• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

LiK

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Aaaagh, I knew I forgot to ask something. Was the redone-disc-art version of FFVII the original or International version? At this point I'm definitely not gonna hunt it down on eBay or whatnot, but I'm kinda curious.

i never saw the art for the normal International set. i think it's original for Advent Pieces. the art shows Aerith/s, Sephy and Cloud's heads on separate discs. they included a glass display so when you put them together, their heads are side by side. i have them in storage so no pics.

neojubei said:
The demo is in 1080p or just upscaling to 1080p, nice. :D

took some bad pics.

DSC05569.jpg

more impressions soon.

Sazh likes to look at boobies

StuBurns

Banned
Lightening is actually kind of hot. Never thought that about a game character before, worrying. Especially considering she's not particularly real looking.

JCreasy

I feel like the actual in-game character models look BETTER than the in-game-cutscene character models.

Anyone else peep this?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
JCreasy said:
I feel like the actual in-game character models look BETTER than the in-game-cutscene character models.

Anyone else peep this?

I have to agree, I love the detail in the in game characters.

For people who have the demo: Does it have DTS support? Like normally, or maybe if you turn off dolby digital 5.1 on your PS3, does DTS activate?

jett

D-Member
JCreasy said:

Anyone else peep this?

The field and cut-scene models look to be the same to me. The battle models are less detailed and have less polygons.

StuBurns

Banned
jett said:
The field and cut-scene models look to be the same to me. The battle models are less detailed and have less polygons.
Makes sense, if the 'cinematic' in-game character models will run in the environment for cutscenes, they can for level 'exploration'. They only need the extra power for the combat.

joesmokey

Is Blim still putting up videos (or the person doing it for him)?

I need a video of the Final Fantasy XIII title block unraveling if it's not out there already D:.

DarknessTear said:
For people who have the demo: Does it have DTS support? Like normally, or maybe if you turn off dolby digital 5.1 on your PS3, does DTS activate?
Doesn't normally, I'll test deactivating DD later.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Just beat the first boss in Lightning's part of the demo. The combat was fast pace and interesting, I think I am starting to like it.

neojubei said:
Just beat the first boss in Lightning's part of the demo. The combat was fast pace and interesting, I think I am starting to like it.
remember to try and launch enemies as much you can, your attack damage is much higher when you've got them in the air

StuBurns

Banned
joesmokey said:
I need a video of the Final Fantasy XIII title block unraveling if it's not out there already D:.
What is a 'title block'?

If you're after the pretty art behind the title thing, it's in the 'intro movie' video. If you want the plain black background, white text. It's in the first video.

Does anyone know what the deal is with that new character art on the official site? Apparently there's a hint in the art director's message.

H_Prestige said:
Does anyone know what the deal is with that new character art on the official site? Apparently there's a hint in the art director's message.

She's in a container
maybe that's a Fal'Cie? like the one you see being transported along with Vanille in the trailer

LiK

watching the movie FIRST :p

anyways, the Tifa cutscene someone mentioned doesn't look bad at all. the church scene has these tiny sparkling particles from the sunlight that is all over the place so it probably made it look bad. but it didn't look bad on my TV. kinda looks nice actually. anyways, still watching...

Hobbun

Well, I just started the demo, have only completed the first fight.

I'll be honest, I'm thoroughly confused. Just picking blue bubbles right now as I don't know what they say (I haven't memorized the info given on here, yet).

Also, it is happening what I was a bit confused with. The combat happens too quickly in being able to pick commands and watch what is going on. I find myself always looking down picking commands instead of watching the action as the Time Gauge fills so quickly. That was one of the problems I had in FF XII, their ATB bars filled so quickly and always found myself going in the menu (didn't really use gambits).

I am afraid with how fast combat is, this is what I will be doing constantly. One of the reasons I like the slower, turn-based battle systems is I can pick my battle command and it is slow enough to play out. Here, I pick my queue, but when the que is gone, I can pick again immediately.

I will play it some more though, I've only begun.

Hobbun said:
Well, I just started the demo, have only completed the first fight.

I'll be honest, I'm thoroughly confused. Just picking blue bubbles right now as I don't know what they say (I haven't memorized the info given on here, yet).

Also, it is happening what I was a bit confused with. The combat happens too quickly in being able to pick commands and watch what is going on. I find myself always looking down picking commands instead of watching the action as the Time Gauge fills so quickly. That was one of the problems I had in FF XII, their ATB bars filled so quickly and always found myself going in the menu (didn't really use gambits).

I am afraid with how fast combat is, this is what I will be doing constantly. One of the reasons I like the slower, turn-based battle systems is I can pick my battle command and it is slow enough to play out. Here, I pick my queue, but when the que is gone, I can pick again immediately.

I will play it some more though, I've only begun.

I have the same issues with the battle system. That's why in FFXII I always put it in wait mode so that at least the action would stop when I brought up the command window.

I always had mine in wait mode also so I'd have time to look but I'm also a big fan of gambits. I always had fun picking out how my characters would fight in boss battles, exploration, etc...

Yeah mine shipped today and I got the "economy bubble" (it's funny cuz the economy's bubble has popped amirite) shipping option from Play-Asia, who knows how long that's gonna be. But this thread has me hyped like crazy.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
stuburns said:
Lightening is actually kind of hot. Never thought that about a game character before, worrying. Especially considering she's not particularly real looking.

>_______________________________>

StuBurns

Banned
Llyranor said:
Well, at least he doesn't have a crush on some stupid robot.
I don't fancy her. I just think she looks great. I actually think it's the movement more than the ascetic.

EDIT: I want to clarify a little more, I've been thinking about it. I don't think she's sexy or find her attractive, but I do think she's beautiful. Usually with a game character I think they either look good or not, sometimes they look amazingly good, but I think Lightening is the first I've thought was beautiful. And I do think it's animation more than anything else, though I'm not sure.

rataven

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
OH MY GOD! YOU JUST REMINDED ME, IS MENA SUVARI STILL AERITH?!?!!
Forgot about that! Aerith really should be redubbed. Whoever voiced her in Crisis Core was so much better.

Hobbun

H_Prestige said:
I have the same issues with the battle system. That's why in FFXII I always put it in wait mode so that at least the action would stop when I brought up the command window.

Yes, I think Wait mode will be a necessity for this.

The problem is I will be constantly in Wait mode looking down at the menu picking commands because the Time Gauge and combat moves so quickly in general. That was the issue I had in XII.

And this is controlling only one character. But with three?

What is the yellow flag for? It makes sense in the demo as you control only one character as it shows you are controlling Lightning. But I thought the word was you controlled all characters in the final game? What would be the need for the flag, then?

Hobbun said:
Yes, I think Wait mode will be a necessity for this.

The problem is I will be constantly in Wait mode looking down at the menu picking commands because the Time Gauge and combat moves so quickly in general. That was the issue I had in XII.

And this is controlling only one character. But with three?

What is the yellow flag for? It makes sense in the demo as you control only one character as it shows you are controlling Lightning. But I thought the word was you controlled all characters in the final game? What would be the need for the flag, then?

Perhaps you control one character at a time, and the other two, are AI controlled (though you can set up command stocks for them manually yourself) and you switch leader on the fly

Llyranor

If you're allowed to queue up commands (eg. set them up before the action bar actually gets filled up), then the actual act of inputting commands should be pretty fast, so toggling between characters in full control should be manageable with some quick thinking and quick fingers.

Of course, Wait mode should be allowed for those who don't want that. Adjustable difficulty settings are great.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Is that battle theme we already had from the trailer or the boss theme from the demo?

And is the new rip longer or something?

Hobbun

BlazingDarkness said:
Perhaps you control one character at a time, and the other two, are AI controlled (though you can set up command stocks for them manually yourself) and you switch leader on the fly

God, I hope not. That would suck. Then it would be exactly like FF XII, but even worse as you wouldn't even have gambits to give them commands.

I hope it's where you input someone's command, then it switches to another person and so on. Just like the ATB used to work.

Top Bottom