive environments in the game elsewhere, so I can accept that.

That said, I DO like the music. Good stuff.

Fortunately there's a lot of dev time still to go here, so I imagine a lot of the things I'm seeing that are turn offs right now are going to be addressed in one way or another between now and release. It IS an incomplete game, after all.

And who knows, maybe it's different when you're actually playing it. I'm sure Youtubed videos don't quite do it justice.

That said, Versus has me really really interested. I'm really intrigued by its world/setting. I just hope it has gameplay to match.

stuburns said:
Thanks, beautiful as always, a little disappointing though, I'd hoped they'd prepped a new trailer for it, this is from that Sigma thing I think, I remember Normura explaining the lack of voice acting.

The last trailer was better I think.

yeah i think they just stuck the cutscene on the end to actually show some ingame stuff, as oppose to making a cool looking trailer (like the last one)

Issun23

The italian titles and what they mean:

Il cammino per i cieli - The path to the skies
La morte e la dea - Death and the Goddess
[This I can't see]
Le memorie di morte - Memories of death

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I guess the console fanatics finally found this thread, I guess they are going crazy at the demo impressions. I'm just glad I'll be able to play the demo soon hopefully tomorrow or Friday and have my own impressions. BTW is media create tracking the sales of the blu-ray/demo combo ?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
a little too much focus on the Osaka Whore in those pictures above :p

i mean seriously, the fuck is going on with her lol, bra outside the shirt ?

edit : the disc has a PSP build agito trailer as well ?? ?? :eek:

SOMEONE YOUTUBE THAT !

Top Bottom