• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

dfyb

Banned
Stoney Mason said:
Can you take a date to the heliport? I tried to do it but I couldn't figure out how to trigger it so I just left.
i've tried twice and both times, the helicopters were missing.

WrikaWrek said:
Her perk is to tell you to go take a nap.

She think she's funny. I tapped her ass. Oh and i've said before people, but tap the Law Chick's ass, she has the best perk, and she will send you some of those cellphone images that are so popular with kids these days.

who is this law chick? can you find her on the internet or is it part of a mission?

I am working my way up the Carmen ladder right now because Kate doesn't seem to put out.

and fuck Brucie! 2 hours on that shitty as boating thing and I only get like 10 percent like back.

HugBasket

Banned
double poo

three leaf clover:
1st time -
die because my car can't plow through a blockade
2nd time -
"THIS DISC IS UNREADABLE"

I'M GOING TO SHOOT SOMEONE ON THE STREET

j-wood

Two Questions:

1. Does Michelle have a perk? I dated her up to 100% but nothing...do you not get perks for dating?

2. I have found one gun on top of a building as a pickup. I'm guessing guns aren't hidden in places anymore?

disappeared said:
38% done... my god this game is amazing. It might be the best game I've ever played. My one and only gripe so far is that it doesn't reward exploration at all. There are no secret items/weapons/armor for bothering to climb buildings or reach hard-to-get-to spots.
Actually, besides the pigeons and jumps there are also weapons and armor scattered around the city. It's not the most useful thing in the world (due to resolution and no on-the-fly access), but if you want to know where they are, go to an internet cafe and type in the URL www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com. (Even though it doesn't use the default keyboard popup, you can enter using a Bluetooth keyboard on PS3, which is very convenient.) This website has maps to all the hidden items.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Linkzg said:
who is this law chick? can you find her on the internet or is it part of a mission?

I am working my way up the Carmen ladder right now because Kate doesn't seem to put out.

and fuck Brucie! 2 hours on that shitty as boating thing and I only get like 10 percent like back.

It's on the love site.

The one who's into law, date her. She's blonde.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I submitted requests on that dating site a while back and got negative replies from all. Do you have to cancel and click 'date' again to get another shot?

Law chick is awesome. I want to date her in real life ;)

The conservation after we went to the bar was hilarious.

Also dating Carmen. Game just has some lines that crack you up.

G-Bus

Banned
So I'm casually joggin down the sidewalk in some part of Broker. I pass by someone sitting on a bench. It goes straight into a cut-scene as I pass him.
Badman, Little Jacobs friend is sitting there, on the bench. He calls me over because he recognizes me from hanging out with Jacob. Chat a little when he asks if I can help him take out a gang of Russians.
I didn't have a say in it either way, I just thought it was cool how it all went down. Really seemed like I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Has anyone had anything like this happen to them? wonder if theres more.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Jimmy Stav said:
FUCK

Do I kill Dwayne or Playboy?! I like them both!

If you kill
Playboy
:
You get his crib, which is dope, to hang out in.
If you kill
Dwayne
:
You get fuck all.

I killed
Playboy
personally.

Edit: Shit guys, I would have caught this earlier. Sorry if I actually spoiled anything for anyone.

Just got my GTA4 courtesy pack from Rockstar :D

IMG_0143.jpg

G-Bus

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
If you kill Playboy:You get his crib, which is dope, to hang out in.
If you kill Dwayne:You get fuck all.

I killed Playboy personally.

spoiler all that shit man, I didn't need to know that. Fuck.

Guess I can make an informed decision now =\

struggling with a courier mission fo LJ. Got to get to schotter bridge on a very strict time limit. Any tips or shortcuts? his like for me has plummeted ith all my failiures.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Frenck said:
WTF

Spoiling one of the best moments in the game. I'm so glad that I'm already past that mission.

yeah seriously it's annoying as fuck, I am out of this thread til I finish the game probably, christ on a stick

ShinAmano said:
pardon the noob question, but how do i play a multiplayer game with a friend where it is free mode with cops? thanks.

tell him to whip out his phone, go into multiplayer and then friend, tell him to click your name and it'll sent out an invite. you'll hear it ring and a pop up saying you got a MP invite. then you whip out your phone click multiplayer and click Invite.

Scotch

Okay I'm stuck on what I think is the final mission:

I didn't kill Dimitri when you get to choose, so this may not be the final mission for everyone. Anyway, the part where you chase Dimitri in the helicopter by boat, and you have to get under the Rasta dude's helicopter. Only, no matter how hard I try I can't get under the helicopter before it flies off. Wth?

ShinAmano

DMPrince said:
tell him to whip out his phone, go into multiplayer and then friend, tell him to click your name and it'll sent out an invite. you'll hear it ring and a pop up saying you got a MP invite. then you whip out your phone click multiplayer and click Invite.
We are in multi...there are no cops...whats up?

Vosos

I'm sure everyone is way past this point, but a bunch of my friends are planning a multiplayer session tonight and many of them have yet to play any of the single player...Is it possible to get invited to multiplayer games if you don't have the in-game phone yet?

Vosos said:
I'm sure everyone is way past this point, but a bunch of my friends are planning a multiplayer session tonight and many of them have yet to play any of the single player...Is it possible to get invited to multiplayer games if you don't have the in-game phone yet?

You have a phone right from the start, just hit up on the d-pad.

ShinAmano said:
We are in multi...there are no cops...whats up?

The host has to enable them in the options before the match starts.

Top Bottom