• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

NameIess

kpop100 said:
Are BD blanks that expensive in the States? In Japan $2-3 for 25GB, $6-7 for 50GB disks, burners go for as low as around $100.

No matter not like you could even run it off a blank regardless.

In the States BD ROM players are around $100 bucks, but burners start around $200 and up based on drive speed. The 25GB disk go for about $15 and the DL for $35; I'm sure you can find deals, but nothing like you are talking about...

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
stuburns said:
They'd also need to figure out how to crack a PS3 to play copied games wouldn't they?
yup, though there have been some development ps3's that have gotten into some people's hands that can play BD-R's directly.

Majmun

Battle music is great, but I don't like the boss music much.
Way too calm.
The battle music is also too calm actually...

KZObsessed

I can't wait for Final Fantasy XIII
gladtomeetya.gif

clashfan said:
The art style leans alittle to much towards scifi for my taste. Why the hell is the demo not in English? I can't understand a damn thing!

I know! When I was in Korea, I always wondered why sh.t wasn't in english!............=|

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Vanille saying "BAM" with Nia's voice = OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMOGMOG <3<3<3

FFObsessed said:
I can't wait for Final Fantasy XIII
gladtomeetya.gif

FFObsessed
(Today, 06:56 PM)
Reply | Quote

Unless the FF stands for Fatal Frame or Final Fight.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
N30RYU said:
2npok8.jpg

For those complaining, the Famitsu images of the actual development of the game looks better than the one from the trailer/demo. Just look at the hands and foot of Vanille and the shadows of the background characters.

Actually I was wondering if the demo might be how it will be in the end, not the other way around. It's not impossible that the game has gone through a downgrade, and that Famitsu has older images.

We'll see really. In reality there is no reason to have blocky hands like that, it makes no sense at all and no difference performance-wise.

EDIT: Anyway the real "upgrade" I'm hoping for is a much better transition to and out of battles. Right now it is unacceptable after FFXII, it makes the game feel more repetitive than necessary and backward. The idea that in a cinematic a boss rushes toward the characters, but then the screen deforms, battle music starts, and the boss is just standing there waiting for you to hit him is really jarring for the first PS3 FF. Below my expectations, especially after FFXII.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ether_Snake said:
Actually I was wondering if the demo might be how it will be in the end, not the other way around. It's not impossible that the game has gone through a downgrade, and that Famitsu has older images.

We'll see really. In reality there is no reason to have blocky hands like that, it makes no sense at all and no difference performance-wise.

EDIT: Anyway the real "upgrade" I'm hoping for is a much better transition to and out of battles. Right now it is unacceptable after FFXII, it makes the game feel more repetitive than necessary and backward. The idea that in a cinematic a boss rushes toward the characters, but then the screen deforms, battle music starts, and the boss is just standing there waiting for you to hit him is really jarring for the first PS3 FF. Below my expectations, especially after FFXII.
One also has shadows.

StuBurns

Banned
Ether_Snake said:

I imagine the poly count of character models does make a difference performance wise.

Also, the blocky one is the one in the demo, which we know is old code, that picture with good fingers was released much more recently, so why would the game get a downgrade, and them release the older, better material later than the downgraded one?

It makes far more sense that they touched up the character model since last year when the demo went gold.

Man the graphics in this game are really off the charts. For an JRPG, this looks absolutely amazing, and better than almost anything else coming out.

Now of course we all hope that the final game isn't as linear as FFX. Could you guys imagine if they really go ahead and try and create a Next Gen World Map? With these graphics, a fully explorable world map would be a dream come true! I remember hearing about how Versus is going to have a World Map, we even saw some leaked screens of it, I would imagine that FFXIII might be pushing something similar. I hope somebody asks about a World Map in an interview soon.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
VindicatorZ said:
Man the graphics in this game are really off the charts. For an JRPG, this looks absolutely amazing, and better than almost anything else coming out.

Now of course we all hope that the final game isn't as linear as FFX. Could you guys imagine if they really go ahead and try and create a Next Gen World Map? With these graphics, a fully explorable world map would be a dream come true! I remember hearing about how Versus is going to have a World Map, we even saw some leaked screens of it, I would imagine that FFXIII might be pushing something similar. I hope somebody asks about a World Map in an interview soon.

No way, it's definitly going to be linear, judging from the rest of the demo (this really is no different from FFX). And I don't see how a world map would make it otherwise. Oh I ran into a corner of the map fighting the same creatures a bunch of time, for nothing.

Ether_Snake said:
No way, it's definitly going to be linear, judging from the rest of the demo (this really is no different from FFX). And I don't see how a world map would make it otherwise. Oh I ran into a corner of the map fighting the same creatures a bunch of time, for nothing.

Sarcasm right?

Awntawn

Kagari said:
The translation of the Versus trailer was way back at TGS. I'll find it for you.

Edit: http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2008/1...aries-for-ffxiii-versus-and-agito-at-tgs.html
That one's missing a couple of lines. Maybe they added a few or they just forgot some. Anyway, here's a little less engrish'd version.

S: You can see the light, right? Was that what you were looking at from below the stairs?

N: Pretty much. When did you start seeing it?

S: When I was a child.

N: A near death experience I presume.

S: Yes. You too?

N: It was pretty bad.

S: "The Goddess Etro shall open the gate welcoming the the souls of the dead. Whence that occurs, a bright light shall shine down through the skies over the land of the dead. And those who see that light shall be bestowed with strength from the land of the dead." It's a Tenebrae legend.

N:&#12288;We've got the same thing here.

S: Did you receive any strength?

N: No. I don't need anything like that. I'm fine as is.

S: I know, right? No matter what kind it is, if it's at the cost of somebody's life... I'd have nightmares.

N: Pretty much. A ridiculous bedtime story... You shouldn't talk to other people about the light.

S: How come?

N: Being different from others can lead to lot of trouble, don't you think?

S: But if the legend is a bedtime story, then what do you think that light really is?

N: It's just something that's there. Isn't that good enough? Um...

S: Stella

N: Stella. I should be going.

S: I'm sorry for taking up your time, Lord Noctis

N: Just Noct is fine.

S: ... I have to go too. I feel like I've received something from that light tonight. I got a chance to speak with you.

N: You'll have nightmares.

S: You're mean one aren't you, Lord Noctis.

N: Noct.

S: I'll call you that the next time we meet. You should come to Tenebrae some time. I'll show you around.

N: That sounds interesting. I'll think about it.

???: Who are you?

Noct: ... I was about to say the exact same thing.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Today is going to be a good day...no work, FF13 demo, clean apartment. Man, I don't even have to wear a suit to work today. I'm going to go in a t shirt and khakis, clock in, and just go to the game store. :lol

MrDenny said:
In battles, do you move yourself or does the battle system automatically shift you around.

It's 100% menu based. No direct control over your character. You can freely move the camera around with the right analogue, though.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
thetrin said:
Today is going to be a good day...no work, FF13 demo, clean apartment. Man, I don't even have to wear a suit to work today. I'm going to go in a t shirt and khakis, clock in, and just go to the game store. :lol

Lucky. I ordered mine from Amazon so it'll be here tomorrow. I should have just reserved it at Geo. I too have no work today though. :D

thetrin said:

Teachers aren't people!! >.<

Top Bottom