• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

RpgN

RevenantKioku said:
Ogre Battle, hate. Tactics, hate. FF Tactics, decent amount of hate. Vagrant Story, hate. FF12, you know the deal. If there is anything else, I hate it by proxy at this point.)

o_0 Like really?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Like I said a few pages ago, it's all uncompressed, or only partially compressed. When everything is fully optimized, expect those vids to take up no where near as much room (as something like >4 of the of GB are used on the videos).

RpgN

HK-47 said:
He means it.

*RpgN just had a heartattack*

Wow.

Even though I like more traditional FF games as well, I can't imagine
people hating on all these games...

Okay, I better back off now.

deepbrown

Rez said:
Like I said a few pages ago, it's all uncompressed, or only partially compressed. When everything is fully optimized, expect those vids to take up no where near as much room (as something like >4 of the of GB are used on the videos).
Of course. Still, how many DVD's? Going to be the second PS3 game on a 50gb Bluray?

Grayman said:
I would think that some limit system would be assumed, even if not in the demo.

the battle system is only 50% completed in the demo, The music in battle is finalized :)
The victory fanfare will be revised, and victory poses have yet defined, The level of difficulty is lower than the final product

so yeah i think they be somthing like a limit

careksims

I'm sure a lot of Western Gaffers will get this baby today! I know I will! So far I haven't seen anything of the demo so it's going to be all fresh to me. :D

AKS

acm2000 said:
just watched the videos, hmm, too much prerendered cgi, followed by too many broken up little battles, and the graphics arent even amazing, although they do set the bar for a japanese dev co this gen so far, looking forward to finding out how many discs the 360 version will be with the amount of crappy pre-rendered scenes :D

Good graphics for a Japanese developer, huh? Which country did Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and Resident Evil 5 come from?

Shadow780

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
I think Shadow780 means... 2 Blu-ray discs? >_>

2e6dker.jpg
15zjrlw.jpg

zoukka

360 jokes aside, multi disc releases rock!

You knew those ps1 Final Fantasies were the shit back in the days just because of the fat package and three/four discs!

Shadow780

zoukka said:

You knew those ps1 Final Fantasies were the shit back in the days just because of the fat package and three/four discs!

single disc game can have fat package too!

59b8_1.JPG

SE can inflate the blu-ray package as well~

Spoo

So I've been trying my best to keep up with the media here while waiting for my demo to arrive (Play-Asia is still "preparing" it, whatever the fuck that really means) -- I haven't wanted to spoil things too much for myself, though, so I've only really watched the first 10 minutes or so.

I wonder, though -- I'm extremely impressed with the visuals, and the combat system looks fun (albeit what we have isn't the full thing) -- with so much demand for the HD Final Fantasy experience where development takes longer what with the high end tech they have, will the scope of the game itself suffer?

I don't mean to suggest that an rpg that's not 40+ hours isn't good, but I have a hard time seeing a game with this kind of visual quality hitting past a 25-30 hour mark. Anyone wondering about how much play time they're hoping to stuff in here? A 40+ hour rpg with this quality would, pretty much everywhere be hot.

Other than that concern (if it even is a concern), I'm thrilled by what I've seen thus far. I haven't really played a great rpg since FFX or maybe XS (episode 1), so I've been waiting quite a while for something of this calibre to come along :}

StuBurns

Banned
I think the game will be considerably smaller in terms of geometry, and probably considerably shorter, which I'm all for. They could add all sorts of stupid things to artificially lengthen it I'm sure, but I hope they don't.

Blimblim said:
Two HD videos coming in a few minutes, but here is a big picture gallery from the demo:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7707_en.html
Any chance of hosting the Versus trailer?

Amir0x

Banned
RpgN said:
*RpgN just had a heartattack*

Wow.

Even though I like more traditional FF games as well, I can't imagine
people hating on all these games...

Okay, I better back off now.

Remember, this is the guy who found DIRGE OF CERBERUS to be a good game, enjoying it as an action game more than Devil May Cry. He can't possibly live this fact down since it really does define how everyone should view all taste-related comments from him. :)

Amir0x said:
Remember, this is the guy who found DIRGE OF CERBERUS to be a good game, enjoying it as an action game more than Devil May Cry. He can't possibly live this fact down since it really does define how everyone should view all taste-related comments from him. :)
:lol

zoukka

Amir0x said:

Even comparing it to DMC2 wouldn't redeem him.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Amir0x said:
You'll all come around one day. Or pass away. One of the two. Time is on my side here.

And you are getting forgetful. It was Devil May Cry 3. If you're going to bring up my history at least get it right!

Grayman

zoukka said:

Blu-Ray films (planet earth, the dark night) are normal sized cases. PS2 games (MGS3:s) were also normal cases with a swingy thing holding one. I don't think fat cases will return. Maybe in Canada because of the french manual though...

Kyoufu

RevenantKioku said:
You'll all come around one day. Or pass away. One of the two. Time is on my side here.

And you are getting forgetful. It was Devil May Cry 3. If you're going to bring up my history at least get it right!

DMC3 is probably the best one in the series.....

I'm wondering why you don't plan on buying FFXIII yet you gladly dump your money into the Last Remnant.

Something tells me you find enjoyment in showing affection towards mediocrity.

zoukka

Grayman said:
Blu-Ray films (planet earth, the dark night) are normal sized cases. PS2 games (MGS3:s) were also normal cases with a swingy thing holding one. I don't think fat cases will return. Maybe in Canada because of the french manual though...

Subsistence was fat. But yeah depends on the amount of discs. And I wasn't completely serious. Just defending the 360 release a little because a case with 4+ DVD:s would be actually way cooler than a single blueray.

Grayman

zoukka said:
Subsistence was fat. But yeah depends on the amount of discs. And I wasn't completely serious. Just defending the 360 release a little because a case with 4+ DVD:s would be actually way cooler than a single blueray.
Well then for 4+ it would probably come in a cool box. My subsistence is a normal size.

Awntawn

zoukka said:
Not if it's like Lost Odyssey's packaging. Fuck I have nightmares just thinking about it.

Aeana

Kyoufu said:

I'm wondering why you don't plan on buying FFXIII yet you gladly dump your money into the Last Remnant.

But TLR isn't mediocre.

zoukka said:
Hell yeah!

359e2cz.jpg

Someone had to post it eventually.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Kyoufu said:

I don't plan on buying FF13?
The Last Remnant was mediocre?
What?
Go watch Twilight again, mmkay?

gantz85

Banned
zoukka said:

? What kind of shit reasoning is this?

Might as well tell SE to split it into 4 Bluray discs.

Top Bottom