• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Iamthegamer said:
a sociopathic killer from russia who came to america because his cousin promised him welath and happiness turnes out to be an undercover cop his then proceeds to kills hi cousin? that sounds GTA to you? the police would allow a guy to murder as many peopel he wants to get to that conclussion? totally fake man.
Why would you not know you are a cop throughout the whole game until the end?

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
BobTheFork said:
The embargo ends at 9pst, thats 9 hours 45 minutes away....right?

I am calling it now...

Expect to see at least one site attempt to generate traffic by going against IGN's claims and statiing the the 360 has superior graphics.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Bojanglez said:
I am calling it now...

Expect to see at least one site attempt to generate traffic by going against IGN's claims and statiing the the 360 has superior graphics.

Expect massive meltdowns on GAF if anybody gives less than a 9.

Or if somebody slags off one of the versions for whatever reason. IGN is usually kinda diplomatic.

I've got beer and chips ready for the entertainment. Perfect 10's will be boring.

Tieno

Bojanglez said:
I am calling it now...

Do that pre-emptive shit in the other thread.

painey

evepacksm.jpg

I just realised the new Burger Shot logo is a parody of the Quake logo :lol

Blackhead

Redarse
Is it possible to get a tour of the city? Like can you ask a taxi driver to show you the landmarks or find a tourist guide of some sort?

Cdammen

Can anyone confirm if the PAL release is "60Hz only"? I really want to record some crazy stunts and such when I get my copy but my caption card only allows 50Hz PAL signals.

nofi

Tanned Greyface said:
Is it possible to get a tour of the city? Like can you ask a taxi driver to show you the landmarks or find a tourist guide of some sort?

Taxis only take you to certain locations, but it's cool to sit back and watch the world go by as they drive you around.

Cdammen said:
Can anyone confirm if the PAL release is "60Hz only"? I really want to record some crazy stunts and such when I get my copy but my caption card only allows 50Hz PAL signals.

No mention of such restrictions on the box.

dejay

Banned
I think I'll skip on the chopper tours until I get to fly one.

Anyway, only 27 hours or so for me to go. I'm actually glad tomorrow is going to be an 11 hour work day - between that and sleep and dinner and a movie, midnight will be here before I know it.

pubba

Tanned Greyface said:

This would be a brilliant idea! If not, they should definitely include it in the DLC.

I remember spending ages just asking folks in Shenmue to take me somewhere and then looking around at the environments :D

Lakitu

st5fu
Ok, this is a weird question... but how is the driving mechanic in GTA 4? I know most of the time I just drive around other cars, but it really annoys me that in the past games, the traffic was SO SLOW? Literally moving at 10mph, it was unrealistic. If it were moving like that in real life, I'd probably pull my hair out. Have they improved that in this one?

I posted this in the wrong thread previously... too many GTA 4 threads.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's so damn close... can't fucking believe it.

Goldrusher

Anyone have a scan or photo of the little map with the suburbs ?

dasupremeone said:
319 quid is how much in the states, too lazy to find a conversion table?

Go to Google, "319 GBP to USD"

631.65 USD

Ephemeris

I heart this game so FUCKING much. Fave moment of the night:

I was going around robbing people with my recently attained shotgun and feeling rather smug. I saw this guy and decided to pick on him. He goes and runs into a corner. I'm like "LOL you can't run from me. Gimme the loot, gimme the loot!!"

So I walk right up to where he's hiding and turn the corner (at the angle my camera's at I could barely see him). Just as I was about to push LT to bring up my gun to aim.. BOOOM! Shotgun blast - point blank - to my chest.

I fall. Sprawled on the floor. Dead.

Didn't see that shit coming AT ALL. :lol

The Reaction of everyone in the room:
1b9e0926011599a607e43d0nb3.gif

guise

painey said:
2445473804_230ee216fd.jpg

Full page advert in UK newspaper news of the world

I saw the same ad in the Metro the other day (free paper which everyone reads on the tube). Im surprised at how little MS seem to be pushing the marketing over here

Onemic

Ephemeris said:
I heart this game so FUCKING much. Fave moment of the night:

I was going around robbing people with my recently attained shotgun and feeling rather smug. I saw this guy and decided to pick on him. He goes and runs into a corner. I'm like "LOL you can't run from me. Gimme the loot, gimme the loot!!"

So I walk right up to where he's hiding and turn the corner (at the angle my camera's at I could barely see him). Just as I was about to push LT to bring up my gun to aim.. BOOOM! Shotgun blast - point blank - to my chest.

I fall. Sprawled on the floor. Dead.

Didn't see that shit coming AT ALL. :lol

The Reaction of everyone in the room:
]http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/8519/1b9e0926011599a607e43d0nb3.gif[/IMG]

Your store gave it to you early......Damn it!!!!

Xdrive05

So is there going to be an official "reviews" thread or will we just use this?

Also, does GAMETRAILERS say it'll be about 20 more minutes till the review (and embargo lifts) for you guys as well?

Top Bottom