• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
zoukka said:
Subsistence was fat. But yeah depends on the amount of discs. And I wasn't completely serious. Just defending the 360 release a little because a case with 4+ DVD:s would be actually way cooler than a single blueray.

way cooler? Hmmm no.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Multi-disc cases were cooler in the PS1 era. In DVD boxes not so much. The 360 RE5 one is atrocious. The ACC cases would be nice if they were soft plastic, not hard.

Picked it up today! Surprised by the form factor. It is not on regular BR disc cases. WTF square? It's a little bit shorter than a normal BR disc.

t6edqq.jpg

neojubei

PuppetMaster said:
Picked it up today! Surprised by the form factor. It is not on regular BR disc cases. WTF square? It's a little bit shorter than a normal BR disc.

t6edqq.jpg

Those cases look better than the regular blu-ray cases. I'm just happy Square decided not to use a crappy sleeve for the demo.

Awntawn

zoukka said:
I doubt Square-Enix would fuck up anything that bad.
PuppetMaster said:

http://i44.tinypic.com/t6edqq.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]
Look, they're [i]already[/i] fucking up 3;

VegaShinra

neojubei said:
What shipping option did you use and where did you order from?
Play-Asia and I used whatever the $18 UPS option was. I think it's 1-4days but they said it was meant for delivery today, then it was tomorrow, and now Monday.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
zoukka said:
360 jokes aside, multi disc releases rock!

You knew those ps1 Final Fantasies were the shit back in the days just because of the fat package and three/four discs!
I feel like I'm alone, but I miss the PS1 FF days of getting to an awesome scene in the game, beating it, and then changing the disc. It really helped the pacing on a weird level.

zoukka

neojubei said:
way cooler? Hmmm no.

My opinion -> yours

Though it's purely nostalgia talking here. I'm pretty anti-materialistic nowadays.

Look, they're already fucking up 3;

I was just living a dream :'/

I feel like I'm alone, but I miss the PS1 FF days of getting to an awesome scene in the game, beating it, and then changing the disc. It really helped the pacing on a weird level.

I loved it.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Rez said:
They really nailed that feeling in Blue Dragon. Each disc ended spectacularly, as if it was an ending on its own.
Not so much with Lost Odyssey though.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
neojubei said:
Those cases look better than the regular blu-ray cases. I'm just happy Square decided not to use a crappy sleeve for the demo.
Yeah I really like the cases. Just wish they weren't hard plastic. I know they are going to break.

neojubei

RevenantKioku said:
Yeah I really like the cases. Just wish they weren't hard plastic. I know they are going to break.

Err don't break them? Just kidding I know what you mean but it could be much worst.

Replicant

PuppetMaster said:

t6edqq.jpg

Eh? I got many R2 DVDs with those cases so it's not shocking to me. I think it looks sexier than the usual BR cases. I can't wait to get mine and CDJapan already reserved one for me. They are just waiting for my Ketsumeishi CDs to arrive.

Beat the demo now. It was just ok for me. I think the demo was just too easy for tactics to play any role in the combat. Hopefully the final game will have more thoughtful battles that require actual strategy.

I guess the cinemas were the highlight of the demo for me. The combat part seemed a little meh.

RevenantKioku

neojubei said:
Err don't break them? Just kidding I know what you mean but it could be much worst.
"Could be worse" has and never will be a reason for me to not complain.

PuppetMaster said:
Beat the demo now. It was just ok for me. I think the demo was just too easy for tactics to play any role in the combat. Hopefully the final game will have more thoughtful battles that require actual strategy.

I guess the cinemas were the highlight of the demo for me. The combat part seemed a little meh.
Well, you can't possibly believe that will be the extent of it. The options were clearly limited.

VegaShinra said:
WTF UPS keeps changing my arrival date. It was suppose to be today and now it's Monday.

No kidding. Mine was originally set to be delivered today, and now it says Tuesday. Glad I ordered a 2nd copy from NCSX with their fastest shipping option.

RevenantKioku

Valkyr Junkie said:
No kidding. Mine was originally set to be delivered today, and now it says Tuesday. Glad I ordered a 2nd copy from NCSX with their fastest shipping option.
You bought two copies.
Of a forty-five minute demo.
And a movie that only a poster like me could love.

Good lord.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Chocofro is OLD NEWS

GET WITH THE PROGRAM

*ROLLEYES MAJORIS*

Sazh does the jig when he's not firing :\

neojubei

Valkyr Junkie said:

I wish I could have ordered two copies.

Feral Youth said:
Dude's Afro was perfect after being under that hood.

Must be some sort of advanced gell at work.
Advancements in hair products are one of the many things to look forward to in a new Final Fantasy.

Just look at these glorious, golden locks. It's magic at work.

o71w76.jpg

neojubei said:
I wished Sazh had some magic attacks and weapon other than guns.
I'm hoping his baby chocobo becomes usable in battle. A passive ability that lets it occasionally stun enemies for 0 damage (but cancel their attacks) by flying around their head would be cool, just to throw a random example out there.

CloudV

Picked up my copy today after work and playing through it now. Some real time comments:

1. Battle music is win. Pure win. Loving it. For some reason it reminds me of a mix between FF12 and Crono Trigger. Can't put my finger on it but it is rocking.

2. Battles are fast! One thing, though, that I'm at a loss is cure. You select white magic > then you pick who you want to cure, then you can execute command. The thing is, while you're on this screen you can't have one cure on Sazh, then one on lightning, it seems. You have to cure Sazh, back out to the top menu, then select Lightning to cure her? Seems a little convoluted, unless I'm missing something.

3. The music after the first battle reminds me of Kingdom Hearts. Hollow Bastion? I think.

Top Bottom