• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

btkadams

andrewjnyc said:
Frustration = driving 30 miles (round trip) to buy GTA IV, deciding at the last second to go with the PS3 version rather than the 360 version...and then coming home to find that my PS3 has apparently died (I'm visiting my mom in Va. and brought the console down from NYC, and it powers on and sounds like it's functioning normally, but there's no picture being output. I've tried two different TVs, using HDMI, component and composite cables, and I've had no luck with any of them. I appear to be well and truly SOL).

try holding the reset/standby button until u hear 3 beeps and it resets the connections to the original composite connection. this might work i dunno give it a try

The Chef

andrewjnyc said:
Frustration = driving 30 miles (round trip) to buy GTA IV, deciding at the last second to go with the PS3 version rather than the 360 version...and then coming home to find that my PS3 has apparently died (I'm visiting my mom in Va. and brought the console down from NYC, and it powers on and sounds like it's functioning normally, but there's no picture being output. I've tried two different TVs, using HDMI, component and composite cables, and I've had no luck with any of them. I appear to be well and truly SOL).
power on your ps3 and keep holding the power button till your ps3 beeps twice. It will be all better

DeadCell

HaloFans said:
He had months to prepare.

Seriously, if you haven't had your Xbox 360 serviced, just get it serviced.

It's already been known that 360s without the new heatsink implementations are bound to 3ROL.
This is his 6th 360. :s

I'm lucky enough to be only on my 2nd. But boy, what a time to die. He even bought the special edition and everything... didn't even get to play it once.

joesmokey

Not the clearest pic but you get the idea:
GTA4-1.jpg

Looks amazing in motion, will have to take better pics tomorrow.

inner-G

Banned
Installing.. :3

Instead of making the traditional sandwich, I'm microwaving old pizza.

Just as an aside, I live in downstate Illinois, and there were ~100 ppl outside GameStop.
This game is huge.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Dot50Cal said:
Hey guys, whats going on in this thread?

MdgKXlSqH.jpg

Waiting for mod confirmation before I start posting details. Lemme know if its ok here to do a PROPER comparison.

KEEP ALL 360/PS3 COMPARISON BULLSHIT TO ITS OWN THREAD -- ONE ALREADY EXISTS.

Fucking PLEASE.

Okay, just opened it. Best special edition ever!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
DeadCell said:
DID ANYONE GO TO THE FUTURESHOP IN NEWMARKET? Cause I did. :)

There was someone from Global News filming us so I dry humped my girlfriend.
*facepalm.gif*

Dot50, no comparison wars in here.

clav

DeadCell said:
This is his 6th 360. :s

I'm lucky enough to be only on my 2nd. But boy, what a time to die. He even bought the special edition and everything... didn't even get to play it once.
I'm on my 4th. Going to send it in sometime for my 5th before my warranty expires and perform a X-Clamp 3ROL procedure for self-maintenance.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I am such a sad panda right now. My Gamecrazy canceled their midnight launch without calling anyone. I understand that they can't sell the game if they don't have any copies, but give me a fucking phone call.

tfur

theBishop said:

crap...

I guess if I was desperate, I would try a few things... maybe delete a few gigs of space, or try with another login... And since it froze, you already did a cold boot...

FrankT

Dot50Cal said:
Roger that, making a new thread. Both camp's will be happy.

Why in the world would you make a new thread when he just closed the other one. Are you just living for this or something?

LordK

theBishop said:
PS3. Is anyone else having this problem?

I don't have my copy yet... but are you downloading anything in the background? That made DMC4 crash for me. It also made
Enchanted Arms
crash on me too (yes I'm that sad...).

theBishop

Banned
islewarrior said:
dude clean your disk you might have a scratch or dirt on it

did that too. i think my PS3 is overheated. I've been noticing these graphical artifacts when playing certain games, especially UT3 and Assassin's Creed. Its never manifested as a total lock, but maybe GTA uses the GPU differently or something.

Loudninja

bishoptl you might as well open that topic, to save gaf 100 comparison topics.
did that too. i think my PS3 is overheated. I've been noticing these graphical artifacts when playing certain games, especially UT3 and Assassin's Creed. Its never manifested as a total lock, but maybe GTA uses the GPU differently or something.

Let your PS3 chill dude,try again late.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
####################################
## CD Universe Order Status ##
####################################

Config Ord Ship Artist / Title Price Detail
Status
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
XB360 1 0 Grand Theft Auto IV $58.95 Backorder
XB360 1 1 XBox 360 Live Points - 1600 $19.74 Shipped 1
on Mar 18, 2008
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our supplier has run out of the items flagged as "backorder". We will
continue to try to get these items for you and ship them as soon as we
receive them. Some backorders come in the very next day, some never come in.
After 6/13/2008 backordered items will be automatically cancelled. You can
cancel backorders yourself by clicking the Order Status link on our home
page.
Don't ever pre-order from CD-Universe guys. Lesson learned.

Tobor said:
Just let it go, dude. Let it go.

The war's over, we all get to go home.
In all seriousness the issue is still somewhat alive for me thanks to this latest info that it creates the loudest engine noise ever on 360. I'd be interested to hear from others on this.

Top Bottom