• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

StuBurns

Banned
Blimblim said:
DjMizuhara is doing everything, I'm just hosting the files.
That alone is great though, I'm not sure why, but the vast majority of game video hosting sites host the video in awful compression and make people sign up to download them in HD and things.

Looking forward to the Agito trailer.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
HK-47 said:
XII had limit breaks under a different name and system

I'd also like to know the answer to this

FFVI also did them first.

They were a pain in the arse to see, however.

Edit: Oh, Kioku, I never thought I'd see you suck so much. =/
I still like you, though.

jax (old)

Banned
The vs XIII trailer was so freaking stupid.

Lots of CG + boring no voice acting with 2 models walking around a room.

Don't quite feel like grabbing the FFXIII videos (yet).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
RevenantKioku said:
Ogre Battle, hate. Tactics, hate. FF Tactics, decent amount of hate. Vagrant Story, hate. FF12, you know the deal. If there is anything else, I hate it by proxy at this point.

Other than VS and FFT, I pretty much agree. I've never liked a Matsuno game myself. FFXII followed that trend. FFXIII seems to be back to what I've always loved about FF games.

Himuro said:
Yeah, I'm surprised in Zazh. I knew he'd be comedy relief but the guy just seems like a normal guy thrown in to a crazy situation, which is totally different from the rest of the cast. I can't wait to see how he develops.
he's also got the most lines in the game :lol should be entertaining

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Regulus Tera said:
FFVI also did them first.

They were a pain in the arse to see, however.

Edit: Oh, Kioku, I never thought I'd see you suck so much. =/
I still like you, though.
What did I do now?

Jax said:

it wasn't really a proper VS trailer, we saw the proper one a few months back - they just made that as a reaction to people claiming the game was vaporware (hence there being no VA, they'd not recorded any)

KTallguy

Banned
What? There's a movie? Oh I saw some other disk in there.

Yea, so I'm trying to figure out exactly how break works, but I believe it has to do with getting a high chain. But normal dudes die too quickly unless you time single attacks with Zazh's guns to keep the chain up.

Himuro said:
Yeah, I'm surprised in Zazh. I knew he'd be comedy relief but the guy just seems like a normal guy thrown in to a crazy situation, which is totally different from the rest of the cast. I can't wait to see how he develops.

He is still a bit outrageous though. The way he moves in battle is a bit cheesy but ... I think I like it for some reason :lol

LiK

KTallguy said:
He is still a bit outrageous though. The way he moves in battle is a bit cheesy but ... I think I like it for some reason :lol

maybe they'll tone him down for the final game. i hope...

stuburns said:
And New Game +

These should be a prerequisite for every RPG.

gawd i hope so.

Lucis

Jax said:

The Dialog is interesting. I'm too lazy to translate but i'm sure someone has done that already.
It kinda makes you wonder a few things about the game, especially the previous fighting prelude scene.

ALSO STELLA IS SO AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

KTallguy

Banned
Yea I don't mind him at all, honestly. I just think it's funny :)

I like how Lightning just does the strike a pose over and over again if you leave her alone.
I also can't believe how nice this game looks...

I'm sure there will be very hard enemies in the full game.
What I really hope for is to use the L and R buttons for like a "Use Curaga" or something.

Captain N

stuburns said:
And New Game +

New Game + would be awesome in RPGs!

I also hope you can keep playing after finishing the main story. Extra side quests would rock and DLC in the future..thanks.

FFChris

stuburns said:
And New Game +

Ach that would be amazing.

I don't think a FF has ever had one of those though, right? I'll be happy with some extremely difficult optional bosses.

StuBurns

Banned
FFChris said:
Ach that would be amazing.

I don't think a FF has ever had one of those though, right? I'll be happy with some extremely difficult optional bosses.
I think X-2 might have had it, but I always love that in games, I think it makes perfect sense for an RPG.

Durante

While we're dreaming it should have a new game+ / post-game mode like TWEWY (ie. one that allows you to revisit any part of the game out of order as often as you like)

Somewhat relatedly, is it possible that Square will do any significant DLC? Have they said anything about it?

Durante said:
While we're dreaming it should have a new game+ / post-game mode like TWEWY (ie. one that allows you to revisit any part of the game out of order as often as you like)

Somewhat relatedly, is it possible that Square will do any significant DLC? Have they said anything about it?

no DLC
they said they want everything on the disc

StuBurns

Banned
I'd be up for some Lost & the Damned style single player DLC side stories if they were to go for it, but it'll just mean their next full retail project will be even further away, which is terrifying.

Shadow780

stuburns said:
I'd be up for some Lost & the Damned style single player DLC side stories if they were to go for it, but it'll just mean their next full retail project will be even further away, which is terrifying.

Aren't Versus suppose to follow XIII, maybe one year apart?

Pachimari

So what characters do we know of so far?

Final Fantasy XIII
- Lightning
- Sazh Katzroy
- Snow Villiers
- Gadot
- Lebreau
- Maqui
- Oerba Dia Vanille
- Chocobo

- 5th NORA member
- Blonde woman
- Cocoon Leader

Final Fantasy Versus XIII
-

Final Fantasy Agito XIII
-

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
stuburns said:
And New Game +

Ugh.
Only if the game is properly designed around it. Otherwise, it is pointless.

Ceb

Rez said:
The clothes do indeed move fantastically, but I'm still not convinced the actual character movement itself is up to the same quality. It still looks very... I can't quite put a word on it, but it feels unnatural. They still move like Final Fantasy characters, as dumb as that statement sounds.

They have some "Japanese mannerisms" to them. I guess it's natural due to the origin of the motion actors, but it still creates a somewhat jarring look.

EDIT: I see jett beat me to it. Yeah, it would be interesting if they could go for western motion actors for once to give the characters a more "neutral" feel.

StuBurns

Banned
Shadow780 said:
Then he gets a head start for XIV, I hope for at least 2 mainline FFs this gen. :p
I hope Ito's boys are already deep into XIV, but XV yeah, maybe it'll be out this generation, I think XIII-2 or VIIR are more likely. Something less resource demanding.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
jett said:
It's crazy how everything moves properly in that Versus video. Noctis's shirt, coat, pants, even his freaking shoelaces. Stella's dress also animates awesomely...and her fucking belt buckle too. :lol No game released so far approaches this kind of detail. To be honest you have to wonder just how "real" this is.

suspect lack of zippers too

^^^I think that's because the clothes in this game's going to be sold in retail.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ceb said:
They have some "Japanese mannerisms" to them. I guess it's natural due to the origin of the motion actors, but it still creates a somewhat jarring look.

EDIT: I see jett beat me to it. Yeah, it would be interesting if they could go for western motion actors for once to give the characters a more "neutral" feel.

At what point did people become so geographically sensitive? I don't remember giving a shit how "Japanese" something is until like, 3 years ago.

joesmokey

So did anyone else who preordered from NCSX in January receive an email of some sorts yet? I'm getting a bit worried as I can't login to their site to check my status (apparently I don't have an account).

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
thetrin said:
At what point did people become so geographically sensitive? I don't remember giving a shit how "Japanese" something is until like, 3 years ago.

I was just thinking that myself.

Game made in Japan by the Japanese looks Japanese. Shock.

Shadow780

stuburns said:
That brand is super expensive, there's a store in London that sells some of their gear, it's like £600 for a nice jacket.

if it's £600 that's alright actually, by expensive I mean like Gucci or Armani suits...

Top Bottom