• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

dejay

Banned
Xdrive05 said:
I had a little better luck, but no early buys. Mine called and said they have the game and will be doing a midnight launch (duh!). But apparently they're throwing a big ass party at freaking 6pm through midnight, to process the orders so we can get our shit and leave at midnight sharp.

What we're supposed to do for 6 hours before getting the game I do not know. I've waited three hours before (Halo 2 and Halo 3) but not six. I'm curious to show up that early just to see what all the fuss is about. Or I could, you know, show up about eleven!

I'm gonna watch a movie (probably Forgetting Sarah Marshall, supposed to be funny) and by the time that ends I'll wonder over at around 11.30. I'm all paid up so I don't have to arrange anything else.

Xdrive05 said:
I had a little better luck, but no early buys. Mine called and said they have the game and will be doing a midnight launch (duh!). But apparently they're throwing a big ass party at freaking 6pm through midnight, to process the orders so we can get our shit and leave at midnight sharp.

What we're supposed to do for 6 hours before getting the game I do not know. I've waited three hours before (Halo 2 and Halo 3) but not six. I'm curious to show up that early just to see what all the fuss is about. Or I could, you know, show up about eleven!

No way I am going there at 6:00. My shit is paid off already, so there is nothing for me to do. I get home from work around 5:30 so I am going to take a nap until about 10 then go. I will spend the next 14 or so hours playing nonstop!!!

dedhead54

Why WHY WHYYY anyone would go to EBGames at 6:00pm on Monday is beyond me. God that would suck to hang out at a videogame store for 6+ hours. :lol

helium121

Banned
Probably not the bundle he saw but the box that had the collectors edition in it. The box is about the size of what the hardware usually comes in and has the do not sell stickers on it.

Gamestop is running a special starting on Monday that if you buy a PS3 with GTA, you get one of Sony's first party games for 50% off. The new versions not used.

dedhead54 said:
Why WHY WHYYY anyone would go to EBGames at 6:00pm on Monday is beyond me. God that would suck to hang out at a videogame store for 6+ hours. :lol

Unless they had free beer and nekkid women everywhere!!!!!! That would pull me away from my nap!!!!!!!

Acid08

Banned
dedhead54 said:
Because it's a party man. Get drunk, hit on the one female store employee, then get your game and go home!

Acid08 said:
Because it's a party man. Get drunk, hit on the one female store employee, then get your game and go home!

The one I go to has two females and neither are anything to write home about. They are gamers, so they do get points for that.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
dedhead54 said:

Because the store clerks want to feel like they are important, for those six hours.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Bah, the game was on sale at some stores here in euroland saturday, but i didnt bother to check them thinking they wouldnt start selling them yet. From what i heard they only had 500, hope i can go there monday morning and pick one up :D

If not, im gonna cry.

MercuryLS

Banned
I'm going to head to my local flee market tomorrow and see if I can score the game. If anyone is going to break a release date, it's them.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
WOOO just checked my mail, Amazon says it should arrive on the 29th, so I might get it on the 30th in the end:D

So that means I have to go buy my PS3 on Thursday (and my HD TV, ouch my wallet).

Xdrive05

Does anyone know when the review embargo lifts? That site that starts with "K" is posting theirs tomorrow morning at 9 pacific, noon eastern. Would that be the same for all other sites?

Ether_Snake said:
WOOO just checked my mail, Amazon says it should arrive on the 29th, so I might get it on the 30th in the end:D

So that means I have to go buy my PS3 on Thursday (and my HD TV, ouch my wallet).

Hell, go buy it now!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
cjtiger300 said:
Hell, go buy it now!

I could go tomorrow but I might get a lift on Thursday so I don't feel like paying for taxi (I'm not taking that stuff back home on the subway). Anyway, I'm not gonna start playing till Friday that's for sure.

Looks like I'll be playing all weekend after all:p

-Mikey-

Xdrive05 said:
Does anyone know when the review embargo lifts? That site that starts with "K" is posting theirs tomorrow morning at 9 pacific, noon eastern. Would that be the same for all other sites?

Yea, its the same for everyone. Gametrailers I know has had a countdown for when their review goes up. Kinda sad but whatever.

dasupremeone said:
A ps3 hardware bundle. Still in the UPS packaging, had a special slip saying not to sell until the 29th.

What!? I almost bought a plain ol' 40gig today. Maybe I should wait and see?

Edit: Ah, collector's edition box...

dedhead54 said:
well, the GS I'm going to is having game tournaments and free food leading up to the release (if you preorder). I thought it was pretty cool, but I really don't want to hang down there all night. I'm going to go by just before the store closes.

knitoe

Awesome. My X360 $53 (total) pre-order shipped yesterday from Familyvideo.com. Unfortunately, selected slow ass postal mail shipping option. Usually, I have still been getting them within 3-4 days. Praying it'll be here Tuesday.

Loudninja said:
1 more day for you guys,a little longer for me.

2 days, 55 minutes left here :(

The wait is agonizing, I don't think I have ever felt this way over an entertainment product. console releases haven't even gotten me this worked up. passing the time is incredibly hard.

If i didn't have anything to do the next couple days, i would start fucking with my sleep schedual so i would wake up at about 8PM before the midnight launch to be able to play the game for the next day or two strait.

UGH. What the fuck is wrong with me. I held out so long, but fucked up in the end. If you decide to watch one of those streams HIDE THE DAMN CHAT SECTION. I just had the ending ruined for me.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
BobFromPikeCreek said:
UGH. What the fuck is wrong with me. I held out so long, but fucked up in the end. If you decide to watch one of those streams HIDE THE DAMN CHAT SECTION. I just had the ending ruined for me.
a sociopathic killer from russia who came to america because his cousin promised him welath and happiness turnes out to be an undercover cop his then proceeds to kills hi cousin? that sounds GTA to you? the police would allow a guy to murder as many peopel he wants to get to that conclussion? totally fake man.

Iamthegamer said:
a sociopathic killer from russia who came to america because his cousin promised him welath and happiness turnes out to be an undercover cop his then proceeds to kills hi cousin? that sounds GTA to you? the police would allow a guy to murder as many peopel he wants to get to that conclussion? totally fake man.
I'm starting to get more and more confident that it's not the ending, yeah. Anyway, from now on I'm hiding that god forsaken chat to be safe.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
BobFromPikeCreek said:
I'm starting to get more and more confident that it's not the ending, yeah. Anyway, from now on I'm hiding that god forsaken chat to be safe.
that's too bad, it really is a hilarious chat. you just walked in at the most inopportune time....ever. Seriously.

witness

Is the game 1080i on PS3? I ask this because I have one of those 1080i/480p only tv's and I think i'm gonna get a PS3 when I get my 'tax surplus check' this week.

Somnia

witness said:
Is the game 1080i on PS3? I ask this because I have one of those 1080i/480p only tv's and I think i'm gonna get a PS3 when I get my 'tax surplus check' this week.

Yes the game is 720/1080i/1080p

Narcosis

A 6 hour launch event at a gamestore?
o_O

No way in hell I'd do it. I'm just gonna come home after work and wait for the mailman to arrive with mine.

Acid08

Banned
Narcosis said:
A 6 hour launch event at a gamestore?
o_O

No way in hell I'd do it. I'm just gonna come home after work and wait for the mailman to arrive with mine.
The launch event consists of you paying for your pre-order and trading in games. YAY!

Top Bottom