• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

gnarkill bill said:
You bet. Regardless of what a Gamestop or EB employee says, there will be plenty.

True, create an artificial shortage, increase hype = more free money for the store in pre-orders. I can't speak for limited edition versions, but if it's anything like the Halo 3 Legendary edition (the one with the helmet), there shouldn't be a problem getting one within a few weeks of release.

MMaRsu

My schedule :

Monday:
16.00PM work till 22.00PM
23:00PM check gaf and watch reviews and trailers again
00:00AM sleep

Tuesday:
07:30AM wake up and take a shower
08:00AM go and get food & drinks
08:20AM dump the stuff back at home
08:30AM walk towards Mediamarkt to wait in front of the store ( 1 min away lol :p )
08:31AM till 09:00AM wait till the store opens, smoking sigarets and talking with a friend who will probably also be there
09:05AM RUN HOME!!!!
09:10AM WOOHOO GTAIV BABY YESSSSSSSSSS

dralla

MMaRsu said:
My schedule :

Monday:

Tuesday:
08:30AM walk towards Mediamarkt to wait in front of the store ( 1 min away lol :p )
08:31AM till 09:00AM wait till the store opens, smoking sigarets and talking with a friend who will probably also be there

My schedule

INFORMATION SYSTEM RESEARCH PAPER DUE WEDNESDAY :[

Max@GC

MMaRsu said:
My schedule :

Monday:

Tuesday:

Mediamarkt?

Remy

2445587353_c0ef2b96fa.jpg

I'm spending my install time reading GAF!

bumpkin said:
Okay, so I broke my cardinal rule and watched footage of the game in the form of GameTrailers.com's video review. Man... I want this game NOW. The wait until Tuesday is going to be excruciating!

yep me too. i actually really like the way GT does their video reviews.

Synless

Gold Member
Wollan said:
I'm actually going to start out the night with watching some Koyaanisquatsi and GTA Debut Teaser.
I'm starting mine by studying now so I don't have to all of tuesday. Fucking Wednesday exams!!!!!!!!!

calder

MMaRsu said:
My schedule :

Monday:

Tuesday:

My sched:
Monday:
0800 - day one of week long holiday begins. Go back to sleep
1300 - wake up, have lunch, play some WoW, throw some shit in boxes for moving day
1800 - supper, watch playoffs, maybe some cleaning before moving day
2345 - off to Futureshop where pre-paid copy of SE awaits

Tuesday
0030 - expect to be home, put in GTA4
0600 - stop playing GTA4 if too tired to continue
1400 - wake up, debate playing GTA4 for the entire day and night or just most of the day and night

Wednesday to Sunday
Repeat Tuesday

Monday:
12am - Final Exam
3pm - Stop by gamestop, buy the guide, find out plans for the midnight launch
4-8 - Go out of my mind waiting
8 - Drive by gamestop to see if theres a line, maybe get in line
9 - Go to gamestop, get in line
12 - GET THE DAMN GAME AFTER 3 YEARS OF WAITING
12:20 - Stop by gas station and purchase all the caffeine I can
12:30 - Sit up all night playing GTA 4, as well as the rest of the week. thank God

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
GAF I NEED YOUR HELP SETTING UP XBL

I'm havign trouble, since my at&T network is password protected. I have it connected to my laptop via ethernet cable, but I need your help figuring out which numbers go where. Help GAF, I must play XBL!

p.s> i jsut realized my xbox halo edition came with a headset. W00T FOR ME. unfortunately, no connection - HELP

MMaRsu

Iamthegamer said:

I'm havign trouble, since my at&T network is password protected. I have it connected to my laptop via ethernet cable, but I need your help figuring out which numbers go where. Help GAF, I must play XBL!

p.s> i jsut realized my xbox halo edition came with a headset. W00T FOR ME. unfortunately, no connection - HELP

Best make a new topic for it, more people will pay attention to it I take it :).

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Iamthegamer said:

Internet connection sharing didn't work?

Coop

Does anybody know if there is a way to setup an alternative mac address on the PS3? I can do this on the 360 and connect to live but I don't see it for the PS3. I dont have my router with me either .. :-\

If you're wondering, my school makes us register our computers mac address to go online and that's why I'm having problems.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Just went down and paid off my 10 dollar preorder.
It takes me about 45 minutes to walk downtown so I think I'll leave around 8:30ish and hang for a few hours.

Any other people living in Santa Rosa going to the release tomorrow night?

I haven't been keeping up with this thread (or any info on this game for that matter) but do we know of any celebritries that are going to be doing voice work for this game? Samuel was perfect as Officer Tenpenny.

J2 Cool

The Gametrailers review said the difficulty level of GTAIV has been toned down since GTA:SA and it's predecessors? :(

Towards the end the say they were only busted a handful of times, but that the easier difficulty will open the game up even more to the mainstream. I know it won't heavily effect the fun factor, but there's something to pulling off something complex and difficult in a crime game like GTA. I really don't think it needs to appeal to the mainstream anymore than it already does, if that was there thinking.

Other than that, the review got me drooling.

Tr4nce

Coop said:
Does anybody know if there is a way to setup an alternative mac address on the PS3? I can do this on the 360 and connect to live but I don't see it for the PS3. I dont have my router with me either .. :-\

If you're wondering, my school makes us register our computers mac address to go online and that's why I'm having problems.

IIRC, there's the option of manually putting in a mac adress. Just go to the network settings in the XMB and choose to set everything manually.

Call me crazy, but I didn't plan to pick up GTAIV right away. But after seeing all of the videos and reviews over the past few days HOLY SHIT! Definitely picking this up day one.:lol

Top Bottom