• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

For those of you who are stuck on the Undress to Kill mission, here is the easiest way I've found to do it. Park a car up against the back door to make sure nobody can leave through it, start a scene inside of the club, and then just wait out in the parking lot and kill each one as they walk through the front door. Easy money.

Prvt.Pegleg said:
i don't like manny

and after the snow storm mission
:lol :lol :lol at "I'm sorry Jacob but I already hanging out with two friends and my hands are full taking care of them"

I LOVE how tied into the missions some of the responses are. Fucking brilliant.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Where do I get "smart shoes" I bought a suit for that one thing, but when I go back to his house it says I need a suit with "smart shoes."

Perseus, the store I bought the suit at, doesn't carry dress shoes.. neither does moda.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, must have overlooked them, or not been the right position to trigger a purchase.
I could have sworn I went to every rack.

Thanks!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Near the end, I'd imagine, question!

So I decided to kill Derrick, mainly because it seems like I still have work to do for Francis, and he was a junkie :p Anyway, I got the ability to Clear Wanted by phoning him, is this a one time ability? How many stars does it clear, and how often can it be used?

Do you get anything if you decide to kill Franics?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I don't exactly like how everything seems to be slower. I can deal, particularly when the infernus hits top speed, but otherwise, stuff like running and driving minivans just isn't as fun. :-[

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Oh GAWD

Weighty decision time! :(

I can't decide.
One seems like the right decision, but I feel the other would benefit ME more.

Ikuu said:
Near the end, I'd imagine, question!

neogaf2.png

:O

Is the guy who played Marlo in Generation Kill?!?

outsida

This thread has grown to a nice size so I don't know if this has been covered. Has anyone ran into a problem of not receiving any calls or not being able to get anyone to pick up the phone? Also all of the icons that represent peoples names are not on the map, so I essentially can't progress the story anymore. The only thing I can do is the cop vigilanty stuff.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
"The Holland Play" spoilers

No really, wtf? I can't decide. Playboy X has more money and a really cool sweatshirt and insists he's going to help out children and the poor population, but on the other hand he did fuck over Dwayne, even though Dwayne is acting like a little bitch instead of going out there and bringing his status back up. Ungh, I think writing this helped me make my decision.

BeeDog

Alright, have been playing for a bit, and it's a great game. But since I'll be having less time to game the coming week or so, I figured I could ask:

1) Is there any kind of car modding like in San Andreas?
2) Does Niko's stamina increase when he keeps running/swimming like in the previous games?
3) Do you unlock anything for killing all the Most Wanted criminals in Vigilante mode?
4) Does killing birds unlock any kind of goodies at all?

Cops n Crooks is broken.....or will be soon. We ran into a team with one of the cheapest strats ever.

The boss runs into the closest nearby body of water and swims to the edge of the map, the rest of the team splits up. One goes to the extraction point, picks up the boat and drives it to the boss. The cops swim to the boss, not realizing that you are unable to shoot your gun when you are swimming. then the boat full of crooks shows up, shoots the cops who are literally defenseless. picks up the boss and wins ):

any strats or tips to beat this?

burgerdog

Pookaki said:
Cops n Crooks is broken.....or will be soon. We ran into a team with one of the cheapest strats ever.

The boss runs into the closest nearby body of water and swims to the edge of the map, the rest of the team splits up. One goes to the extraction point, picks up the boat and drives it to the boss. The cops swim to the boss, not realizing that you are unable to shoot your gun when you are swimming. then the boat full of crooks shows up, shoots the cops who are literally defenseless. picks up the boss and wins ):

Use a boat as a cop?

HoTHiTTeR

Pookaki said:

LMAO! Brilliant!

HugBasket

Banned
Pookaki said:

get the helicopter or other boat

Prvt.Pegleg said:
get the helicopter or other boat
The cops dont know where the boat is. When the crooks split up, there is no way of knowing which one is going toward the boat.

burgerdog said:
Use a boat as a cop?
It doesn't help that there is a surprising lack of boats for the cops to use. and by surprising lack, I mean none.

careksims

Using the shotgun in a firefight and able to run while zoomed in - GODLY! Best use of a shotgun and it effects I've seen so far. Just seeing the force blow someone back. Also having the wood and concrete splinter and break while Niko screams out at them. So good!

outsida

Wollan said:
Maybe you have accidentally turned on Silence Mode.
Check options on your phone.
I'll check that out. I'm sure I changed it to ring and vibrate. Maybe that messes with it? Like the phone doesn't go off anymore and I'm stuck with nothing to do but cause myhem =(

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
so after 12 hours and 15 minutes of playing time I finally found my first "flying rat"

Only 199 to go! :lol

Prvt.Pegleg said:
there is one that spawns next to theirs
There is another boat that spawns next to the crooks boat? That doesn't really help, considering that the cops have no idea where the crooks boat is.....and its exponentially harder to track when all the crooks split up. You have no idea which one is headed toward their boat.

I have yet to play a cops and crooks with a helicopter.....I cant seem to think of a cheap way to use that....which is good.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Half the time I fucking hate this game. Easy as can be ought to get whoever approved/designed it fired.

neoism

Guys, I need help with a possible Glitch. I'm doing one of Little Jacobs package delivering jobs. Not sure which one it is but, its in Meadows Parks behind a house. The yellow arrow marker is right in front of a dumbster, and I get out the car to "Stash" the package but when I walk to the yellow arrow it just slowly disappears is this a glitch or what.

dorikyasu

1) Is there any kind of car modding like in San Andreas?
No
2) Does Niko's stamina increase when he keeps running/swimming like in the previous games?
No
3) Do you unlock anything for killing all the Most Wanted criminals in Vigilante mode?
Just an achievement on 360, nothing on PS3
4) Does killing birds unlock any kind of goodies at all?
Yes

neoism said:
Guys, I need help with a possible Glitch. I'm doing one of Little Jacobs package delivering jobs. Not sure which one it is but, its in Meadows Parks behind a house. The yellow arrow marker is right in front of a dumbster, and I get out the car to "Stash" the package but when I walk to the yellow arrow it just slowly disappears is this a glitch or what.

Could be a glitch. I knocked the garbage can over, yet he still "hid" the goods.

dfyb

Banned
few questions:

-am i correct in thinking you can't get drunk, play darts/bowling/etc, go to strip clubs in multiplayer...? i wanted to get drunk with a friend online and the bars' doors were closed.

-i want to confirm that USB headsets work with GTAIV on ps3 -- i haven't heard of a game they don't work in, but i just want to make sure GTAIV isn't an exception.

-i've asked this before, but is there seriously no way to save pics you take with your camera phone?

-do TV shows change depending on what day you watch? i hope there's more TV content than what i've seen.

Az987 said:
Bleh im stuck on 2 missions, Snow Storm, and Playboy X's first mission... any tips ?
remind me which mission snow storm is (what it involve doing etc). same for the other mission you're stuck on.

i never bother remembering mission names -- just what it involved doing.

Teknoman

C'mon GAF get some PS3 headsets :lol Seriously. Im completely lost in Cops and Crooks without voice comm. Same for any other mode.

Is it open mic voice chat in game?

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Jtwo said:
"The Holland Play" spoilers

No really, wtf? I can't decide. Playboy X has more money and a really cool sweatshirt and insists he's going to help out children and the poor population, but on the other hand he did fuck over Dwayne, even though Dwayne is acting like a little bitch instead of going out there and bringing his status back up. Ungh, I think writing this helped me make my decision.

My only question was whether it'd be some latter benefit to go with number one. Obviously bitches aint shit so I am going to have to go two.

Tiktaalik

hahah on the way to a date with Michelle I stole a car with a passenger in it, and drove fast enough so that he couldn't get out and he screamed the whole way. I pulled into Michelle's place and in the cutscene of Michelle getting into the car it also included the guy casually getting out of the passenger's seat. :lol

Az987 said:
Bleh im stuck on 2 missions, Snow Storm, and Playboy X's first mission... any tips ?

I can't remember Playboys first mission. If its the construction site one then for me it was pretty straight forward. Just go in there and blast everyone away. Playboy supplies all the weapons and armor.

As far Snow Storm, make sure you get fully equipped. I park my fastest car close to the entrance. Go in, take everyone out, and just before you jump in your fast car use your gps to point to a spot deep in another island. This helps you to get off that mini island quickly without confusion, and hopefully with some smooth driving you can evade the cops. I really can't give you any specific tips for 3 star evasion. Its just quick wit and skilled driving.

Dark FaZe said:
I can't remember Playboys first mission. If its the construction site one then for me it was pretty straight forward. Just go in there and blast everyone away. Playboy supplies all the weapons and armor.

As far Snow Storm, make sure you get fully equipped. I park my fastest car close to the entrance. Go in, take everyone out, and just before you jump in your fast car use your gps to point to a spot deep in another island. This helps you to get off that mini island quickly without confusion, and hopefully with some smooth driving you can evade the cops. I really can't give you any specific tips for 3 star evasion. Its just quick wit and skilled driving.

There is a much much MUCH much much easier way to evade on Snow Storm:

In the water astride the hospital is a speedboat. Use it, pull up "Hustlin'" on the Custom Sountrack, and lean back.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Who's gonna be on about 11:30 EST PM tomorrow night? I'm gonna need something to do after Iron Man and god damnit, IT'S GONNA BE SOME KING KONG.

Teknoman

Damn I thought there were alot of PS3 gamers with headsets ; ; I was wrong... So far i've come across a grand total of 2 people with headsets.

Teknoman said:
Damn I thought there were alot of PS3 gamers with headsets ; ; I was wrong... So far i've come across a grand total of 2 people with headsets.
Ps3 online players are pretty silent I've found since I got mine last year... Xbox 360 online people won't stfu about their blunts =\

cameltoe

concerning the MP. How in the hell do the stats work? I was 2 yesterday with over 14000 dollars. Today I am 1 with 1465!! WTF happened to my monies????

Top Bottom