• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

FtsH

neoism said:
lemur.gif
WTH is that thing???!!! its eyes!!!

This thread has made me sad for the first time since my PS3 broke. If they don't significantly drop the price on those things by the time this comes out I don't know what I'm going to do, short of buying a 360.
(and Heavy Rain plus having a brand new gaming rig ready for ME2 next year is what makes that an unappealing thought before anyone jumps down my throat)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
DJmizuhara said:
I've just picked up my copy so expect a few HD videos on gamersyde in the coming hours.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2hhhjs5.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I have the exact same Tatami!
Where did you buy it?

Also, much thanks, etc :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
freethought said:
This thread has made me sad for the first time since my PS3 broke. If they don't significantly drop the price on those things by the time this comes out I don't know what I'm going to do, short of buying a 360.
(and Heavy Rain plus having a brand new gaming rig ready for ME2 next year is what makes that an unappealing thought before anyone jumps down my throat)

Pay to fix your old one...?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
DJmizuhara said:
I have no idea to be honest, some furniture store in Japan. My father in-law bought it.
Shame, I've been wondering where to get them.

Looking forward to the videos.

N30RYU

Is there any video out there showing the player being killed and the game over screen?
I wanna listen the game over music of FFXIII

Spoo

polyh3dron said:
has anyone's Play-Asia order shipped yet?

Mine still says preparing order.

They've really been preparing it for a while now. I'm starting to get scared about their preperation process :}

N30RYU

polyh3dron said:
Holy seamless transitions between fighting and in game cutscenes batman..

fuck yes.

has anyone's Play-Asia order shipped yet?

mine was shipped with EMS yesterday and will leave Hong Kong today.

r06nba.png

bdmqfa.png

inner-G said:
Ah, I have UPS. I didn't get a tracking # from PA, it just has the tracking info right on my order details page.

Estimated delivery time is 10:30am PST for me, as of now is looks like its still in transit via Lantau Island.

N30RYU said:
mine was shipped with EMS yesterday and will leave Hong Kong today.
Comparing mine to your January pre-order... I'm definitely at the bottom of the list. I'm having doubts about getting it :/
2wftlzr.jpg

polyh3dron said:
fuck, my Play-Asia order is still preparing too :(

but I ordered mine on the 11th of April so I guess it'll take a lil while.
I'm thinking we're SOL. But... the fact that we went from 'Order received' to 'Preparing order' gives me hope. Or is it false hope?

Darkpen

Banned
Himuro said:
You're bullshitting if you think XII wasn't a good challenge. Compared to every FF since V, yes it was.
Oh, I loved the Hunts and Esper fights, if that's what you're referring to, otherwise I have no idea of this "challenge" you speak of.

play-asia:
2vd1z5f.jpg

...as opposed to 'in stock, 24 hours", "1-5 days", or "2-4 weeks", etc.

I'm now assuming they shipped everything they had initially, but still can get their hands on more units in the above time period.

Darkpen

Banned
Tathanen said:
I know I'm unrealistically getting my hopes up here, but this had better include redoing all lip-synching to match the English dub. This wasn't such an issue back on the ps2 and whatnot but now that we have games where real-time cinemas might as well be movies, dubbing goes from barely noticeable to bad-foreign-film when you can see how drastically the mouths don't match up.

In today's international day and age there is no excuse! The dialog should be recorded in English and Japanese simultaneously and two lipsync tracks should be made along with them!
Considering the sheer quality of the facial animations and lip sync in Kingdom Hearts 2 (and I think FFXII), I wouldn't be too worried about the quality. It just means the game will take longer to come out, and I'm sure they want to release a quality product.

jett

D-Member
I can't over how good the clothes move and animate in the game (and in the Versus trailer). Squeenix delivered.

Darkpen said:
Considering the sheer quality of the facial animations and lip sync in Kingdom Hearts 2 (and I think FFXII), I wouldn't be too worried about the quality. It just means the game will take longer to come out, and I'm sure they want to release a quality product.

FFXII was not re-lipsynched for the English release. It annoyed me the entire as the facial animation seemed quite good. Too bad I wasn't playing in japanese. KH2 was though...I think. Sometimes it looked weird. :p

jett said:
I can't over how good the clothes move and animate in the game (and in the Versus trailer). Squeenix delivered.

FFXII was not re-lipsynched for the English release. It annoyed me the entire as the facial animation seemed quite good. Too bad I wasn't playing in japanese. KH2 was though...I think. Sometimes it looked weird. :p

I knew you couldn't stay positive for too long!!

half a moon said:
play-asia:
2vd1z5f.jpg

...as opposed to 'in stock, 24 hours", "1-5 days", or "2-4 weeks", etc.

I'm now assuming they shipped everything they had initially, but still can get their hands on more units in the above time period.
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-

Darkpen

Banned
stuburns said:
I'm not feeling the art in Agito. It's not very Final Fantasy, or even very Square at all. I'm really surprised about the way the game looks. I'm still very interested of course, but I'm not nearly as excited about it as the other two.
...Are you serious? "Not very Final Fantasy?" Please, indulge me in what "Final Fantasy" looks like. Really. I'd love for someone to show me. You wanna know what it is? Its Nomura's TWEWY style meets D.Gray-man, but with school informs and moar cloaks. Its very clear that though this was origianlly directed at the cellphone crowd, the Monster Hunter middle/highschool student isn't too far removed. Personally, its not a question of "feeling" the art direction so much as it is "what's their spin on this 'the-world-against-you'/teenage rebels/student-mercenaries/modern-setting-with-magic scenario that's been tapped by so many others already?"

Will they make it compelling, or will it just be another not-too-shallow-but-not-too-deep-either kind of RPG.

Darkpen said:
...Are you serious? "Not very Final Fantasy?" Please, indulge me in what "Final Fantasy" looks like. Really. I'd love for someone to show me. You wanna know what it is? Its Nomura's TWEWY style meets D.Gray-man, but with school informs and moar cloaks. Its very clear that though this was origianlly directed at the cellphone crowd, the Monster Hunter middle/highschool student isn't too far removed. Personally, its not a question of "feeling" the art direction so much as it is "what's their spin on this 'the-world-against-you'/teenage rebels/student-mercenaries/modern-setting-with-magic scenario that's been tapped by so many others already?"

Will they make it compelling, or will it just be another not-too-shallow-but-not-too-deep-either kind of RPG.

I totally agree, I'm extremely excited about Agito, the art is pure Nomura (which I love) and the theme of the game feels fresh and unique. Hell, even if the battle system isn't overly complicated or new, I am definitely hotly anticipating it!

Darkpen

Banned
jett said:
Ah. I don't really remember much about XII's lip sync or lack thereof. I just remember the animations and localization being really sweet. But yeah, there were some parts of KH2 where the lipsync was just off and weird, where others it was perfect. :/

I just hope they give at least KH2 levels of English lipsync. MGS4 did a pretty decent job, so at least there's a precedent this generation. Not exactly Capcom-levels of lipsync (only thanks to the fact that there is no Japanese dub), but still, I'm just hoping they don't decide to not match lip flaps and facial animations to what's being said.

DJmizuhara said:
If anybody interested or missed the live streaming I'm playing it now over at justin.tv
http://www.justin.tv/djmizuhara
Since I wont get this demo for a while... I'm watching it for the first time:

The battle transition annoys me. The UI should just slide up when you enter battle.The rank up screen annoys me too. One or both hides loading, but it could be done more intuitively IMO.

The knock up that one best does is too repetitive.

Note: I'm just nitpicking things. I know I'll love this game.

MrDenny

FFXIII Official Site Update
Battle Info, Message, and Wallpaper section updated.
New concept art of a white hair girl (Shiva?, Lightning?, New Char? I'm not sure.)

rataven

Hmm. White haired chic looks like concept art. Looks nothing like the characters we've seen so far. Maybe shiva?

Watching the feed now. Love the trailer :D

holy cheese, the only bad thing I can say so far is that the audio of the footsteps is far too loud...sounds like a metronome...I originally thought it was part of the music...crap beat is what I initially thought

PC Gaijin

Awntawn said:
So apparently the demo consisted of 5.09GB of data on the Blu-Ray, the files timestamped for 12/03~12/06. Old demo, that takes up a lot of space ;o

http://pocketnews.cocolog-nifty.com/pkns/2009/04/bdvii-0efc.html

If I'm reading that breakdown correctly, the movies on the demo take up 4.42GB? Good lord. :lol Everything else (engine, environments, and other data) looks small. Wonder what format those movies are in? Thinking they're going to have to compress the hell out of those videos for the 360. Some sort of Windows Media codec to the rescue? I have no idea what the 360 uses for video...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So, I'm playing the demo right now...

FFXIII has milfs with guns! IT'S GOT IT ALL GENTS!

Top Bottom