• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

StuBurns

Banned
HK-47 said:
I hope Versus sticks to that Shakespeare quote it likes throwing around. I wont go easy on it if it doesnt
Hamlet was referring to a prison of circumstance I believe. Noctis being a prince, or lord, or whatever, is no doubt in a prison of circumstance himself. Perhaps him on the road with his friends is him breaking out of that.

Does anyone else notice that Noctis' character model looks more detailed and moves more fluidly in the DK3713 trailer compared to the same portion in the newer trailer?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Y2Kev said:
I think Stella is going to be a member of a rival family, etc., they don't realize that they are opposed to each other for a while, etc., they battle in a grand battle after realizing they can't be with each other, etc., they both die, etc., everyone realizes that both sides were wrong and both sides were right, etc.

Thats Romeo & Juliet, not Hamlet.

Awntawn

Oh by the way, the works of Shakespeare, great as he is, are not reality. Fantasy based on reality does not mean based off of a Shakespearean story >.>

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
H_Prestige said:
Does anyone else notice that Noctis' character model looks more detailed and moves more fluidly in the DK3713 trailer compared to the same portion in the newer trailer?

Looks the same to me.

StuBurns

Banned
Awntawn said:
Oh by the way, the works of Shakespeare, great as he is, are not reality. Fantasy based on reality does not mean based off of a Shakespearean story >.>
I don't think anyone thinks the game is a retelling of a Shakespeare play. It's just some relation I think, probably more for Nomura's romanticism and decadence or something.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Awntawn said:

Who said they were?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
H_Prestige said:
Really? I'm looking at the gametrailers video above and the part from 1:21 to 1:25 look noticeably worse than the part from 9:07 to 9:10.

I'll put in my DVD and look ;D

H_Prestige said:
Really? I'm looking at the gametrailers video above and the part from 1:21 to 1:25 look noticeably worse than the part from 9:07 to 9:10.

which bits look worse? or even different?
looks exactly the same to me, only the newer one is better image quality

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Y2Kev said:
What's your point? You don't think it's going to stick to Hamlet's story, do you? Is that what you meant?

No, I meant there is a reason they chose a Hamlet quote and not a Romeo & Juliet one. What that reason is, I guess we will see.

I just hope they arent throwing it around to get some highbrow cred and its important the overall concept of the game

HK-47 said:
No, I meant there is a reason they chose a Hamlet quote and not a Romeo & Juliet one. What that reason is, I guess we will see.

I just hope they arent throwing it around to get some highbrow cred and its important the overall concept of the game

it's probably a large inspiration to the style and themes of the game, given that it's directed by Nomura, it's definitely gonna be somewhat flamboyant and dramatic

Shadow780

BlazingDarkness said:
it's definitely gonna be somewhat flamboyant and dramatic

282versusdk2.jpg

mirite?

jett

D-Member
Valkyr Junkie said:
Yeah, obviously if the original movie was rendered at 720x480, then that's it. There's nothing they can do to improve that aside from re-rendering the entire film again which is pretty much an impossibility. It's just weird that The Spirits Within on BD looks incredible which means it must have been rendered at 1080P. When you compare ACC and TSW, the budgets are actually pretty close according to Wikipedia, and you would anticipate the extra few years would lead to technical improvements during development, but they likely still used the same render farm. Assuming the one from Hawaii still exists.

But yeah, the sound is definitely improved and the additional content looks to make it fit much better with the lore of the series.

I think it's cheap as fuck they didn't bother to render the original AC in the usual 4Kx2K proper CG films are rendered at.

BlazingDarkness said:
which bits look worse? or even different?
looks exactly the same to me, only the newer one is better image quality

I really wish I knew how to .gif those parts so I could show you what I'm talking about. They look completely different to me, almost as if they decided to use an updated model of Noctis in the older trailer because they only showed him briefly, but had to reuse the older model in the newer trailer because the entire scene hadn't been updated to the newer build.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
BlazingDarkness said:
it's probably a large inspiration to the style and themes of the game, given that it's directed by Nomura, it's definitely gonna be somewhat flamboyant and dramatic

My problem with Noruma is he doesnt know how to control it. His plots often spiral into WTF land

StuBurns

Banned
H_Prestige said:
I really wish I knew how to .gif those parts so I could show you what I'm talking about. They look completely different to me, almost as if they decided to use an updated model of Noctis in the older trailer because they only showed him briefly, but had to reuse the older model in the newer trailer because the entire scene hadn't been updated to the newer build.
The model does seem different, I wouldn't say it was worse.

A pic for people.

Picture2copy.png

New on the left, old on the right.

Awntawn

HK-47 said:
Who said they were?
no one did really, but i've just sensed somewhat of a vibe ever since the first trailers came out that had the "this is a fantasy based off reality" thing along with the line from hamlet, there seemed to be that thought just floating out there, barely tangible, of, maybe this is based on shakespeare ;p

HK-47 said:
My problem with Noruma is he doesnt know how to control it. His plots often spiral into WTF land

i like that myself though :lol I like to have to put the pieces together myself rather than have it told straight
I think if it has all of the good elements (character/design/script etc) then i don't mind that it goes a bit crazy

Hobbun

I am trying to watch ACC with English dubs, but cannot figure out where the option is to turn it on.

The main menu has Play, Settings, Special 1 and Special 2. But Specials 1 & 2 are extra features.

Play obviously plays the movie. So I figure it is under Settings. But the only two options I have found are to turn the Japanese Subtitles on or off and the other option is "Sound", which I think is the difference type of sound for the stereo (DDS, etc.) Either way, it didn't change the dub to English.

Where do you turn on the English dubs?

Synless

You guys can quote me here and now, Versus will kick fucking ass. All the Nomura haters will be silenced by it's awesome.

Hobbun said:
I am trying to watch ACC with English dubs, but cannot figure out where the option is to turn it on.

The main menu has Play, Settings, Special 1 and Special 2. I am assuming Specials 1 & 2 are extra features.

Play obviously plays the movie. So I figure it is under Settings. But the only two options I have found are to turn the Japanese Subtitles on or off and the other option is "Sound", which I think is the difference type of sound for the stereo (DDS, etc.)

Where do you turn on the English dubs?

pretty sure its under sound
or whatever is left of the subs

Replicant

Noctis and Stella's first meeting reminds me of Squall and Rinoa's first meeting except that this time around there's a tint of sadness to this one.

I also like the way it captures that moment when two people who never meet each other lock eyes and feel that inexplicable pull and attraction towards each other.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Synless said:
You guys can quote me here and now, Versus will kick fucking ass. All the Nomura haters will be silenced by it's awesome.

Oh, I fully expect it to be awesome. May end up being better than XIII too.

Synless

Kagari said:
Oh, I fully expect it to be awesome. May end up being better than XIII too.
I honestly think there is a good possibility looking at all the talent behind it that it very well may be better. My reason for thinking this is I like the atmosphere better, the music seems better, the graphics are fucking awesome, and the translation of the text in that movie above leads me to believe the story will be more mature as well. I will not change my avatar from anything other then FFvsXIII characters until this game comes out.

jiggle said:
Stella's RT model is kinda bad compared to that, isn't it? Outside of the close up of her flipping her hair at the beginning, she looks kinda big faced :X
Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!

stuburns said:
The model does seem different, I wouldn't say it was worse.

A pic for people.

Picture2copy.png

New on the left, old on the right.

Yes, this is exactly what I'm talking about, thank you. The one on the right looks considerably better, especially in motion.

Synless

H_Prestige said:
Yes, this is exactly what I'm talking about, thank you. The one on the right looks considerably better, especially in motion.
The facial structure from the one on the right looks better to me. I think I like it more because he looks more pissed.

Lucis

jiggle said:
Stella's RT model is kinda bad compared to that, isn't it? Outside of the close up of her flipping her hair at the beginning, she looks kinda big faced :X

DO NOT FUCKING JUDGE MY STELLA

ステラきゃわいいよぉステラ!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The two models look identical, the one on the right is squinting.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
H_Prestige said:

I see it now. Still looks amazing for being so early though, you can't argue there.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Synless said:
There is huge difference in the chin area.

It's the lighting that makes the right one look thinner, I overlaid them in PS, it's the same thing.

Top Bottom