• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Teknoman said:
Its a crazy contest :lol First you have to be chosen to be eligible, then you have to enter and win. Or am I reading things wrong because I dont see any entry forms.

Just by registering before April 29th at 12:00am, you are automatically entered into the competition.:D

Felix Lighter said:
Wtf. Is anybody else having problems with the page using firefox? It's shifted too far to the right. I can't see half of the registration form.

I also can't scroll down. wtf.

Edit: Pointlessly edited to fix embarrassing rant like mistakes.

how'd u fix it? im on a mac using firefox and i cant scroll either...

Ariexv

Don't think this has been posted yet, from Gamecrazy

GTAIV_LE-Faceplate.jpg

Right now it's 7pm and the sun is setting. My window's open and a warm breeze is coming through. I'm suddenly hit with a really good memory. It was of me sitting lazily in my room during the summer of 2002 playing nothing but GTAIII most evenings. It was my summer holiday from high school, so I basically just used all that time to play games (back when I lived and died for 'em). Now it's six years later and I'm suddenly realizing that it's going to be a very similar summer this year with GTAIV. Granted, I work most days, but that's what the evenings are for. I'm so looking forward to this game to occupy my time.

raYne

Himuro said:
I can't connect to the social club AT ALL
Still works fine for me. I suppose that's the bonus of getting in early before the news about the opening becomes widespread.

Perhaps you could ask someone you know to try for you? (ie the Wollan method)

disappeared said:
Right now it's 7pm and the sun is setting. My window's open and a warm breeze is coming through. I'm suddenly hit with a really good memory. It was of me sitting lazily in my room during the summer of 2002 playing nothing but GTAIII most evenings. It was my summer holiday from high school, so I basically just used all that time to play games (back when I lived and died for 'em). Now it's six years later and I'm suddenly realizing that it's going to be a very similar summer this year with GTAIV. Granted, I work most days, but that's what the evenings are for. I'm so looking forward to this game to occupy my time.

Totally. It's warming up nice, I got my windows open. Just chilling in the breeze finding Playboy X someone to start up his label with is going to be so fucking def.

Himuro said:
When someone makes one.

So if there is no multiplayer thread why didnt you include any information about it. Links to some of those previews would have been nice. I cant seem to find the original thread it they were all in.

raYne

Himuro said:
Well, I use the almighty Firefox. IE isn't working because 9999 spyware which has landed on my pc god knows how, and won't be killed off by my spyware program, so I'm installing Opera right now.
This is what I use and didn't, and still don't, have an issue getting into or navigating the site.

jaaz

raYne said:
This is what I use and didn't, and still don't, have an issue getting into or navigating the site.

+1 Firefox here too and I was able to register with the RSC no problem.

Himuro said:
I'm waiting for someone to make an Official Multiplayer thread with necessary information for people interested in it. Also, a thread where people can post there gamertags/psn. If no one is going to make them, I'll make them myself, which I really don't want to.

As hyped as I am for the single player game what I really want is multiplayer info. You've got info but it's just the tip of the iceberg. Before my internet went down I was reading every single one of the previews. Spoilers be damned. We really need an official multiplayer thread stat. Has any info come out about the other multiplayer modes besides Hangmans Noose and cops and crooks.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
calder said:
[]http://members.shaw.ca/caldermuyo/misc/calendar.jpg[/IMG]

Well I'm ready. :D

I've taken a few days off to play this game and to rest myself, haven't had a vacation in a while. Hopefully Amazon delivers it on Tuesday, this Amazon prime better work out.

newsguy

IcebergSlim3000 said:
As hyped as I am for the single player game what I really want is multiplayer info. You've got info but it's just the tip of the iceberg. Before my internet went down I was reading every single one of the previews. Spoilers be damned. We really need an official multiplayer thread stat. Has any info come out about the other multiplayer modes besides Hangmans Noose and cops and crooks.

What the shit man? The link I provided has a ton of info, read it.

MercuryLS said:
Oh shit, this is their pre-order bonus? I'm going to have to put some cash down there for this.
According to CAG, this may not be a pre-order bonus so much as a "hope you're first in line when you pick up the game" bonus. I'm not sure anyone knows yet, really. I'm sure eBay will be grateful at any rate. These will probably put the BioShock faceplate prices to shame.

BenjaminBirdie said:
It'll look dope horizontal.

WWWWIIIINNNNKKKK.
This is a family forum, tsk tsk.

Ten-Song

DanielPlainview said:
Very nice comparison pics. Should shut some people up.

I equate the people saying GTA IV looks bad, to the same lot of people that say some modern gen games "look worse than dreamcast games".

h3ro

DanielPlainview said:
Very nice comparison pics. Should shut some people up.

Yeah, great job finding similar pics! Getting anything in terms of Graphics is a bonus for GTA IMO, the variety of gameplay makes up for a lot...

Does anyone know if the PS3 version will do 7.1 surround?

People are seriously complaining about the graphics in GTA IV? I know they were bellyaching about things here and there, especially when they're prone to get nitpicky while poring over screenshots and scans before even playing the game in question, but I thought that they were just doing the usual 'not next-gen enough' bit...

I just want to thank this thread for showing me this advertisement. So, so, so awesome (as an added bonus, watching the idiots take on the console warz in the comments is hilarious).

I registered for the Social Club; can't wait to see how it's used

Zep

Banned
Think we see the return of a person like 8Ball? I loved putting explosives in peoples cars in GTA III

Dante

Listening to Ron N Fez now. Lazlow stopped in apparently radio genius Ron Bennington is playing a fireman in the game. Ron asked Lazlow how to find him in the game: basically his response was:

Just start a fire.

:lol

Anyway, Lazlow is bringing the game and all the audio into O&A tomorrow (friday) should be a good listen.

Top Bottom