• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Himuro said:
That mission was fucking awesome. Took me 2 tries to beat it though.

I got lucky this time and beat it on the first try, but I remember the first time I beat the game it took me at least two tries if not three. This is alwasy my favorite part of GTA, after I've beaten it. With GTA for some reason I have to beat the story before I can kick back and just enjoy screwing around in the game.

To those asking...

GTA019.jpg

1 month it is.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Himuro said:
The part where Tenpenny's on the fire truck was tough for some reason. That was the only part for me.

But the pay off was worth it. When dude gets owned and stabbed by the statue I cheered. Such a great villian.

Definitely, I always struggled to keep up with the firetruck to catch Sweet when he fell. The combat part of the mission is cake. Tenpenny is definitely my favorite GTA bad guy. They did a good job of giving you a nemesis from the get go in SA so that when you finally beat him it is a big deal.

MMaRsu

Am I the only one who can't download the Gametrailers.com HD review?

It starts downloading and then within 1 second it's already done. 0kb file :\

MercuryLS

Banned
newsguy said:
I think he knows that, but what he's saying is that in the middle of a firefight the last thing you want to do is baby the trigger. When the adrenaline is going you tend to squeeze the shit out of that thing.

First thing I did when I played it was turn off auto-aim, more fun that way IMO.

Captain Pants said:
Definitely, I always struggled to keep up with the firetruck to catch Sweet when he fell. The combat part of the mission is cake. Tenpenny is definitely my favorite GTA bad guy. They did a good job of giving you a nemesis from the get go in SA so that when you finally beat him it is a big deal.
I just re-did that mission last night. I died so many times escaping from the building, that I just turned invincibility on :lol . Oddly, I did the chase part on the first try.

The main thing I took away from my session last night: holy shit, I can't believe I put up with that control scheme! It's fine for tooling around, but in the heat of battle I felt so incompetent (which was probably as much my own incompetence as it was the control scheme's)

Monday- Sleep/nap all day

Tuesday-
7AM- Wake Up
8AM- Pick up GTA4
9AM- Start playing
5PM- Go To Work
5PM- 11PM - Think strategy
11PM- GTA 4 play resumes

Wednesday
6AM- 3 hour nap
7AM- resume play.

Rapping Granny said:
Monday- Sleep/nap all day

Tuesday-
7AM- Wake Up
8AM- Pick up GTA4
9AM- Start playing
5PM- Go To Work
5PM- 11PM - Think strategy
11PM- GTA 4 play resumes

Wednesday
6AM- 3 hour nap
7AM- resume play.

End Result:
soned-homer.jpg

ntb825

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but you can force the PS3 version to display in 1080p and IMO it doesn't seem to affect the framerate. :D

ant1532

Banned
Tiduz said:
from the other thread:
track02.jpg

thanks to Hooterville
didn't the others have more than 16 songs? I like what I see don't get me wrong, but doesn't seem like theres that much. Is there some special incorporation of playlists or just the normal 360 playlist feature.

My schedule:

Monday

7:30-11: work
11-1: present final film project
1-2: final
2-3: final
3:30-5: work
5-11:50: work on take home film final
11:51:drive to Gamestop
Midnight: Pick Up GTA4

Tuesday

Midnight til infinity: play GTA4

ntb825 said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but you can force the PS3 version to display in 1080p and IMO it doesn't seem to affect the framerate. :D

Its upscaled, and it shouldn't affect framerate.

My schedule:

Monday:

3am: sleep
3pm: wake up
10pm: go to EB games
12-1ish am: come back, start playing

wednesday:

18pm: eat somethin maybe
37pm: sleep

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Jesus, been playing San Andreas all weekend and after watching that GT vid review, I already like Nico better than any of the characters in SA.

Oh and thanks JERKS for spoiling the end of SA...I mean it's somewhat old, but not everyone did plow through to the final mission. I only just made it to San Fierro for the first time ever and already I know what becomes of things...:(

Brandon F said:
Jesus, been playing San Andreas all weekend and after watching that GT vid review, I already like Nico better than any of the characters in SA.

Oh and thanks JERKS for spoiling the end of SA...I mean it's somewhat old, but not everyone did plow through to the final mission. I only just made it to San Fierro for the first time ever and already I know what becomes of things...:(

you really are gonna play GTA:SA with GTA4 coming out? :lol

SeaOfMadness said:
ok here's a stupid question (probably).

if you didn't preorder, is there still a chance of getting this day 1?

Extremely high chance. There will be more than enough copies for a game with this much hype.

jaaz

ntb825 said:

Sweet! Thanks.

Do you know if the audio is 5.1 or 7.1 uncompressed?

bumpkin

Okay, so I broke my cardinal rule and watched footage of the game in the form of GameTrailers.com's video review. Man... I want this game NOW. The wait until Tuesday is going to be excruciating!

jaaz

Antdogg355 said:
I just beat GTA3 for the first time so now I am officially ready for Tuesday. :D

That last mission was a bitch, wasn't it? But Maria was hot (in a pixelated sort of way), so it was worth it. :D

X26

Banned
I don't know if my EB is having a midnight launch, but hopefully they do and plenty show up so on tuesday morning when I pick mine up there's less of a crowd /wishful thinking

Once I get it I plan on playing till I pass out, unless I can't read the text/minimap at all on my SDTV, in which case I'll have to run out and buy at the very least a 360 vga cable

dralla

Can someone give me a brief overview of the GT review? I don't want to spoil anything

ps. Why isn't this thread stickied yet?

Manager

Does anyone know what the title is on the song played in the Gametrailers review? Played from 9:50 and 30 seconds forward.

Google doesn't help, lyrics is something:
I said, I'm riding with my truck down,
Hey, come on, lets go,
Blabla bouncin'
blabla fountain
running like a mountain

That doesn't make any sense so I guess I hear it wrong.

edit
Found it in the OST list, was Swizz Beatz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8k1aLgdRX4

Brandon F said:

I'm pretty sure that the spoiler statute of limitations on San Andreas has passed. That's the risk of being LTTP, I guess. (it's still worth playing)

Top Bottom