• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
GQman2121 said:
Why are so many people playing Team Death Match with auto-aim and BLIPS on?

Where's the fun in knowing where everyone is?

Normally, I'm against auto-aim but in this game killing someone online with free mode aiming is a bitch.

Teknoman

DarkAngelYuna said:
Ps3 online players are pretty silent I've found since I got mine last year... Xbox 360 online people won't stfu about their blunts =\

Thats why I want to get some GAF games together. You'd think more of us would have PS3 USB headsets or Bluetooth headsets right?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just beat it... I want to cry.

Hold me, someone... I just don't know what to say...

Teknoman

I just wish Sony would put out some kinda PSA for people to get headsets or something. After playing around on XBL and PC, im accustom to voice chat in teams. Maybe even free for alls. Nintendo I can sorta excuse since the feature isnt even availible.

Cardon

dfyb said:
few questions:

-i want to confirm that USB headsets work with GTAIV on ps3 -- i haven't heard of a game they don't work in, but i just want to make sure GTAIV isn't an exception.

I used my USB Logitech headset yesterday and it worked fine. I could hear everyone and they could hear me.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
GQman2121 said:
Why are so many people playing Team Death Match with auto-aim and BLIPS on?

Where's the fun in knowing where everyone is?
With such a huge city, blips are easily understandable.

But when I play with auto-aim on....it's like shooting candy from a baby.

dfyb

Banned
Cardon said:
I used my USB Logitech headset yesterday and it worked fine. I could hear everyone and they could hear me.
awesome. i have a bluetooth earpiece but think i prefer having a bulky headset on :D. will be on the lookout for a decent USB headset and USB extension cord :)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
After finding out that the American Xbox 360 version was region-locked, I ordered the Asian version for my Japanese 360 from PlayAsia. Unfortunately, the game is on backorder and I have no idea when it will show up.

Desperate to play the game, I went and picked up the PS3 American version even though I still don't own a PS3 of my own. I immediately brought it over to a friends house, who only owns an SDTV and put in a few hours over the last few days.

This game is just completely awesome. A lot of things are a lot better than I expected, and I am impressed at how good it looks on an SDTV. The only thing that really bothers me is that the framerate kind of shits the bed when there is a lot of stuff going on, but I can forgive this because the game is so damn awesome.

I can't wait for my 360 version to show up so I can play the game in HD!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Doodlebug said:
In a good way? A happy way?
Good, happy and sad way...

MEGATON FUCKING SPOILERS, JESUS CHRIST DON'T FUCKING CHECK THE SPOILERS BELOW IF YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN THE GAME. DON'T!

I FUCKING WARNED YOU.

OK?

READY?

Roman, you bitch... I loved you so much. Why the fuck did Rockstar do this?!

dfyb

Banned
Teknoman said:
Damn I thought there were alot of PS3 gamers with headsets ; ; I was wrong... So far i've come across a grand total of 2 people with headsets.
in a typical GTAIV game i've been in, MOST people have had a headset. there were only a few games where the majority didn't have one.

indie85

Banned
Wow, just did the Bank heist, has to be one of the best gaming moments I've ever experienced. I love the skit with the have-a-go hero, you could tell what was coming :lol And the shootout, wow was really intense.

General thoughts: love it, but I just wish more of the buildings were enterable. Like loads of the shops, restuarants etc look like they should have interiors but they dont.. its a shame coz it looks like there were more buildings you could enter in San Andreas than GTA4. I guess they had to compromise somewhere to fit everything in on DVD.

srst

I got a nice car that I want to save. If I keep it parked at home in the yellow box, will it disappear after some time?

Core407

Banned
LOL Jack Thompson on Truth TV (formerly CourTV) - man talk about some BS.

Edit; Jack Thompson says you can have anal sex in GTA4?

Hunter D

Cerrius said:
Normally, I'm against auto-aim but in this game killing someone online with free mode aiming is a bitch.
No it isn't. Putting the sensitivity on high helps alot with the aiming.

Get both relix.

Yoshichan

Scotch said:
How many total missions are in the game?
If you don't count the repetable ones, it's around 90.

BenjaminBirdie said:
There is a much much MUCH much much easier way to evade on Snow Storm:

In the water astride the hospital is a speedboat. Use it, pull up "Hustlin'" on the Custom Sountrack, and lean back.
Oh god, thank you. I've failed this mission 5 times because its so damn hard to evade the cops in that area on ground, and I always get hit for 90% of my health just opening the door to the truck parked outside. Gets pretty frustrating.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Ok EVERY mission I've done in this play session was incredible. Incredible. I couldn't stop playing because of it.

Spoilers of missions Puerto Rican Connection/The Union Leader standoff (don't remember exact name) and mother effin SNOW STORM incoming

- Holy shit @ PRC. That was some sweet homage right there. I love how the buildup and chase was better than the conclusion, just uzi'd the guys as they descended from the station, cold blooded.

- Union Leader thing: my god. Making goons fall from the cranes, doing a legendary standoff against waves of guys with just a sliver of health left... unforgettable.

- But then... without a doubt the best mission I've played in this game so far. My god. Taking out the bikers in the complex was easy, but then as I ran from the cops they managed to bite me good (praise Jacob for $300 flak jacket) and I thought I was done for... until I saw a boat! I jetted up there, sped up to the north and shook them. Then this was topped off by some royal assfucking by our good friend Michelle. Who didn't see that coming huh? What a mission.

Throw my first heli ride in the mix somewhere too. Unbelievable feeling as you fly through all the skyscrapers while Brucie's talking up chicks. This game is truly a masterpiece.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
YES!

So I just tried out shooting a random car. What I loved about previous GTAs is getting into a chase with a car that takes off after you shoot it (which happened a bit rarely, but a BLAST when it does.)

So I shoot a car and...the passenger pulls out an uzi and sprays my Banshee. So we go to a fast high-speed pursuit down Manhattan, and the police start coming. I spray the driver side window and the horn of the car blares continually...the driver is dead and face down on the wheel. I get out of my car and walk up to the van with my guns akimbo, and the passenger makes one last stand. No dice, my friend.

Then the police surrounded me and I pulled a pin out of my grenade. You're not taking me today. Kablooey.

SO AWESOME.

Hootie

chubigans said:
YES!

So I just tried out shooting a random car. What I loved about previous GTAs is getting into a chase with a car that takes off after you shoot it (which happened a bit rarely, but a BLAST when it does.)

So I shoot a car and...the passenger pulls out an uzi and sprays my Banshee. So we go to a fast high-speed pursuit down Manhattan, and the police start coming. I spray the driver side window and the horn of the car blares continually...the driver is dead and face down on the wheel. I get out of my car and walk up to the van with my guns akimbo, and the passenger makes one last stand. No dice, my friend.

Then the police surrounded me and I pulled a pin out of my grenade. You're not taking me today. Kablooey.

SO AWESOME.

HAHAHA, so you basically kamikaze'd at the end to take out as many cops as you could before they could kill you? Epic.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Core407 said:
LOL Jack Thompson on Truth TV (formerly CourTV) - man talk about some BS.

Edit; Jack Thompson says you can have anal sex in GTA4?

Probably the 70 dollar service is for greek.

Teknoman

dfyb said:
in a typical GTAIV game i've been in, MOST people have had a headset. there were only a few games where the majority didn't have one.

Really? Maybe i've just been unlucky then. I did manage to play a game or two with a few tags I recognized from GAF, but no voice chat.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Hunter D said:
GTA will tide you over until you can renew your subscription.

Wait, is it true GTA4 includes a one month XBL Gold? A friend just told me that, but he wasn't sure if it was people who preordered =P

srst said:
I got a nice car that I want to save. If I keep it parked at home in the yellow box, will it disappear after some time?
No. It stays there until you replace it with something else. Note that only two vehicles will save there; if you squeeze in three compacts or a dozen bikes, all but two will be gone the next time you come around.

I played for another 8 or so hours today, gonna jump back in.

Only thing I dislike really are how annoying the cops are. The cops in GTA3 and SA weren't bad, but Vice City had the most annoying cops until now, which is the worst.

So many times I will be at the edge of the circle only to have another fucking cop drive towards me and start the whole shitstorm over again.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Liabe Brave said:
No. It stays there until you replace it with something else. Note that only two vehicles will save there; if you squeeze in three compacts or a dozen bikes, all but two will be gone the next time you come around.

areyoufuckingserious

i went around and jacked 20 bikes and lined them up, i even fucking fit the last couple in sideways across the top

took me a fucking hour so i'd never have to worry about driving one of those pos cars again

i'm pissed

traveler

Not Wario
Three Leaf Clover.... :O

Best mission so far, hands down; even tops Snow Storm. Only problem with it is that it really reveals the need for a mid mission check point.
Got almost all the way to Packie's house when my car finally gave out and the cops killed Derrick and Packie. Had to redo the whole thing.
:lol

Chiggs said:
ZZ Top's Thug is the finest song on the soundtrack...by a Texas mile.

freddiemercury.bmp

...would like a word with you. :p

Yoshichan

The absolutely best and epic mission in the game:

The bank robbery with the three brothers
It was so fucking intense, holy shit.

Hootie

Shit, I have a 4 page paper on a book I haven't read due tomorrow, but I'm about to play some Free Mode with my friend. How fucked up is that? :lol

I CAN'T RESIST IT!

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
I've been watching fake television on my real television for about half an hour now. Does that say something about me?

Top Bottom