• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

dallow_bg

nods at old men
gregor7777 said:
Am I alone in my love for big budget, high-production value, turn based JRPGs? There aren't many of those around these days. :lol

FF/Mistwalker games are all I have left.
Dying breed.
I want more!

Lucis

ya... can't believe i cheapened out on shipping also..
what was i thinking paying 60$ for a demo then cheap out on shipping? someone shoot me

rhino4evr

gregor7777 said:
Well, I see many posts that don't seem in favor of the battle system.

There really is no winning a few people. The same people that complain that FFXII battle system sucked, will also complain how FFXIII system sucks. It's just what they do.

Personally, I thought FFXII BS was fine, I just thought the game was extremely lacking in fun.

I look forward to a more traditional battle system, and less of a MMO battle feel.

Watching the brief demo videos has sold me...now hopefully it doesnt take Sqaure another year to bring this out in America.

Has it been confirmed that the PS3 US game will be delayed to allow the 360 title to be created? I sure hope not. I could care less if the game goes multi-platform, but having to await another 6 months a year because of some Microsoft agreement would REALLY piss me off.

LiK

rhino4evr said:
Has it been confirmed that the PS3 US game will be delayed to allow the 360 title to be created? I sure hope not. I could care less if the game goes multi-platform, but having to await another 6 months a year because of some Microsoft agreement would REALLY piss me off.

yup, US simultaneous release for both consoles, i think.

edit: EU also

rhino4evr

LiK said:
yup, US simultaneous release for both consoles

that is SO ridiculous. We already know it will be coming to the 360, why should the PS3 owners have to wait??

I have a feeling we wont be seeing FFXIII in the US until January 2011. :(

Blimblim

The Inside Track
LiK said:
yup, US simultaneous release for both consoles
It doesn't mean that the game was actually delayed in the US to allow for the multiplatform release though. What's the usual delay between the JP and US release of a FF game?

LiK

Blimblim said:
It doesn't mean that the game was actually delayed in the US to allow for the multiplatform release though.

i never said that, i just know they will release them in the US/EU at the same time for both consoles. i dont think S-E ever said what the reason was. altho localizing this game is probably epic.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
LiK said:
what do you teach? much respect :)

I'm an english teacher. My job is actually finished this week, so after 3 years in Japan, I'm finally moving back to the states on the 24th. I'm still here JUST in time for ACC. ;D

LiK

thetrin said:
I'm an english teacher. My job is actually finished this week, so after 3 years in Japan, I'm finally moving back to the states on the 24th. I'm still here JUST in time for ACC. ;D

kewl :)

Blimblim said:
It doesn't mean that the game was actually delayed in the US to allow for the multiplatform release though. What's the usual delay between the JP and US release of a FF game?

Historically? 4-8 months. XII had one of the longest localization periods. US releases have pretty much always been in either October or November from what I recall.

lupinko

Blimblim said:

I think around 6 months or so?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'll make sure to have my impressions up on my blog tomorrow afternoon once I get my hands on the game. I'm really looking forward to it. :D

rhino4evr said:
that is SO ridiculous. We already know it will be coming to the 360, why should the PS3 owners have to wait??

You think they'd release it in Jan?

At least in NA, I remember X and XII being released later in the year. One in Nov, and one in Dec IIRC.

jett

D-Member
Blimblim said:

For FFX it was just 5 months. July 2001 - December 2001

For FFXII it was 7 months. March 2006 - October 2006 Probably delayed more than usual to be closer to the holiday season.

I hate this bullshit. Squeenix should actively translate their games while they're in development. If they're gonna take their sweet ass time translating XIII they better do accurate english lip-synching...

rhino4evr said:

Kitase said the whole world will get the game within six months of the JP release so it's still better than previous games, port or no port. And it's not like porting it to the 360 will be complicated or time consuming.

StuBurns

Banned
jett said:
I hate this bullshit. Squeenix should actively translate their games while they're in development. If they're gonna take their sweet ass time translating XIII they better do accurate english lip-synching...
SE were voice casting for the English FFXIII around the time of last years GDC. The delay this time around is more for the 360 port and just to put it out in the next fiscal year than localization I think.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
rhino4evr said:
looking forward to the endless retardedness of the PS3 Vs 360 screenshot thread...

And the agruements about multi-disc versus single disc. You know its going to happen.

gantz85

Banned
neojubei said:
And the agruements about multi-disc versus single disc. You know its going to happen.

There's no argument about that IMO. There's only a point to be made.

Couldn't care less about comparisons unless there's substantially different content for one version over another. If Microsoft buy exclusive DLC for FFXIII there will be epik meltdowns.

LiK

H_Prestige said:
Kitase said the whole world will get the game within six months of the JP release so it's still better than previous games, port or no port. And it's not like porting it to the 360 will be complicated or time consuming.

that's pretty good. maybe they're already recording the English voices. please have Tara Strong in the cast...

Somnia

So I just started playing FFVII again...this thread and the hype has made me want to play a FF game again. So I busted out VII. Almost did VIII or IX, but went with VII due to Advent Children :D

Gekko87

I'm having major buyers remorse for picking this shit up. Luckly it should come by at least friday.

Does anybody know if the demo is in 1080p?

StuBurns

Banned
Zanasea said:
Really? Even before the Japanese casting?
I don't know when the Japanese voice casting began so I have no idea.

But they said at that Crystal Tools talk they were voice casting the English people at the time.

neojubei

gantz85 said:
There's no argument about that IMO. There's only a point to be made.

Couldn't care less about comparisons unless there's substantially different content for one version over another. If Microsoft buy exclusive DLC for FFXIII there will be epik meltdowns.

I think Square said there will be no DLC for the game. I do see both Sony and MS doing special limited edition consoles in the US, maybe.

I hope Sony or someone funds a limited steelbook blu-ray case for the game.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Gekko87 said:
I'm having major buyers remorse for picking this shit up. Luckly it should come by at least friday.

Does anybody know if the demo is in 1080p?

Runs at 720p, but supports 1080i/p.

Tom Penny

gregor7777 said:
Well, I see many posts that don't seem in favor of the battle system.

Battle system seems fine. I don't like the hud layout. Too cluttered and I hate the "help" line they just throw acrross the whole screen. I also hope they create death animations or something at least when you defeat a boss. Just disappearing is pretty meh.

gantz85

Banned
H_Prestige said:

I'm not sure about NeoGAF's policy on copy pasting text from magazines, but I'm reading OPM now and here's the bullet points about the localization:

- All titles (not just FF XIII) are made with localization in mind now
- Localization staff consulted during development
- Previously serial completion: JP > US > EU (in that order)
- Now all three versions are moving simultaneously
- "We aim to release it within six months of the Japanese version."

LiK

gantz85 said:
I'm not sure about NeoGAF's policy on copy pasting text from magazines, but I'm reading OPM now and here's the bullet points about the localization:

- Localization staff consulted during development
- Previously serial completion: JP > US > EU (in that order)

YES!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
rhino4evr said:
6 months...I find it highly unlikely. Earliest we see it will be October/November 2010.

I'm curious to see if they'll release it in October like they did for XII just so they can get the holiday bump.

neojubei

gantz85 said:

- Localization staff consulted during development- Previously serial completion: JP > US > EU (in that order)

That's some good news. If FF13 comes out in December in Japan, North America will probably see the game in the spring.

Kagari said:
I'm curious to see if they'll release it in October like they did for XII just so they can get the holiday bump.

Always a possibility.

Top Bottom