• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
rhino4evr said:
They still haven't announced a 360 version in Japan right?

Right, it's just for PS3 in Japan presently, and they already said they're developing it as such, so people talking about downgrades can't really complain.

gantz85

Banned
dallow_bg said:
There was an Asian 360 version announced though.

That probably carries the Chinese language, and not Japanese.

If it carries Japanese, it adds to the case of FFXIII JP remaining as a PS3 exclusive.

LiK

inner-G said:
Any info on the changes from AC to ACC? How sexy is the HD transfer, etc?

i know there will be addtional scenes. but i will definitely report back on the changes and the quality of the video once i get it :)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
dallow_bg said:
There was an Asian 360 version announced though.
Microsoft clarifies.
When we contact Microsoft directly about whether or not Final Fantasy XIII will be getting an Asian version, Microsoft issued this statement: "There’s really no more to say than that as announced at E3, "Final Fantasy XIII" on Xbox 360 is scheduled for release in North America and Europe. There are no plans to release the game in any other region, including Asia."

I think we should stop talking about this :\

Bah, I knew UPS' shipping estimate was too generous. Play-Asia order is set to arrive on Friday instead of tomorrow like it originally stated. I guess I didn't need that second order from NCSX after-all.

inner-G

Banned
Nose Master said:
I hope a demo comes to XBL this century :[
Not gonna happen I bet, but don't feel bad. I doubt PSN gets one either.

especially if they're selling huge amounts of them and making bank.

gantz85

Banned
inner-G said:
Not gonna happen I bet, but don't feel bad. I doubt PSN gets one either.

especially if they're selling huge amounts of them and making bank.

What's the principle behind that though? Squeenix has but one thing in mind: MONIES.

1. They get their monies from selling the FFXIII Demo as an additional item for FFVII ACC.
2. This pool is bound to get exhausted.
3. Releasing the demo on PSN to attract the uncaptured pool in (2) will lead to more sales.

They really should release the demo.

LiK

gantz85 said:
What's the principle behind that though? Squeenix has but one thing in mind: MONIES.

1. They get their monies from selling the FFXIII Demo as an additional item for FFVII ACC.
3. Releasing the demo on PSN to attract the uncaptured pool in (2) will lead to more sales.

considering the huge amount of money spent developing this game, they need to get as much back as possible. maybe they'll release a XBL/PSN demo when it's close to the release date, but i doubt they'll release this particular demo early for free.

the FF name sells itself so they dont really need to release a free demo for the game to sell.

gantz85 said:

If there's ever a free demo it will be after the game has released. They'll be able to sell this for a long time and others who are dying to get the game will be picking it up around day one. People on the fence can wait for a demo.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I like how they introduced Snow with a cleavage shot. Very Progressive ;P

neptunes

They'll probably offer the demo as a pre-order bonus

Y2Kev said:
Such as a product that isn't yet announced but could need the help (like a game in OPM or something).

No, there doesn't. I don't understand. Where's the Halo 3 or Gears 2 demo?
Kingdom Hearts PSP :lol

make sure nobody pirates the game

Gaogaogao

Kagari said:
Why give away a demo for free when they know people will pay for it?
well yes, i know, but eventually there has to be a psn demo. I could see sony carrying on the trend or releasing one after the game comes out, which is annoying. but there has to be one.

it will probably be a pre order code to get the demo on psn, in which case, it will be on psn.

Y2Kev

stuburns said:
Such as a product that isn't yet announced but could need the help (like a game in OPM or something).

Gaogaogao said:
well yes, i know, but eventually there has to be a psn demo. I could see sony carrying on the trend or releasing one after the game comes out, which is annoying. but there has to be one.

No, there doesn't. I don't understand. Where's the Halo 3 or Gears 2 demo? Big games don't always get demos.

Gaogaogao

Y2Kev said:

No, there doesn't. I don't understand. Where's the Halo 3 or Gears 2 demo? Big games don't always get demos.
yes, but in this case, the demo already exists, it only makes sense to put it on psn.

Y2Kev said:
Shimomura and Hamauzu are the best thing about the FNC collection so far IMO.

(and kawaii nomura ^__^)

Can anyone link me to the Verzuz trailer
And Ishimoto.

Seriously! Fabula Nova Crystallis's music teams rock!

StuBurns

Banned
Sage00 said:
Their new action game or The Last Remnant if it ever releases for PS3. Could do it with the MMO too.
TLR is out on 360, I very much doubt a potential US demo would be PS3 exclusive. I also can't believe SE would announce a multiplatform game and get it out before FFXIII.

LiK

stuburns said:
TLR is out on 360, I very much doubt a potential US demo would be PS3 exclusive. I also can't believe SE would announce a multiplatform game and get it out before FFXIII.

Kingdom Hearts Scholarship Edition

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
stuburns said:

Different teams, middleware engine VS in-house engine that had to be built--which took a good portion of the time already.

Y2Kev

I would be stunned if their action game is not out by Summer/Fall 2010 in this country, which is when FFXIII will hit provided it makes it this year in Japan (I'm not convinced even though they swear up and down). That would mean 2011 for that game. That's way too late. That's their MMO territory.

StuBurns

Banned
Kagari said:
Different teams, middleware engine VS in-house engine that had to be built--which took a good portion of the time already.
It's not a case of logistics, it's promotion, SE aren't exactly the kind of company who announce a game and put it out in a short period of time. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd put money on it.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think it's hard to believe the demo will hit PSN/XBL a few months before the English release.
Sure, now it's worth the money.

But like a year from now after the JP version has been out for a few months.. a demo isn't really going to be worth anything.

eshock

Remember that Sony's charging developers for bandwidth costs of all free and paid content, so for a demo like this, which will be a) very large and b) downloaded by a shit ton of people, it doesn't make as much sense for Square to put it up on PSN. Why pay to have people get your demo when you can have them pay you?

Himuro said:
People who ordered from ncsx, has your order status changed at all?

From NCSX's daily email:

PS3 Cloud Black Bundles on the way
Japanese distributors have shipped our PS3 Cloud Bundles last night along with the FFVII AC Limited Edition Blu-Rays. Both shipments are scheduled to arrive tomorrow and preorders are shipping out on Thursday. Please note however that some Cloud bundle shipments were sent from different vendors which have not pre-cleared through customs as of 11:30AM EST today. If they don't clear on time, there is a chance that some bundles may not arrive until Friday. Just a heads up to alert everyone of the split incoming shipments.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
oh yeah that's definetly new, a lot of place's names being thrown around.

edit : omg real time stuffs !!!

Top Bottom