• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Remy said:
In classic mode, R1 is aim/lock on and L1 is fire. Circle is also fire. Just checked.

I'm showing multiple save slots on the PS3 version.

So do you have to lock on? Is there any way of using R1 without locking on/using free aim?

I have to say, I'm disappointed with the San Juan Sounds soundtrack. I was expecting latin music from places other than Puerto Rico. Ah well. :(

woodchuck

Remy said:
In classic mode, R1 is aim/lock on and L1 is fire. Circle is also fire. Just checked.

I'm showing multiple save slots on the PS3 version.

how many? i want to save a different slot after every mission so i can always replay the best ones over and over. i did this with mgs3 in the different locations. i had a ton of save files :lol

MMaRsu

BenjaminBirdie said:
Much like the game itself. Same goodness, same classic style, just, you know, updated and cooler.

Dude, you HAVE to check out that GTAIV theme I put on youtube. It's total awesome +100

Dr_Cogent said:
I can't believe this isn't stickied.

Haha true that, anyone who's going to bother the mods about it? :p

Ploid 3.0

Hey anyone on ps3 try using the motion control with the bike and aim with the analog to shoot? Is it much easier to do so that way, like warhawk's advantage if you adjust to motion controlling in pro mode?

dagZ

Posted in the gameplay thread:

epicGTA.gif

Uhhhh...i was looking at the wikipedia for the soundtrack, and most stations only have like ten fucking songs. are you kidding me? that's not the full track list is it?

VindicatorZ said:
Uhhhh...i was looking at the wikipedia for the soundtrack, and most stations only have like [Bten fucking songs[/B]. are you kidding me? that's not the full track list is it?

I guess we'll all find out....together.

homez99

MMaRsu said:
Hey guys I just uploaded the GTAIV Theme song on youtube, it's fucking awesome so be sure to check it out!!!

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=yDGbhQR2XXM

Awesome, thanks for the upload squire. Are you getting it at midnight tomorrow night? I should get in at like 12.15 GMT+1 (think this is the same time for you isn't it?) with it, thinking of doing the basics then hopping online for a few hours before bed, got a big media lecture on The Matrix on Tuesday morning. Full on playage will commence from roughly 10pm on Tuesday (football's on), and will stop when my body shuts down.

Sylar

Banned
Mine:

Sunday:
*Smoke some Marijuana Resin to Put me to Bed

Monday:
*Sleep until 11
*Hate how it's one day until GTA
*Go to class from 2 - 4
*Smoke marijuana resin
*Go to bed

Tuesday:
*Wake up at 4:00 AM
*Keep hitting refresh on email until email comes in saying I can pick up my order
*Go ot Best Buy
*????
*Profit

Sylar said:
Mine:

Sunday:
*Smoke some Marijuana Resin to Put me to Bed

Monday:
*Sleep until 11
*Hate how it's one day until GTA
*Go to class from 2 - 4
*Smoke marijuana resin
*Go to bed

Tuesday:
*Wake up at 4:00 AM
*Keep hitting refresh on email until email comes in saying I can pick up my order

*Go ot Best Buy
*????
*Profit

Doesn't Best Buy not open til 8-9ish?

that will be alot of waiting but I won't judge your lifestyle.

MMaRsu

BenjaminBirdie said:
Is it the one in the intro? I do love that.

The intro song yes..so awesome ( harry.gif )

homez99 said:
Awesome, thanks for the upload squire. Are you getting it at midnight tomorrow night? I should get in at like 12.15 GMT+1 (think this is the same time for you isn't it?) with it, thinking of doing the basics then hopping online for a few hours before bed, got a big media lecture on The Matrix on Tuesday morning. Full on playage will commence from roughly 10pm on Tuesday (football's on), and will stop when my body shuts down.

Yeah np mate :). Nah I probably won't get it at midnight..either before work if stores start selling it early ( I have work @ 16:00PM till 22:00PM ), so it's either before I go to work or tuesday morning early as 9:05 AM or something :p.

I'll keep playing untill about thursday in the afternoon haha

Geek

Ninny Prancer
woodchuck said:
how many? i want to save a different slot after every mission so i can always replay the best ones over and over. i did this with mgs3 in the different locations. i had a ton of save files :lol

Twelve.

Foster

My schedule:

Monday:
12:30am - finish work for uni (gaf you ain't helping ¬_¬)
9:00 - go to uni
12:00pm - get the train home
1:00 till 10:00 - don't play on 360 in fear of RROD
10:00 - get an early night

Tuesday:
8:00am - wake up and wait for it to arrive
9:00 till friday - play GTA IV

:D

MMaRsu

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK I just read a MAJOR fucking spoiler...some fucking asshole on another board FUCK ME MAN :((((((((

I just watched the GameTrailers review. Very quickly, it left me speechless.

As someone who wasn't eagerly anticipating GTA4, I am stunned by what I just watched. I'd say "Day One," but I have a feeling I may have to wait a few days given the fact I just now jumped on the bandwagon and do not have a copy reserved.

Remy

woodchuck said:

It was either 10 or 12.

Costanza

Banned
brendanrfoley said:
I just watched the GameTrailers review. Very quickly, it left me speechless.

As someone who wasn't eagerly anticipating GTA4, I am stunned by what I just watched. I'd say "Day One," but I have a feeling I may have to wait a few days given the fact I just now jumped on the bandwagon and do not have a copy reserved.
um, wal-mart?

as much as this game is GOING to sell, there is no way in fuck you WONT be able to walk into best buy/target/etc and buy it without a preorder. they are going to ship the fuck out of this game (and rightfully so)

FrenchMovieTheme said:
as much as this game is GOING to sell, there is no way in fuck you WONT be able to walk into best buy/target/etc and buy it without a preorder. they are going to ship the fuck out of this game (and rightfully so)

I don't think it's sell outs that people are worried about coming between them and a Wal-Mart purchase.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Yeah, I haven't had a problem trying to buy a game on launch day in a LONG time.

I'm about to download GTA 2 off of Rockstars website for free... Is it any good? I feel like wasting some time but if it sucks I might just skip it

Geek

Ninny Prancer
MMaRsu said:
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK I just read a MAJOR fucking spoiler...some fucking asshole on another board FUCK ME MAN :((((((((
What was it? You sure it's legit and that he's not just fucking with you?

MMaRsu

Jesus god I'm so fucking pissed man I know it's just a game but I've been looking forward to playing this game for almost 3 years now! I've watched everything that has been released so far, and made it a point not to watch any story missions/streams or whatever. But what the fuck man why do people spoil major shit :( :(

I also blame gametrailers.com who has already put up a walkthrough before the game is even out. assholes

Geek I sent you a PM, I spoiler tagged it but I'm not sure if it's true.

MMaRsu

Himuro said:
If anyone spoils this game for me, there WILL be blood.

Yeah I don't know if it's true but the fact that gametrailers.com have a fucking walkthrough already up, before the game is even released only makes things like this more dangerous.

I don't even know why the fuck they do it ( gametrailers ).

Top Bottom