• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

LiK

stuburns said:
That brand is super expensive, there's a store in London that sells some of their gear, it's like £600 for a nice jacket.

might be a good thing. less hideous cosplayers out there. :p

what's crazy is that I actually felt something at the end of Snow's portion of the demo because of how fucking amazing the visuals are, and the facial expressions.

the emotion could be mindblowing if the rest of the game follows suit.

Ceb

thetrin said:
At what point did people become so geographically sensitive? I don't remember giving a shit how "Japanese" something is until like, 3 years ago.

You're barking up the wrong tree here. :) Not part of the zipper hate brigade, etc.

I'm just a bit disappointed to see Square furthering the surly male/timid female stereotype.

StuBurns

Banned
Shadow780 said:
true...anyway you get my point.

under $2k (the whole set) would be ideal.
Indeed, I'm not so hot on the jacket, but the shirt is actually awesome, I'd be tempted I think.

Look at this...
12.jpg

Makes me sad...

Zoe

Ceb said:
EDIT: I see jett beat me to it. Yeah, it would be interesting if they could go for western motion actors for once to give the characters a more "neutral" feel.

God forbid people having to be exposed to non-AmericanWestern culture every once in a while!

LiK

joesmokey said:
Ah awesome, thanks, I didn't remember that at all. Mine still only says Order Received D:.

Hopefully they'll ship them out today.

they said on their site that if you preordered before 7pm yesterday, all preorders will ship today. :)

Shadow780 said:
can't stop custom mades on ebay!:lol

frack! :lol

Anastacio said:
So what characters do we know of so far?

Final Fantasy XIII
- Lightning
- Sazh Katzroy
- Snow Villiers
- Gadot
- Lebreau
- Maqui
- Oerba Dia Vanille
- Chocobo

- 5th NORA member
- Blonde woman
- Cocoon Leader

Final Fantasy Versus XIII
-

Final Fantasy Agito XIII
-

the blonde woman was called Sera i think

Durante

I actually enjoy the so-called "overacting". This may be a worn out argument, but it's Final Fantasy.

Himuro said:
When you watch a lot of anime and play Japanese games, it just gets to you.
Not necessarily, I've watched a bit of anime (93 d 12 h) and I don't mind it.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Himuro said:
I have nothing against the Japanese or whatever. I'm just tired of seeing the girl who walks with her arms folded behind her back or walks backward or whatever thing I've seen 1 million times.

Actually, wouldn't that be the exact definition of having something against the Japanese if you can't just adapt to it and let it be? Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Plus, c'mon Himu. We all know you are torn between wanting to be a weeaboo and wanting to be just like Drinky Crow. It tears you up on the inside that you can't be true to yourself.

Ceb

Himuro said:
I have nothing against the Japanese or whatever. I'm just tired of seeing the girl who walks with her arms folded behind her back or walks backward or whatever thing I've seen 1 million times.

Yeah. There's a lot of subpar performances in western media as well, but say... Elena in Uncharted just doesn't make me disconnect in the same way.

This isn't 1998 - do we really need a new Rinoa?

LiK

Himuro said:

well, that's just cliche/moe stuff that works for them. but i can't say it happens all the time in all movies/media. it's basically the same equivalent of the overly macho crazy marines in every war game ever made by the West. ;)

inner-G

Banned
Durante said:
I actually enjoy the so-called "overacting". This may be a worn out argument, but it's Final Fantasy.

Not necessarily, I've watched a bit of anime (93 d 12 h) and I don't mind it.
Couldn't agree more.

i'll take zany over-acted stuff over stiff, 'realistic'-ally behaving Elder Scrolls-type characters anyday.

I mean, c'mon, it's FF. The same series with the wonky sprites that jumped around and spun and shit.

RevenantKioku said:
Ugh.
Only if the game is properly designed around it. Otherwise, it is pointless.
It's not like it's mandatory to play a new game plus, and it'd take very little coding to make it happen. If you don't like it, ignore it.

Durante

Himuro said:
But you have a Gust avatar, of course you don't mind it.
This is true.

inner-G said:
i'll take zany over-acted stuff over stiff, 'realistic'-ally behaving Elder Scrolls-type characters anyday.

I mean, c'mon, it's FF. The same series with the wonky sprites that jumped around and spun and shit.
Exactly!

Ceb said:
Yeah. There's a lot of subpar performances in western media as well, but say... Elena in Uncharted just doesn't make me disconnect in the same way.
Uncharted isn't a Fantasy game
Well, most of it at least
, and it isn't Japanese.

Do all games have to converge in one homogenous soup?

LiK

Himuro said:
Has ANYONE who ordered at ncsx's status changed at all?

they'll ship it after 2pm like they always do. you'll get an email when it's shipped from ncsx AND UPS. don't sweat it dude ;)

LiK

Himuro said:
Don't use UPS. Screw UPS. When I saw you could order without using UPS I SIGHED IN RELIEF. UPS is terrible.

UPS ain't great but i always get my NCSX packages from them the next day. never failed.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
badcrumble said:
It's not like it's mandatory to play a new game plus, and it'd take very little coding to make it happen. If you don't like it, ignore it.
Do you know this for a fact or are you just guessing?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Okay what the hell... I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but Fedex called me and said I have to fill out some form or whatever because the package contains a video...

Kagari said:
Okay what the hell... I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but Fedex called me and said I have to fill out some form or whatever because the package contains a video...

CURSE YOU ADVENT CHILDREN COMPLEEEEEEEEETE!!

Alternatively,

CURSE YOU OSAKA WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!

jett said:
Eh, this looks way better than any MGS4 character. I think the problem that you mention is that they move in a very overacted animu/japanese way...just like most japanese games. Especially the woman. Could they make it more obvious that she's an innocent and frail little flower? :p If they had done the motion capturing with western actors it'd look very different I think.

You are not talking about the design are you O_O?

Is there a HD video of the intro/cg opening?

LiK

Kagari said:

that's a new one...poor Kagari

LiK

Kagari said:
The status says it's been delayed in Alaska still... what the fuck.

OH SHIT, alaska customs got it eh? i know a few dudes who've had their packages inspected there from Japan and they had to fill out a form for release. guess your pax was chosen. bad luck... :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
LiK said:
OH SHIT, alaska customs got it eh? i know a few dudes who've had their packages inspected there from Japan and they had to fill out a form for release. guess your pax was chosen. bad luck... :(

That's some ridiculousness right there.

RevenantKioku said:
Do you know this for a fact or are you just guessing?
Given that the modification/hack to the Final Fantasy 6 ROM that adds new game plus is only a couple of kilobytes, it's pretty clear that all it involves is taking portions of an endgame save data (levels, stats, equipment, abilities, whatever) and importing them into the beginning of a game. Pretty easy stuff.

Zoe

Ceb said:

This isn't 1998 - do we really need a new Rinoa?

And we get how many big budget Western games a year compared to big budget Eastern games? Come on. There's no reason to push for any "neutrality."

Durante

Second said:
Wow, the gamersyde pics are amazing. Downloading the torrents.

Are the CG's being rendered at native 1080p?
Apparently all the movies are 1080p. (I wonder if this will hold true for the full game. It almost certainly won't for the 360 version)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
LiK said:
yea, i've only heard of packages being inspected for import toys or other such items. never for a movie or game tho.

I've never had an issue with importing movie or game. This is the first time this has happened.

RevenantKioku

Himuro said:
I don't want to be like Drinky at all, but what I say is the truth. I got tired of "girl who walks with her arms folded behind her back" when I was 16. I like Japanese stuff but I'm not absolutely ridiculous about it. A guy can't love Japanese gaming without being a total fucking weeaboo?
Of course they can, but I dunno man. The stuff you say always comes off very forced like you are hiding something. You've changed man. You're not the same cool guy anymore. And I wanna cry.
Kagari said:
I've never had an issue with importing movie or game. This is the first time this has happened.
Is it wrong that I'm laughing?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kagari said:

What??? Where did you order from?

Kagari said:
That's some ridiculousness right there.

Damn, thats crazy for a movie and game??

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kagari said:
Play-asia.

Anyway, added the video links in the OP.

I see. Didn't I tell everyone to order from NCS? Well what is done is done and I am sure you will have your package in due time.

LiK said:
only happened to me once.

Did that happen when you ordered with NCSX? I thought NCSX deals with all that customs business.

Top Bottom