• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

pulga

Banned
Yeah, so I just got fucking owned. My 360 RROD'ed 5 minutes ago. Guess I'm going to miss the GTAIV launch. Fucking Microsoft.

Teknoman said:
Or Army helicopter races.
I haven't heard anything about it, but wouldn't it be neat if there were team races? Like one person drives while the other tries to shoot the other vehicles? Imagine helicopter races where both the helicopters have people with guns hanging out the side, firing at each other.
pulga said:
Yeah, so I just got fucking owned. My 360 RROD'ed 5 minutes ago. Guess I'm going to miss the GTAIV launch. Fucking Microsoft.
OUCH. I'm sorry to hear that. Wow. I'm man enough to admit I'd probably cry.

ascully

pulga said:

Mine RROD'ed for the 8th time a few days ago, lucky I have a second unit which I am not switching on to play anything until my GTA4 arrives :)

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
XenonOxide said:
I've pre-ordered meself the Special Edition for 360 month ago for £70 but after seeing all the stuff you get with it I'm having second thoughts, is it actually worth getting the special edtion? I am a fan of series ever since the first GTA, but I'm unsure about the Special Edtion. What do you guys think? Is it worth the extra £30?

It is £60 on Amazon.co.uk

pulga

Banned
Yeah, but it's a especially big ouch since I don't live in the US. Last time I had to juggle sending boxes to and from Honduras to the US. Now I gotta do the same process BUT including Costa Rica this time, which just severely complicates the matter. So all in all, I guess I'll be playing GTAIV in... 1-2 months? Fuck.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Jtrizzy said:
Does that include Jim Norton? I used to listen to that show every day on XM radio. I don't like Ron and Fez as much, but whatever.

I would assume so.

Jim did voice work in Bully, as a police officer. Both radio shows are friends with Lazlow, the guy who does a lot of the audio work in the GTA games.

I think Lazlow is gonna be on O&A tomorrow (probably the FM side) to give them copies of the game and play some outtakes from the radio segments of the game.

MMaRsu

omg rite said:
I would assume so.

Jim did voice work in Bully, as a police officer. Both radio shows are friends with Lazlow, the guy who does a lot of the audio work in the GTA games.

I think Lazlow is gonna be on O&A tomorrow (probably the FM side) to give them copies of the game and play some outtakes from the radio segments of the game.

Is someone recording it and putting it on youtube? I look forward to hearing it :)

MMaRsu

Hey I just heard through the grapevine that the UK commercial is available on the marketplace, don't know for which country though..I'm just gonna check my marketplace and see if it's there..

MMaRsu said:
Hey I just heard through the grapevine that the UK commercial is available on the marketplace, don't know for which country though..I'm just gonna check my marketplace and see if it's there..

Ohhh FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Costanza

Banned
BobFromPikeCreek said:
I hope my Wal Mart does a midnight launch. I should probably call and find out. I'd be upset if I had to wait until they open.
If it's a 24 hour Wal-mart, they have to bring it out at midnight. If they don't, just start bitching and ask for a manager. You'll get the game.

painey

Just saw the UK advert on TV, it was strangely sped up, i guess to show it all in less time so they pay for less advertising, but it looked very messed up.

Hunter D

MMaRsu said:
Dude I'm always pressed for monies, I spent way too much money on way too much shit I don't really need.
Don't worry I will put you out of your misery in GTA. I have an AK bullet with your name on it.:D

Xdrive05

SolidSnakex said:

Impossible.

The moment the final build of the game gets burned to a disk, the singularity of its perfection will cause the laws of physics as we know them to divide by zero and create an infinite vortex of space and time that will rapidly devour the multiverse and God with it.

I'm still typing, bitches. The game hasn't gone gold yet. Say your prayers while there's still time.

2qd0l8i.gif

Teknoman

got2bekidding said:
The portrait sweepstakes is cool. If someone wins on GAF, that would be the hotness.

Its a crazy contest :lol First you have to be chosen to be eligible, then you have to enter and win. Or am I reading things wrong because I dont see any entry forms.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Goreomedy said:
Ah, so we'll have youtube videos from retail clerks and UPS workers by the week's end. Nice.

Oh man, can't wait. Though I wonder why Rockstar won't do some HD gameplay vids by then instead of crappy youtube quality vids from others.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Let's just enjoy the game, mmkay? There'll be a comparison thread for your bloodletting down the road, but not here.

squicken

Okay, so I'm trying to register for the social club, and it's telling me I can't because of a privacy policy violation. I tried it with 2 different browsers. Cleared cookies and cache. Restarted. And it won't even let me try to register. It's like I've been IP or MAC blocked.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Loudninja said:
Oh come on, do we really need a comparison topic? :/

Might as well give it a separate thread to keep the shit out of here, because arguments will happen no matter what.

Loudninja said:

It's going to happen anyway for those that enjoy those types of things. This will be the topic for people that are actually interested in the game.

newsguy

bishoptl said:
Let's just enjoy the game, mmkay? There'll be a comparison thread for your bloodletting down the road, but not here.

This post should be quoted on each page for the remainder of the time this thread is left open.

Solo

Loudninja said:

Well, dark10x needs somewhere to compare the discrepancies between the texture quality on the bottom of Niko's sneakers between the PS3 and 360 versions.

Loudninja

Oh well :)

They need to fill up their monthly ban quota.

Its a trap!

Might as well give it a separate thread to keep the shit out of here, because arguments will happen no matter what.

True
It's going to happen anyway for those that enjoy those types of things. This will be the topic for people that are actually interested in the game.

Yeah,I just stick to this topic, and share my GTA 4 stories :D

Well, dark10x needs somewhere to compare the discrepancies between the texture quality on the bottom of Niko's sneakers between the PS3 and 360 versions.

Man that topic will be crazy.

Top Bottom