• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

LiK

lupinko said:
Actually, Blu-ray.com does do region checking for various releases, though I can't confirm if they did it in particular for FF7ACC.

not for releases in other countries yet. kinda odd that they dont have the japanese BD listed.

stuburns said:
Afraid so, even though it says Region A doesn't mean it's region locked. All PS3 games have region codes on them, and none of them are region locked.

that's true, but all PS3 games are region-free technically. hopefully, you guys won't get shafted. i bought a few UK Blu-rays before and they worked fine.

StuBurns

Banned
LiK said:
that's true, but all PS3 games are region-free technically. hopefully, you guys won't get shafted. i bought a few UK Blu-rays before and they worked fine.
I don't really care about the film, if the game is region locked I'll be pissed.

LiK said:
aw, poor Cloud

cloudtear.png

Zeliard

This is a small nitpick, but I wish they'd do something to spruce up Snow's character model a bit, at least from the back. You're going to be staring at the guy's back for much of the game when you're playing as him, and as it stands he's only wearing a very simply-textured light trench coat (with a popped collar no less), which is frankly quite basic and boring (especially all the high-tech/industrial stuff around him that stands out quite a bit).

Lightning's character model and design is much more interesting to look at (and not just because she's female ;).

Versus' art style is incredibly nice. The black/blue color theme is visually stunning.

inner-G

Banned
Zeliard said:
This is a small nitpick, but I wish they'd do something to spruce up Snow's character model a bit, at least from the back. You're going to be staring at the guy's back for much of the game when you're playing as him, and as it stands he's only wearing a very simply-textured light trench coat (with a popped collar no less), which is frankly quite basic and boring (especially all the high-tech/industrial stuff around him that stands out quite a bit).
Yeah, I noticed that too.

It's like it's missing a bunch of zippers or something...

GothPunk

Regarding region coding, like I said earlier (which no-one noticed I think, everyone was excited about the streaming video of the FFXIII demo):
GothPunk said:
To my fellow EuroGAFers, it's pretty much confirmed now that the ACC BD is region free. Looking at that blog that jiggle linked to with the unboxing pictures, I'm not seeing any region code on the back of the box.

Now I suppose that the movie could be region A and that it's just not printed on the box, but I find that unlikely. *is optimistic*

StuBurns

Banned
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
And only for a while because Naughty Dog was like "Oh we didn't mean for that" and pulled the plug on region lock.
No, they said they pulled the region lock because they didn't know other regions users could make US accounts and they wanted everyone to be able to play it. They choose to remove it for the users, not because of first party rules, which means SE might have been able to lock the demo, even though I doubt they have.

Wollan

Agito looks pretty good. Hopefully FFXIII have some more of that medieval stuff? (They're both set in the same world/story yeah?)

This was announced to be a cell phone game exclusive originally? It definitely looks like it's full-on high budget PSP release, it doesn't seem to carry over any hint of a port-up.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Wollan said:
Agito looks pretty good. Hopefully FFXIII have some more of that medieval stuff? (They're both set in the same world/story yeah?)

This was announced to be a cell phone game exclusive originally? It definitely looks like it's full-on high budget PSP release, it doesn't seem to carry over any hint of a port-up.

Same mythos, not same world.

neoism

gregor7777 said:
I'm up for as big of an install as they can manage.

Less stress on my BD drive the better, particularly with long RPGs.
Yeah this, I bought a ps3 just for FFXIII, so I'll give them my whole HD if need be!

LiK

Himuro said:
I like it a lot but I'm tired of it already.

it's probably why i'm avoiding all media for it until i play it myself. you guys might just get sick of it before you even played it :lol

Lime

In the ending of the demo (or part 9 on gamevideos), when
the bridge is destroyed and all the people falling down into the abyss
, does this include Team Nora? I sincerely hope so.

HK-47 said:
And what was up with her putting the fucking rifle on her shoulder all the time like a sword? And flamehead doing that low beast crouch for no reason? Even Sazh's stupid little dance and weird high kick then aim without looking down the sights was stupid. I mean come on Square.

This is my primary complain. Fucking ridiculous.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
stuburns said:
Indeed, but not all demos have been. Uncharted in the US store was region locked for a while.

not all ? come on ,it was just two day till ND guys know about the problem from PS blog , fixed it and rerelased the demo again in the same week .

Barakov

Valkyr Junkie said:
So are there any images or reports of the launch of ACC? Any big lines? Sellouts? Lots of people picking up PS3s? etc

Not from what I've seen. It's really a movie that comes with a demo of a game. Although in reality it's quite the opposite.

Lime said:
In the ending of the demo (or part 9 on gamevideos), when
the bridge is destroyed and all the people falling down into the abyss
, does this include Team Nora? I sincerely hope so.

:lol

Don't get your hopes up, they're obviously going to miraculously survive that fall and irritate us for the rest of the game.

The demo was from an early part of the game wasn't it? So it's far too early for that happen. Although that would be great if they
bit the bullet in the beginning.

Top Bottom