• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Barakov said:
Not from what I've seen. It's really a movie that comes with a demo of a game. Although in reality it's quite the opposite.

:lol

Don't get your hopes up, they're obviously going to miraculously survive that fall and irritate us for the rest of the game.

The demo was from an early part of the game wasn't it? So it's far too early for that happen. Although that would be great if they
bit the bullet in the beginning.

In FFVII Jessie, Biggs and Wedge and whatnot died in the beginning...

Awntawn

Barakov said:
The demo was from an early part of the game wasn't it? So it's far too early for that happen. Although that would be great if they
bit the bullet in the beginning.
No, fuck you.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
They'll fall into the pit and that will be Snow's motivating factor to KEEP FIGHTING

OR

OR

Osaka Whore's pants will catch on a ledge and she'll stop momentarily as her clothes rip. Snow will reach out his hand to grab her just as her underwear rips all the way and she falls into the abyss.

"SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW"
"OSAKA WHOOOOOOOOOOORE"

funny how people are inferring this is linear based on one scenario...

warhead has a linear cave level...but the rest of the game is pretty open... some people dont need much of an excuse I suppose

FFChris

nelsonroyale said:
funny how people are inferring this is linear based on one scenario...

warhead has a linear cave level...but the rest of the game is pretty open... some people dont need much of an excuse I suppose

More the fact that it looks extremely similar to FFX, and that was very linear.

StuBurns

Banned
FFChris said:
I love the fact that FFX and FFX2 have the exact same environment design, one is completely linear and the other is completely freeform, and people have decided it looking like those games means it looks linear.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Y2Kev said:
They'll fall into the pit and that will be Snow's motivating factor to KEEP FIGHTING

OR

OR

Osaka Whore's pants will catch on a ledge and she'll stop momentarily as her clothes rip. Snow will reach out his hand to grab her just as her underwear rips all the way and she falls into the abyss.

"SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW"
"OSAKA WHOOOOOOOOOOORE"

I still dont get how he survived the fall when they set it up has though all those people on the road were fucked

Barakov

Kagari said:
In FFVII Jessie, Biggs and Wedge and whatnot died in the beginning...

Fair point. This is just a guess on my part, but team Nora just seem to be more important to the story in XIII than Jessie, Biggs and Wedge in VII. Unless your party members consist of Lightning, Pazu, Vanille and Snow for rest of the game. Then again it's possible S-E has more party memebers to announce.

Awntawn said:
No, fuck you.

Relax. I'm sure your Osakan lady of the evening will make it through just fine. If it makes you feel any better I find her less irritating than the kid and the guy with the orange hair.

Totally trivial and perhaps OT, but:
surazal said:
I thought FFXII's VA was better than most but it was really annoying when they misprounced "Marquis" during the whole game.
They weren't mispronouncing anything. The French title is pronounced "mar-key", but the English title marquess is pronounced "mar-kwis", exactly as in FF XII.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
stuburns said:
I love the fact that FFX and FFX2 have the exact same environment design, one is completely linear and the other is completely freeform, and people have decided it looking like those games means it looks linear.

Linear environment, not linear mission progression

Spoo

My order still says "preparing" -- hopefully I'll get it by friday or so.

I started watching the stream but I forced myself to look away and close the window. It's a rare thing for me to care about the "experience" or spoilers, but for FFXIII I'm just too thrilled :} must be strong.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Barakov said:
Fair point. This is just a guess on my part, but team Nora just seem to be more important to the story in XIII than Jessie, Biggs and Wedge in VII. Unless your party members consist of Lightning, Pazu, Vanille and Snow for rest of the game. Then again it's possible S-E has more party memebers to announce.

Relax. I'm sure your Osakan lady of the evening will make it through just fine. If it makes you feel any better I find her less irritating than the kid and the guy with the orange hair.

Team Nora are temp party members. They have been killing those off since FF2. I wouldnt mind a BKO style party though. Would help to really get to know the characters and develop strong relationships

FFChris said:

you can hardly equate aesthetic approach with linear design... Personally, I think the environments will be much more tightly focused than say TLR (large and boring generally), but there will be some huge environments...its obvious they are continuing many of the elements forwarded in ffxii...I suppose its just hard to imagine what a huge environment would look like when there is so much detail flying around... I mean its obvious that its rendering alot in this level anyway, even if its not directly interactive...

Anyway its too premature to be asserting any of that...the demo levels for FFXII were pretty damn linear as well...

Captain N

I canceled my pre-order on the Blu-Ray because I can't pay $70 for a demo disc. I cancled my cancel because it's Final Fantasy.

Himuro said:
Jeesie, Biggs, and Wedge die in FFVII?!?!?!!?

NO

speaking of which, FFXIII better have a Biggs and Wedge and they BETTER HAVE A MAJOR ROLE.

Now we've got no reason to play Final Fantasy VII... I hear it makes grown virgins cry.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I really love how the battle system is like Chrono Trigger without MP but in 3D. I guess I cannot bash Square on that front (for now).

I hope that, if they are going to keep the regenerating HP in the final build, the game remains hard. Also, interruptions please. I don't like how Lightning finishes using Cure even if she's attacked mid-animation.

NameIess

After viewing the higher quality version of the actual demo gameplay I have no concerns regarding the visuals. I'm very impressed with the results especially considering this is really SE's first in house engine running on the PS3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4iH4...e=channel_page

Now this makes me think what could be possible once the engine is really optimized in a 2nd or 3rd iteration... I still think the PS3 will be around long enough to see another title after the versus release.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm really disappointed with the corridor music. It's just... it's just there. Battle music is gorgeous, however.

Has the Agito trailer been uploaded?

NameIess

stuburns said:
A torrent for a BluRay PS3 game? What would be the point?

I guess the 15 people who have BD burners and willing to buy $25 blank BD disk could enjoy a demo they would not be able to understand...

N30RYU

2npok8.jpg

For those complaining, the Famitsu images of the actual development of the game looks better than the one from the trailer/demo. Just look at the hands and foot of Vanille and the shadows of the background characters.

StuBurns

Banned
NameIess said:
I guess the 15 people who have BD burners and willing to buy $25 blank BD disk could enjoy a demo they would not be able to understand...
They'd also need to figure out how to crack a PS3 to play copied games wouldn't they?

Hey got to the thread late.
For all of you playing it are the visuals as OMG INSANE as Edge implied or we talking about incredible CG followed by solid visuals.

Brofist

NameIess said:

Are BD blanks that expensive in the States? In Japan $2-3 for 25GB, $6-7 for 50GB disks, burners go for as low as around $100.

No matter not like you could even run it off a blank regardless.

StuBurns

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
For all of you playing it are the visuals as OMG INSANE as Edge implied or we talking about incredible CG followed by solid visuals.
I haven't played it, but some of the videos look fucking insane yeah. It's the best looking RPG for sure. It's probably the prettiest if not the most technically impressive game on the console.

RyuHayate

I'm so delighted right now; FFXIII looks like a lot of fun.

Anyone else wanna bet that it'll be released in NA in between March-September of next year?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
N30RYU said:
2npok8.jpg

For those complaining, the Famitsu images of the actual development of the game looks better than the one from the trailer/demo. Just look at the hands and foot of Vanille and the shadows of the background characters.
Thank you, that's what I was looking for earlier.
BruceLeeRoy said:
It's FF on PS3 so far. It is an old build, but the lighting looks great, I'm sure it will look better in time.

stuburns said:
A torrent for a BluRay PS3 game? What would be the point?

You think the demo is taking up a 50gig BluRay? :lol It could be easily packaged into a torrent.

Game looks fantastic! I so want the demo!

FFChris

nelsonroyale said:
you can hardly equate aesthetic approach with linear design... Personally, I think the environments will be much more tightly focused than say TLR (large and boring generally), but there will be some huge environments...its obvious they are continuing many of the elements forwarded in ffxii...I suppose its just hard to imagine what a huge environment would look like when there is so much detail flying around... I mean its obvious that its rendering alot in this level anyway, even if its not directly interactive...

Anyway its too premature to be asserting any of that...the demo levels for FFXII were pretty damn linear as well...

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'equating asthetic approach with linear design'.

I look at the mini map, it shows a straight line path with no deviations, the level is linear, there is only one way down it and no room for moving around. Which was exactly what it was like playing through most of FFX.

Obviously there will be open sections, but with FFX I felt like I was running down a corridor filled with a great landscape I couldn't go into for much of the game, and I hope FFXIII doesn't turn out the same way.

Sure it could turn out differently, but what other assumption can you make when looking at whats presented in front of you?

People protect huge franchises way too much. One wrong word and this place goes into uproar. I want this game to be the best thing ever, just look at my username, I love the Final Fantasy franchise. It seems a little negative criticism is a bit too much for some.

BruceLeeRoy said:

The visuals are everything we've come to expect from Square. Looks stunning, even in the early stages.

StuBurns

Banned
Vustadumas said:
You think the demo is taking up a 50gig BluRay? :lol It could be easily packaged into a torrent.

Game looks fantastic! I so want the demo!
What? No, I don't, my point was PS3s aren't hacked, you can't played copied games on PS3s, so what is the point of torrenting it?

clashfan

The art style leans alittle to much towards scifi for my taste. Why the hell is the demo not in English? I can't understand a damn thing!

Top Bottom