• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

Darkpen

Banned
The thing about Advent Children's story is that you actually get more out of the supplementary material than you do from the film itself. You're introduced to this new kid who you don't know about, Cloud's now doing deliveries on his bike and being depressed, there's some sort of disease that's infected people, and you're introduced to 3 of Sephiroth's clones who you really don't care too much about. I don't know what ACC adds ot changes, but it goes without saying that the film did a very poor job at present the world of FF7 to both newbies and fans alike, thus making it only enjoyable for the eyecandy. I don't understand the people that disagree with Cloud going "emo," but I find it to be a pretty realistic character development. The guy suffers a loss, but keeps chugging and goes on a high w/ his pals, kills Sephiroth, everyone goes their separate ways and go back to their normal lives, and Cloud ends up having lots of time on his hands to end up thinking about and regretting that he "let" Aeris die

:/

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I still don't understand some of the framerate complaints. It looks perfectly smooth in the direct feed videos.

jett

D-Member
lupinko said:
Actually critics hated AC (well the ones that review straight to video movies anyway :lol) more than TSW, and like what was already posted, TSW was praised by notable critics such as the aforementioned Roger Ebert.

"Critics" didn't really review AC as it didn't have a release on cinemas. AC would've definitely been blasted, though. :p

Only thing Ebert praised was the visuales. The graphics whore in him was enough to give the movie 3 1/2 stars. :p

I really like how FFXIII's battle system looks, but even though there's tons of shit going on it seems like a bit of a step back from FFXII's system towards evolving FFX's.

LiK

God's Beard said:
I really like how FFXIII's battle system looks, but even though there's tons of shit going on it seems like a bit of a step back from FFXII's system towards evolving FFX's.

thank gawd :)

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
dark10x said:
I still don't understand some of the framerate complaints. It looks perfectly smooth in the direct feed videos.
Didn't that just come about because that guy on justin.tv was like taking screenshots or something and whenever he did things got super choppy?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So, I was at work today, and my coworker informed me that I have exactly zero classes to teach tomorrow. So, that basically means that I'm going to go to work, clock in, walk to the game store, pick up ACC, have lunch, clock out, go home and play FFXIII.

Mwahahahahahaha:lol

megateto

My troubles with the gamevideos links seemed to be browser related... everything is fine with explorer (and not so much with Firefox).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Returners said:
Anyone gotten a copy yet? Me want to see the box, packaging etc.

We jgaffers get it tomorrow morning.

LiK

thetrin said:
So, I was at work today, and my coworker informed me that I have exactly zero classes to teach tomorrow. So, that basically means that I'm going to go to work, clock in, walk to the game store, pick up ACC, have lunch, clock out, go home and play FFXIII.

Mwahahahahahaha:lol

what do you teach? much respect :)

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
All that I ask is for Kagari to update the OP with the best available video feeds possible. I don't want to have to wade through 40+ pages of inane fanatics foaming at the mouth when I wake up tomorrow.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
speedpop said:
All that I ask is for Kagari to update the OP with the best available video feeds possible. I don't want to have to wade through 40+ pages of inane fanatics foaming at the mouth when I wake up tomorrow.

Once the HD feeds go up, they'll be linked in the OP.

Sectus

So when's the racist controversy for the game gonna start since the black character in the demo is shown as stereotypical comic relief?

Yazus said:
Demos cannot be non-linear. Their purpose is to show some features and let you see some cutscenes and gameplay. They cannot have full world map and stuff like that.

Saying that the Demo is linear is like asking why the Demo does not contain all the characters playable and the whole game
Medal of Honor: Airborne. Jagged Alliance 2. SWAT 4. Etc etc. There's quite a few demos out there which shows non-linear level design.

StuBurns

Banned
speedpop said:
Yeah, and I'd love any direct-feed Versus or Agito trailers to be on the first post as well, they are included in the 'trial version' after all.

So I was checking my email this morning for tracking on some car parts and I had noticed a email from play asia telling me that my order had shipped?! I FORGOT TO CANCEL THIS SINCE I ORDERED A BLACK CLOUD BUNDLE! :lol

Oh well, I've already found a buyer locally so it's all good. I guess I will have the chance to play it this weekend since it should arrive tomorrow.

Am I alone in my love for big budget, high-production value, turn based JRPGs? There aren't many of those around these days. :lol

FF/Mistwalker games are all I have left.

jett

D-Member
19.jpg.jpg

13.jpg.jpg

Seems they're using the same character models for gameplay and cut-scenes in this demo.

Did anyone else notice they turned the early FMV scene of close-up Lightning unsheathing her sword into real-time? :p I bet most of the FMV we've seen has been scrapped.

LiK

gregor7777 said:
Am I alone in my love for big budget, high-production value, turn based JRPGs? There aren't many of those around these days. :lol

i await the day when the Persona series goes next-gen...

Shadow780

For those who pre-ordered from NCSX:

PS3 Cloud Black Bundles on the way

Japanese distributors have shipped our PS3 Cloud Bundles last night along with the FFVII AC Limited Edition Blu-Rays. Both shipments are scheduled to arrive tomorrow and preorders are shipping out on Thursday. Please note however that some Cloud bundle shipments were sent from different vendors which have not pre-cleared through customs as of 11:23AM EST today. If they don't clear on time, there is a chance that some bundles may not arrive until Friday. Just a heads up to alert everyone of the split incoming shipments.

Looks like Friday for me, a good weekend indeed.

Alcahest

To anyone playing the ff13 demo on a US ps3, is the button mapping following traditional US games button mapping (O= Cancel, X=Select) ?
I know that's kinda new on the Sony TRC, but button mapping shouldn't be harcoded anymore, the console region should determine which scheme is applied.
All the devs have implemented this beautifully so far (i've been playing US games with jap button mapping since I got a jap PS3), just wondering if Square is following this too since it's their first ps3 game after all.

LaneDS

speedpop said:

That would be pretty excellent once the dust settles.

rhino4evr

gregor7777 said:

Judging by the size of the DEMO thread..i would say..No.

gregor7777 said:

No you're not. Random Battles 4EVA.

:D

Top Bottom