• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TheChillyAcademic said:
I suppose that is a possibility...I can't imagine it will be the sort of opus that FFXII's was, but its obvious that there were scenes missing in the demo, both CG and otherwise.

I bet HK's LIFE that isn't the intro in its entirety.

I dont have a "life" so I just take them to fill the void in my behavior core...psyche! I just like killing cause meatbags are a blight on the galaxy and its oh so satsifiying

HK-47 said:
I dont have a "life" so I just take them to fill the void in my behavior core...psyche! I just like killing cause meatbags are a blight on the galaxy and its oh so satsifiying

Self preservation is one of the base instincts of all sentient life, you are no different droid.

I have to say, the Versus trailer didn't impress me a great deal, not nearly as much as the Agito one.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TheChillyAcademic said:
Self preservation is one of the base instincts of all sentient life, you are no different droid.

I have to say, the Versus trailer didn't impress me a great deal, not nearly as much as the Agito one.

Its not hard to preserve myself from a hack lab coat like yourself.

Blablurn

just visited yesasia.com

2wn2q6f.jpg

finally!!

btw, does the movie run on a pal-system? did anyone try it yet?

HK-47 said:
Its not hard to preserve myself from a hack lab coat like yourself.

I'll have you know this coat was incredibly expensive. I bought it from idiot merchant on Tatooine. Know anything else was that left to rot in some store on that planet? :D

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TheChillyAcademic said:
I'll have you know this coat was incredibly expensive. I bought it from idiot merchant on Tatooine. Know anything else was that left to rot in some store on that planet? :D

Nope. I dont recall that in my memory banks.

jiggle

Can we get Agito trailer? D:

anyone mentioned bits of the vs13 trailer is in 3D yet? wish i have a glasses to see it with ; ;

Wasn't expecting a turn based battle.
I thought it was going to be like Final Fantasy Crisis Core.
Slightly disappointed but oh well.

Of course I'm still getting it.
Vs will fuel my action rpg hunger if it doesn't take forever to come out.

TheChillyAcademic said:
Yeah he is. Every time I've fought him, as his health gets low, he rhino rushes Snow over and over and over.

Seriously! I had him at one more hit from Snow's combo - but then he rushes me and I can't heal/get healed fast enough... Gah!

Will be playing again tomorrow...maybe I can beat him then.

Darkpen

Banned
TheChillyAcademic said:
Lightning is given Fire and Firaga while Snow is given Blizzard and Blizzaga (might actually be Blizzara).
I imagine that for the purpose of the combat system, -ga is most likely an AoE version of the normal spell, while the tier 1 is for the quick and fast combos.

But who knows, maybe we'll see an -ara that takes up 2 points.

Darkpen

Banned
Nikorasu said:
To be fair, I'm now well into the second half and there is a lot more stuff that has been fully rerendered than not. Almost the entire latter half of the film has been touched up with added effects and dirt/blood. The low res stuff was only noticable to me early on, at this point I can't really tell anymore. It all looks great.
Why don't you just watch the entire movie instead of doing fucking quality commentary after 10 minutes and telling us shit like upscaled 480p :mad:

Himuro said:
I dunno. My avatar is Squall Lionheart and they gave my man justice in KH. He's not about being emo. He's just a loner, is all. He's a leader at heart. He's a badass. He's a hard ass. KH and Disissida recognize this and do Squall justice.

But for some reason, they can never seem to do the same for the more popular character. I mean, Cloud's not even one of my favorite main characters in the series, far from it (well, he was when I was a teenager), but the crap Square has done to his character over the years is something I entirely disagree with.
Guys? Really? Do you really want to start this again? I don't know about you guys, but when I think "emo," hear "emo," or use "emo," I think about scene kids with heavy makeup, with trendy clothing, listening to Depesche Mode. Cloud is just a little down (okay, really down), but emo? Really?

Ballistictiger said:
Wasn't expecting a turn based battle.
I thought it was going to be like Final Fantasy Crisis Core.
Slightly disappointed but oh well.

Of course I'm still getting it.
Vs will fuel my action rpg hunger if it doesn't take forever to come out.
Get the fuck out

ATB =/= turn-fucking-based.

SE pretty much trashed Cloud's personality that's why people are saying that.
Like the other post said in the game Cloud pretty much found a place in life at the end of the game.

Then.....PROOF....depressed for no reason and ditches his friends to mope around with an illness.

Edit: Are you going to deny it's not a turn base battle for the character you're controlling?
After a attack there is a delay for the bar to fill up before you can attack again if you used it all up.

Awntawn

Ballistictiger said:
SE pretty much trashed Cloud's personality that's why people are saying that.
Like the other post said in the game Cloud pretty much found a place in life at the end of the game.

Then.....PROOF....depressed for no reason and ditches his friends to mope around with an illness.
The On The Way to a Smile stuff is supposed to explain all of that. His place in life, which is to save the world and protect the people he loves, kind of fell off after there was no more need for fighting. Add that to the fact that you've contracted an incurable terminal illness, it tends to take a lot out of your newly found happy personality.

Waikis

Auron_Kale said:
Seriously! I had him at one more hit from Snow's combo - but then he rushes me and I can't heal/get healed fast enough... Gah!

Will be playing again tomorrow...maybe I can beat him then.

bwah? is there a harder difficulty mode ? I seem to get it easily on my first try.

zoukka

Awntawn said:
The On The Way to a Smile stuff is supposed to explain all of that. His place in life, which is to save the world and protect the people he loves, kind of fell off after there was no more need for fighting. Add that to the fact that you've contracted an incurable terminal illness, it tends to take a lot out of your newly found happy personality.

Please don't try to defend AC. Pretty please!

Waikis said:
bwah? is there a harder difficulty mode ? I seem to get it easily on my first try.

Well, it was my second time fighting the boss and I'm still getting used to the fighting system.

Either way, I'm having a great time playing the demo.

KTallguy

Banned
Waikis said:

If you concentrate on mixing up magic and physical attacks, the bosses go down pretty easily. Also heal if your health gets yellow.

Nikorasu

Played through the demo twice. Battle system was pretty quick to figure out - juggling enemies is great - but I really would have liked more varied moves to play around with, or a summon or two. I also wish you could walk around in combat. Once I got hemmed in against a wall in the second boss fight and kept getting juggled until i died. I absolutely love the music. the Versus trailer definitely piqued my interest too. Are the voices supposed to be missing in the second part?

This package certainly rekindled my love for the series that I thought had disappeared. I realize it didn't go anywhere, it's just been too damn long since anything substantial came out. :lol
I may have to get a copy of FF12 international as it's the only main entry I haven't finished and maybe the 'fixed' battle system will be sufficient incentive.

Munba

I can confirm that FFAC movie is REGION FREE. I have PS3 EU and i just tried to see the movie. It works nicely. :)))))

Munba

Nikorasu

Darkpen said:
Why don't you just watch the entire movie instead of doing fucking quality commentary after 10 minutes and telling us shit like upscaled 480p :mad:

I just called it like I saw it. There is definitely some inconsistencies in the clarity of certain shots. The parts where Cloud speaks to rufus for the first time was fairly blurry, then some new dialogue popped up and bam, super sharp textures and well defined edges, then the scene reverts the old shots and everything looks fairly dull again. What's the problem with posting first impressions? Or are you just bitter I got you all worked up? :lol

Waikis

Nikorasu said:
I just called it like I saw it. There is definitely some inconsistencies in the clarity of certain shots. The parts where Cloud speaks to rufus for the first time was fairly blurry, then some new dialogue popped up and bam, super sharp textures and well defined edges, then the scene reverts the old shots and everything looks fairly dull again. What's the problem with posting first impressions? Or are you just bitter I got you all worked up? :lol

Yep.The Tifa fight scene ,for example, feels like an upscaled dvd.

Waikis said:
Yep.The Tifa fight scene ,for example, feels like an upscaled dvd.

You sure that's not all that dust and grime that they apparently added to that sequence?

I still remember the first trailer they had for ACC with comparisons between the DVD and Blu-ray versions. They showed a bunch of interlacing in the DVD window so it looked intentionally bad when I never really noticed it.

Nikorasu said:
Keep on going on I say.

I like to hear more about the differences and quality.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
So ACC features replaced music??? That bothers me. It doesn't bother me that they would do that if it improves the film, but I like to have the original on-hand if they change things in a film. (see Star Wars Special Editions...)

Does the original cut appear on the blu-ray? If not I might buy the original DVD as well... I waited all this time and a different movie appeared on blu-ray :p

Yeah.. I liked the movie for what it was.

TheChillyAcademic said:
I bet HK's LIFE that isn't the intro in its entirety.
I agree with that... I think the opening will be a re-edited and longer version than the one in the demo... but I personally think it will be roughly the same sequence, and not drastically different.

Here's what I'm betting: a more developed title logo cut, perhaps a lengthier monologue by the narrating girl, and certainly longer shots after they've entered cocoon. The attack on the train seems edited down for certain... particularly after the train falls to the lower track and then cuts to the survivors shooting at cocoon soldiers.

Aside from XII which was a drawn out Matsuno politico-military drama, all the FFs have had short lil punchy opening FMVs (VII-X-2).. I don't know why you think they're all so long.

jiggle

BocoDragon said:
and certainly longer shots after they've entered cocoon.

That's not the Cocoon they entered. At least i don't think so?

Rewatching all the videos just made me realize how much FF13's opening resemble FF7's XD

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
jiggle said:
That's not the Cocoon they entered. At least i don't think so?
I guess I don't really know. I thought so?

haha... we're clueless.

Top Bottom