• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Ephemeris

onemic said:
Your store gave it to you early......Damn it!!!!

A couple stores in NYC (and newark NJ of all places) has it. One place in queens was selling it for $5 extra.

I know a bunch of places that will be selling it on monday as well. I opted for the 360 version cause of my
freakin-lame-ass-won't-let-me-expand-my-ps3-library
friends that only have a 360, and my buds on Live. The game is... wow. So many little details that makes the experience "next gen". I can drive the cars; but making tight turns at high speeds and other crazy moves are very difficult. : /

guise

The flash banner at the top of the gametrailers page says Watch now for me (GMT + 1 - London time) but it click through to a page which doesnt exist

guise said:
The flash banner at the top of the gametrailers page says Watch now for me (GMT + 1 - London time) but it click through to a page which doesnt exist
It's the same for me (UK here). They probably haven't put up the video yet.

guise

Well im going to go and eat some breakfast and by the time im back hopefully its up and its spoilerificness confirmed

painey said:
2445473804_230ee216fd.jpg

Full page advert in UK newspaper news of the world
0aa129c271.gif

I'm sure the lollipop girl is somewhere...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Yoboman said:
There's a "Watch Now" image, probably being uploaded right now
It's been saying watch now for the past couple of hours here in Australia. Stupidly it seems the countdown is related to your computer's internal clock.

Xdrive05

Rez>You said:
It's been saying watch now for the past couple of hours here in Australia. Stupidly it seems the countdown is related to your computer's internal clock.

What kind of stupid knob jockeys would write the javascript code (or whatever they're using) to read from your PC clock! Seriously, WTF? That's the kind of shitty mistake intro web development students would do.

I guess I gave them too much credit. Fuck them up their stupid asses.

Love,
Jay and Silent Bob

Manager

Rez>You said:

Just to confirm that, been the same for me in Europe since a couple of hours.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
And so Gametrailers crashes :lol

EDIT: Only for a minute or so. lol though

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Ether_Snake said:
WOOO just checked my mail, Amazon says it should arrive on the 29th, so I might get it on the 30th in the end:D

So that means I have to go buy my PS3 on Thursday (and my HD TV, ouch my wallet).

Did you do one-day shipping? I haven't gotten any notification yet.

guidop

Rez>You said:

its been like that all day pretty much since like 10 o'clock for me in Melbourne

Xdrive05

rod said:
so no new reviews yet??

Apparently they embargo lifts in about two and a half hours. (noon EST)

But you wouldn't know that from following the GT site unless you lived on the west coast. Apparently there WAS a time machine in Idiocracy afterall.

ChrisD84

Has anyone in the UK gotten their copy early from the HMV website? Mine was shipped on thursday with special delivery, but i can't even track it yet, so i doubt i'll be getting it tomorrow.

Xdrive05 said:
Apparently they embargo lifts in about two and a half hours. (noon EST)

But you wouldn't know that from following the GT site unless you lived on the west coast. Apparently there WAS a time machine in Idiocracy afterall.

Why is this spoilered, I'm guessing to avoid hurting any of that site's employees that post here? :lol

Acid08 said:
Because it's a party man. Get drunk, hit on the one female store employee, then get your game and go home!

You mean the pale, smelly, woman with tats and piercings all over her body? Knock yourself out, because having around a store for 6 hours is just beyond asinine.

Cdammen

TeTr1C said:
TWO MORE DAYS! THATS IT!

The wait is AGONIZING.
It really is. I haven't watched a single gameplay video. I didn't even watch the latest trailer and I've been avoiding every GIF in the GTA4 threads... but that has made the wait even more hard because I haven't had anything to tide me over :(

Kibbles

GameTrailers Review should be up any second now according to their site.

Ok... it says Watch Now, but when I click it, it says 'undefined'.

Jel0man

Edit:p

GTA IV indeed has multiple endings as IGN reported in it's review. Just forget about the rest for now, you'll find that out for yourself:lol.

Kibbles

Goreomedy said:
People don't read threads anymore, do they?
Not 106 pages, no.

I've been able to get the links up from GT before because they have to upload the stuff early and all you have to do is put _vr.mov

Sylar

Banned
Wow it's so hard to not highlight those spoilers. I'm going to have to ignore you (nothing personal) to stop myself from reading them. :lol

SPOILER PROPOSAL

In this hectic time of the release of one of our medium's finest games, I propose that we take not only great care not to spoil spoilery spoilers, but to also help our friends who may have gotten to a certain point in the game but not further.

To this end, I propose that before a particular spoiler, you note where in the game you are, in the following format:

MISSION STRING/MISSION # IN THAT STRING

For example:

ESCUELA/03
ASDGFASDGFASDGFASDGFASDGFASDGFASDGFASDGFASDGFASDGFASDGFASDGFASDGF

Can we do this? Can we all pledge to do this?

I think this thread will be all the better for it.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
flunkie4455 said:
I just accidentally read those spoilers. FUCK! :'(

Thought he was just talking about a mission, eh?

I don't see the point in posting endgame spoilers. It adds nothing to the thread but anxiety.

jaaz

I find review embargoes amusing. It's like a hurricane, with the calm before the storm and then all of a sudden as the embargo lifts we get a ton of reviews uploaded to the web at or around the same time. Oh look its gametrailers', hey there's eurogamer's, gamespot's is up (on second thought, screw gamespot).

Flunkie

Banned
Goreomedy said:
Thought he was just talking about a mission, eh?

I don't see the point in posting endgame spoilers. It adds nothing to the thread but anxiety.
That's kinda what I thought, so I highlighted the first spoiler, and it was something that everyone already knows if they read the IGN review, but I accidentally highlighted the second one along with it, and it's a major story spoiler. :'(

Big_T

Just got the game, installing now.
The game shop was full of people waiting for the game only ps3 version available
ٍSorry for the picture quality.
edit:
Btw i got the game from a game shop in Kuwait

27042008e1c8f.jpg

270420080010b9df.jpg

Eric WK

Why do you keep posting spoilers, Jel0? There's absolutely no reason to do it - you haven't played the game and found something cool, you're just taking spoilers and bringing them here.

NeoUltima

flunkie4455 said:
I just accidentally read those spoilers. FUCK! :'(
Ye me too...was it really necessary to post it(if its true)? I know it was spoilered and all but at this point in time does anyone need or even want to know that? I read it cause I figured it was something small...I think Jel0man should unspoiler that first set of 'spoiled words' because they aren't spoilers IMO, but they can warn what the storyline spoilers refer to...I just went and highlighted the whole post at once and I saw it...

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Big_T said:
Just got the game, installing now.
The game shop was full of people waiting for the game only ps3 version available

:lol

I swear, Rockstar will delay the next GTA release a full week for Eur/Aus.

Jel0man

Eric WK said:
Why do you keep posting spoilers, Jel0? There's absolutely no reason to do it - you haven't played the game and found something cool, you're just taking spoilers and bringing them here.

Yeah I editted my post, I'll stop now;).

Top Bottom